Preview Round 9 v Collingwood at Coopers Stadium (Norwood Oval)

Remove this Banner Ad

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
Round 9
Adelaide v Collingwood
Sunday 6 March
Coopers Stadium (Norwood Oval)
2:40pm

Both teams are coming off big wins and will head into this match full of confidence. Adelaide will be playing to ensure they finish top, while Collingwood will be playing to ensure they remain in the top 6. It should be a brilliant game with plenty of play for for both sides.

TheTassieHawk

Team Captain
Oct 12, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Round 9
Adelaide v Collingwood
Sunday 6 March
Coopers Stadium (Norwood Oval)
2:40pm

Both teams are coming off big wins and will head into this match full of confidence. Adelaide will be playing to ensure they finish top, while Collingwood will be playing to ensure they remain in the top 6. It should be a brilliant game with plenty of play for for both sides.
I don’t reckon Collingwood will bring much confidence despite a good win. They haven’t fired a shot against the top 6 teams yet, this is there last chance to show potential to win a final in the likely event that they qualify.

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Obviously I would like to see us finish the last 2 rounds with wins. The big issue I hope to see us rectify is more goal kicking accuracy. Could be very important in the Finals when playing against the better teams who are likely in form.

No doubt we have the best defence right now. Just the forwards haven’t quite clicked into gear as yet. Hope to see Ponter continuing on with her solid form.

Apr 29, 2008
Northeast Suburbs
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm less concerned than most with our goalkicking inaccuracy. I think it is mostly a result of us just locking the ball in our front half, and our forward line clogging up as a result.

What I am concerned with is our clearance work. Our defence is excellent but even the best defence is susceptible to a strong clearance side breaking away quickly.

Apr 29, 2008
Northeast Suburbs
AFL Club
Adelaide
No Eloise Jones for tomorrow, that's a huge loss :( Munyard out as well.

Phillips and Tonon in. Good to see Phillips back, hopefully she's better for the rest. Will be very interesting to see who takes Jones' role on the wing. Maybe Mules? Newman? Thompson? Or even Ballard?

Dowrick and Simmons emergencies. I guess they've just put a line through Nikki Gore for now? Seems strange. She was a bit down before going out the side but not that much. Look at these stats in her three weeks in the SANFLW:

Round 3: 27 disposals, 7 marks, 9 tackles
Round 4: 19 disposals, 6 marks, 21(!) tackles
Round 5: 26 disposals, 2 marks, 14 tackles

Surely she can't do much more than that. No offence to Tonon but at this stage, I know who I'd rather have in the side. Perhaps they listed Dowrick and Simmons just to ensure Gore got a SANFLW match and another opportunity to press for selection.

Firewalker

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Apr 20, 2009
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
No Eloise Jones for tomorrow, that's a huge loss :( Munyard out as well.

Phillips and Tonon in. Good to see Phillips back, hopefully she's better for the rest. Will be very interesting to see who takes Jones' role on the wing. Maybe Mules? Newman? Thompson? Or even Ballard?

Dowrick and Simmons emergencies. I guess they've just put a line through Nikki Gore for now? Seems strange. She was a bit down before going out the side but not that much. Look at these stats in her three weeks in the SANFLW:

Round 3: 27 disposals, 7 marks, 9 tackles
Round 4: 19 disposals, 6 marks, 21(!) tackles
Round 5: 26 disposals, 2 marks, 14 tackles

Surely she can't do much more than that. No offence to Tonon but at this stage, I know who I'd rather have in the side. Perhaps they listed Dowrick and Simmons just to ensure Gore got a SANFLW match and another opportunity to press for selection.
Losing Eloise Jones hurts hopefully it’s not too bad, hoping Phillips hasn’t been rushed back due to this. Munyard out after her best game for the club is also frustrating.

Cannot believe Considine has burgled another game, it’s actually quite disbelieving, Dowrick definitely deserved a go in front of her.

Tonon getting another go at is ok but it shouldn’t have been ahead of Gore, like you said strange to see her seemingly black marked for now.

Concerning that Randall still isn't back. It would be very handy to get at least one game into her before the finals!

With the form Tayla Harris is in right now, if we play Melbourne we'll need Randall back just to curtail her.
Yeah thought Randall would’ve been back this week or at least before Phillips, very concerning, not at least to move her forward to try and fix the forward line and displace Whiteley in the team of course.

Apr 29, 2008
Northeast Suburbs
AFL Club
Adelaide
I haven't hated Considine's game since they moved her forward of the ball. Still not great, but she hasn't been screaming "drop me" like she was before that. I still have no idea how she survived the 2 possession game against the Bulldogs though, especially given we actually lost that match.

Lol at her free kick differential though. Up to 8 frees for, 24 frees against now for her career, and 1 for, 7 against this year. That girl simply does not know how to tackle without giving away a free.

What are the injuries?

Both got hurt in the match last week, but I haven't been able to find anything more than that. Jones obviously pulled up sore after a spoil late in the game, and Munyard left the ground injured before half time but then played out the match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Firewalker

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Apr 20, 2009
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Wasted some chances, could’ve been another couple of goals in front, but a handy start. Just easily racking up another scoreless against quarter for the collection.

I haven't hated Considine's game since they moved her forward of the ball. Still not great, but she hasn't been screaming "drop me" like she was before that. I still have no idea how she survived the 2 possession game against the Bulldogs though, especially given we actually lost that match.

Lol at her free kick differential though. Up to 8 frees for, 24 frees against now for her career, and 1 for, 7 against this year. That girl simply does not know how to tackle without giving away a free.

Both got hurt in the match last week, but I haven't been able to find anything more than that. Jones obviously pulled up sore after a spoil late in the game, and Munyard left the ground injured before half time but then played out the match.

Spot on with another free conceded there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back