Preview Round 9 v Collingwood at Coopers Stadium (Norwood Oval)

Remove this Banner Ad

Who plays first next week? Us or Melbourne?

If Carlton can't make finals I'm sure they'll lay down Essendon style in order to let the other Vic team beat them by so much it costs us a position on the ladder

You know Clarke’s a just worry about your own game operator and takes the good with the bad it can end up like today and the dogs game, star players can get off the leash and run around by themselves and be costly but he’s never going to change his style
Please explain 🤣🤣
I write some dooseys but I can’t comprehend
I am truly interested as I know you are good poster for AFLW but please re phrase Thanks

Please explain 🤣🤣
I write some dooseys but I can’t comprehend
I am truly interested as I know you are good poster for AFLW but please re phrase Thanks
His whole coaching philosophy is do the things that work best for you and gets you in a position to win the game, basically he doesn’t like tagging or changing structures, he’s a disciple of Craig/Pyke.

Thought we were gone at 3-q time kicking against the wind in the last. Thought they were better than us at some aspects of play. Not sure why Doc didn't adjust at the half the way their outside runners were killing us.
Glad we got the win but we need to be better than that to win finals.
Come back, skipper. We need a general down back.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

What needs to happen:
In: Randall, Jones, Gore
Out: Considine

Missing Jones pace really brought us back to the pack this week. Really need the marking power, leadership and rebound of Randall ASAP as well. Gore is better than some of the players we have put out there, not sure why she is out of favour. Consldine's bad to to damaging - gives to many free's and is a turnover merchant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tbh - 2nd and 3rd quarter felt like the 1st vs the Bulldogs - oh this game is won, dont try
Once focused (1st and 4th quarters today, 4th vs bulldogs) We played well.

Come finals i believe we'll be switched on and wont have these lulls......Well, one would hope.

Crowd on the mic 🎤
“ That’s holding the ball you green fairy “
The only holding the ball they seem to pay is if you dive on top (or are on top and it's held in). They never pay holding the ball calls for incorrect disposal in AFLW, or when you have prior opportunity and get caught. I mean they paid a few today but they were all against the Crows. They like to let it 'play on', as if this is good for the game? I feel like it makes dispossessing your opponent with a good tackle becomes less important and it's just wasting time with these short quarters.

What needs to happen:
In: Randall, Jones, Gore
Out: Considine

Missing Jones pace really brought us back to the pack this week. Really need the marking power, leadership and rebound of Randall ASAP as well. Gore is better than some of the players we have put out there, not sure why she is out of favour. Consldine's bad to to damaging - gives to many free's and is a turnover merchant.
Button out. Mules on the border. But you know they'll probably drop Tonin and/or Ballard again to bring in those players.

Just wanted to say I’m starting to fall in love with Biddell. She is one of the prime reason why our defense has been rock solid, and we’re defending well without much influence from Randall. She took some important marks and pressured well all game, one of our most improved and consistent players this season.

I think Najwa Allen is likely to get a game off for the incidental head knock against a Collingwood player who was stretchered off. You would think this is Gore’s prime opportunity to get a game. Button/Considine had average games today, maybe these 2 to make way for Jones and Munyard?

Button has been down on form all year. Her tackling is the only thing that has kept her in the side and even that is down lately.

As for Biddell, she's been fantastic. I absolutely do not say this lightly but she's been every bit as good as Sarah Allan this year. Super reliable in the air, positioning is perfect, nails her long kicks and has surprising pace when needed. She's been phenomenal.

And there was idiot me getting snarky when she was named in defence in round one :eek: Took me all of one quarter to change my tune!

Button has been down on form all year. Her tackling is the only thing that has kept her in the side and even that is down lately.

As for Biddell, she's been fantastic. I absolutely do not say this lightly but she's been every bit as good as Sarah Allan this year. Super reliable in the air, positioning is perfect, nails her long kicks and has surprising pace when needed. She's been phenomenal.

And there was idiot me getting snarky when she was named in defence in round one :eek: Took me all of one quarter to change my tune!
Biddell has been fantastic and our most improved this year.
Sarah Allan's only flaw is that she is too tall and when chasing down short players from behind, it's hard to grab them legally, so it can often result in a high tackle.

Biddell has been fantastic and our most improved this year.
Sarah Allan's only flaw is that she is too tall and when chasing down short players from behind, it's hard to grab them legally, so it can often result in a high tackle.

Fortunately Allan is usually matched up on a tall so it rarely matters. Her career frees for/against are 30/14. That's an average of 0.3 frees against per game, and three of those frees against came in her first seasons when she wasn't yet a defender.

Probably the one thing Allan has done better than Biddell this season has been get a bit more involved in rebound plays. Biddell usually generates her own, rebounds, whereas Allan works hard to get in position to be a release option. Averages 12 touches this season as opposed to 9 from Biddell.

That's been the pattern throughout the season. We don't tend to let through "regulation" goals. Generally if an opposition team scores a goal, it's either from a major error (which is admittedly rare from our defensive group) or from some absurd individual effort, some one-in-ten type of shot that comes off.

I'm still low-key annoyed that the Bulldogs managed to nail all those difficult goals against us. They just wouldn't miss! 8.1 against us, the following week they kicked 3.10, and the three weeks before that they kicked 4.6, 2.7, 2.10.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back