Trades Round 9 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely you're better off just double upgrading this week lol, wasn't that the original plan? Don't you have like ~$600k in the bank before trades?

8 rookies on field, such a low projected score, a couple of upgrades will do wonders
Need to get rid of Berry and Warner, the other rookies seem to be scoring well anyway. Let them fatten up another week and save $$$$ on trades and if i'm lucky i might be able to squeeze in five upgrades in 3 weeks.

Ok campaigners first trade is locked in -

Warner > Poulter (kitty now to $400k)

Second trade I have a few ideas.

Obvious problem is Murphy at D6 if he doesn't play this week.

Options I am thinking of with my second trade are as follows -

A) Highmore > Ridley\Bowes\Daniel

B) Kosi > Docherty\Mills\Rich

C) Powell > Mitchell

D) Berry > Dawkins

E) Don't trade and cop possible Murphy donut :(

*FYI I don't like option E.

Thoughts?

team.JPG

C) Powell > Mitchell

D) Berry > Dawkins

Thoughts?

View attachment 1123173
Go B. Rich looks like he might be the best defender this year and he's got Gold Coast next weekend. Should be a lock for a 110-120ish score.

You'll still be a stupid idiot either way. :moustache: Congratulations on promoting your bench rookie to an on-field spot in Rd9. :thumbsu:

is it ok if I promote Jordan from M9 to M8? :think:

C) Powell > Mitchell

D) Berry > Dawkins

Thoughts?

View attachment 1123173
Berry > RCD if you want more cash.
Kosi > Ridley otherwise

Berry > RCD if you want more cash.
Kosi > Ridley otherwise

If Murphy plays I'll go Berry > RCD.

I reckon I can wait a week on Kosi > Ridley as Kosi plays North so should make his breakeven.

Just really want Murphy to play, would have scored 80 if he hadn't of got knocked out. :(

There is no difference which one he starts on-field. I never said that I think one deserves to be on-field over the other. My point was about trading down maxed out on-field rookies to 117k-124k on-field rookies (instead of upgrading them) at this point of the season not being a good tactical move when there is little dollar value or cash gen on our benches in case it goes titsup. At the time of posting I don't think anyone was expecting Scott to pull an 85 out of his arse this week which slighty changes matters. But if Ingy wants to be a hindsight hero, who am I so stand in his way.

My original post was in response to his about downgrading both Warner & Gulden (who were on-field rookies for him in Rd8) to 117-124k rookies. If the downgrade targets get injured/dropped ie Murphy/Frederick this round and you don't have much $ value on your benches or bank funds you're forced to sideways said cheap rookie to another cheap rookie only if there's another viable one available at the time or cop a doughnut.

I agree on Poulter FWIW I'm trading out my F7 McCreery (b/e 28) for Poulter (be -63) to fund Warner (b/e 74) > Hall (b/e 30) but for some reason a few people who want/need McCreery to eek out another 50k for their teams have taken exception to me downgrading one of my bench rookies and upgrading a playing rookie. Go figure.
you inspire me.

hail mary hall!!

scott > poulter

jones > hall

my fwd line is looking so much better with him in it. last two games well above 30 touches.. im sold.

agreed on the whole thing of holding onto rookies to squeeze every penny out of them.. whats an extra 50k when you can bring in another keeper.

Screenshot_20210510-011501_Chrome.jpg

C) Powell > Mitchell

D) Berry > Dawkins

Thoughts?

View attachment 1123173
A. 100% A. why is this even a discussion.

If Murphy plays I'll go Berry > RCD.

I reckon I can wait a week on Kosi > Ridley as Kosi plays North so should make his breakeven.

Just really want Murphy to play, would have scored 80 if he hadn't of got knocked out. :(
Hope Murphy plays too but who knows what that outcome will be. I will be waiting a week on Ridley, won't lose much coin but needed the double downgrade this week to facilitate a premo trade-in blitzkrieg over the next month!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure, maybe:
Warner > Poulter
Berry > RCD

But doesn't feel optimal somehow, Warner ideally one you'd run a touch longer
A double down makes sense in my case. Already have Ridley, RCD and Poulter seem decent. Might go Steele next wk.

Last edited:
you inspire me.

hail mary hall!!

scott > poulter

jones > hall

my fwd line is looking so much better with him in it. last two games well above 30 touches.. im sold.

agreed on the whole thing of holding onto rookies to squeeze every penny out of them.. whats an extra 50k when you can bring in another keeper.

View attachment 1123177

Keep Scott .

Trade Errol.

IMO.

Ridley in.
For Kosi.

Unsure if cull Berry or spud dead rookie Fin.
Berry BE 35 he really needs to bust out a 80 out of he's Arse.
It can happen McNeil did that...moo moo.

Backline will be finshed.
I want a mid and a forward then I will be happy .
Not finshed but happy .

I wouldn't be trading him out as long as he is getting games. should bang out at 70-80 eventually.

NFI how your going to finance the last three premo's with that cash gen, you really need to be focusing on that aspect more than bringing in keepers IMO... your going to need another 900k team value to get to full premo mid field and that ignores cover, and the rookies you do have playing will be struggling to make 550. Thats at least another two good rookies you need to bring in and give to time to ripen and harvest.

Thanks for the feedback I'll maybe reconsider. Do you think a double downgrade is the smarter play this week?

Ok trades done.

Warner > Poulter (sorry Andrew Birch :p )

Highmore > Ridley.

$28k in the kitty, 6 rookies left on the ground.

Next thing to do is to try and upgrade Kosi.

View attachment 1123214

Now I want Poulter to get injured this week to teach you a lesson since you didn't learn a thing after Murphy last week. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back