Trades Round 9 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very kind that you would regard what I say! As you mention it is a bugger that three good rookies are on the bubble together. I am not necessarily against or for any of them. In fact I brought in RCD in the other Fantasy games. RCD has 119 points in the two games and Byrnes 114. That last game RCD went missing
to a fair degree. Only 43 points.

Listening to one of the supercoach podcasts a day or two back one of the 'experts' mentioned that it taken RCD quite a while to get a game. What was the reason for that? Richmond being very good and stable is of course one reason. But they have had a couple of opportunities and didn't bring him in. Why was that the expert asked? Perhaps they have had misgivings about his progression. So you wonder as these injured guys come back at the Tigers that he might go.

On the other hand Byrnes was touted internally before the season, and then sadly did a hammy. He came back and had two very good games in the VFL, and in he came. So, it maybe that Byrnes is regarded higher at the Saints than RCD at the Tiges. Obviously Richmond have a stronger list etc etc. But it was food for thought. Perhaps RCD is better known and was a higher draft pick so he springs to mind quicker. But discounting Byrnes I find interesting.

Not advocating anything. I am going Byrnes probably. Seems to have an engine. Gets around. Uses his pace. Gets into space thus all the marks he's taken. Not as much contested stuff. Difficult game for sure against the Cats. Anyway....that's my two bobs worth.
Simples, covid restrictions.

Very kind that you would regard what I say! As you mention it is a bugger that three good rookies are on the bubble together. I am not necessarily against or for any of them. In fact I brought in RCD in the other Fantasy games. RCD has 119 points in the two games and Byrnes 114. That last game RCD went missing
to a fair degree. Only 43 points.

Listening to one of the supercoach podcasts a day or two back one of the 'experts' mentioned that it taken RCD quite a while to get a game. What was the reason for that? Richmond being very good and stable is of course one reason. But they have had a couple of opportunities and didn't bring him in. Why was that the expert asked? Perhaps they have had misgivings about his progression. So you wonder as these injured guys come back at the Tigers that he might go.

On the other hand Byrnes was touted internally before the season, and then sadly did a hammy. He came back and had two very good games in the VFL, and in he came. So, it maybe that Byrnes is regarded higher at the Saints than RCD at the Tiges. Obviously Richmond have a stronger list etc etc. But it was food for thought. Perhaps RCD is better known and was a higher draft pick so he springs to mind quicker. But discounting Byrnes I find interesting.

Not advocating anything. I am going Byrnes probably. Seems to have an engine. Gets around. Uses his pace. Gets into space thus all the marks he's taken. Not as much contested stuff. Difficult game for sure against the Cats. Anyway....that's my two bobs worth.

Thought Byrnes looked more cleaned and composed compared to RCD

1620819920381.png

19 trades and 48k in the bank

Little bit confused as to what to do this week and may depend on selections.

I think in defence I will have to roll with Kosi on field this week (Murphy definitely out and assume Highmore also).

Gulden and Berry the likely two out, wont have anywhere near enough to bring in a premo this week even with trading Warner & Gulden.

Thinking then a double downgrade and bringing in two of Poulter/Brynes and RCD for a combo of Gulden/Berry/DevRob giving 300-380k in the bank.

Does anyone else have any other ideas?

View attachment 1125720

I think in defence I will have to roll with Kosi on field this week (Murphy definitely out and assume Highmore also).

Gulden and Berry the likely two out, wont have anywhere near enough to bring in a premo this week even with trading Warner & Gulden.

Thinking then a double downgrade and bringing in two of Poulter/Brynes and RCD for a combo of Gulden/Berry/DevRob giving 300-380k in the bank.

Gulden and Robertson to Hawkins and RCD

View attachment 1125720

Your on the right track looking to cull Gulden and Berry imo. If there's not enough bank to get a premo then it's an opportune week for downgrades by the look of it

Gulden and Robertson to Hawkins and RCD
I feel like my team needs mids more than another FWD - Ideally I would like probably Butters and Danger to complete (pending their fitness). If I am going to shell out 474k for Hawkins I would probably rather punchable who while is a injury/suspension risk is more consistent for 10k more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Started the year with him. Traded him out Round 2. fu** you Leon.
Yeah i was damn keen preseason for that starting M5 slot. Didnt. Glad i didnt.
But he's cruising a 90 right now...on the up, and perfect for my byes. Perma M8, i'll also pay the extra 125K for one of Jelly or Titchell next week. All good for my bye rounds and may as well take two of them now. Green and Titch likely

Green wouldnt be worth a roughy back in though. He's more of a punt for me to nab 45pts a week out of Errol.

Is "roughy back in" tautology ?
Yeah i think its bedtime.

I agree with the sentiments.

However, those blokes on the podcast are no more experts than all of us here. In fact, given the depth of discussion, knowledge and proven results, I’d argue there are people on this board I’d rate more than the podcast people.
I'm not that humble, you can name me.

I'm with Verdun66

I think Jones out is excellent for Byrnes' JS.

Also means he might get a few CBAs as well, which could obviously help to increase his contested numbers and scoring.

Has looked very composed and also has a nice ability to find space in the middle of the ground. With the Jones news I'm more inclined to bring him in over RCD

Neale -> Hall
Chapman -> Mitchell

Not totally sold on Hall but it was the only way I could afford to get Chapman to anyone good.
You must have had some serious issues if you're only just getting around to trading out Neale. Absolute carnage for some teams this year. Hope you get some luck if you stick with those trades

The premos I'm interested in trading in will all be quite a bit cheaper next week and there are a few promising bubble rookies this week.
Has to be a double downgrade.

Warner & Berry > 2 of Bynes/Poulton/RDC

The premos I'm interested in trading in will all be quite a bit cheaper next week and there are a few promising bubble rookies this week.
Has to be a double downgrade.

Warner & Berry > 2 of Bynes/Poulton/RDC
Agree

Ridley will have to wait until next week.

Me, all week

AmusedWeepyBlobfish-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:
Yeah i was damn keen preseason for that starting M5 slot. Didnt. Glad i didnt.
But he's cruising a 90 right now...on the up, and perfect for my byes. Perma M8, i'll also pay the extra 125K for one of Jelly or Titchell next week. All good for my bye rounds and may as well take two of them now. Green and Titch likely

Green wouldnt be worth a roughy back in though. He's more of a punt for me to nab 45pts a week out of Errol.

Is "roughy back in" tautology ?
Yeah i think its bedtime.
I thought Taranto was the designated M8, or is he up to M7 now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back