Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimateStrategist

All Australian
Aug 2, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
grundyintogawn.png

Jackson is getting more time in the ruck. Good for the Demons bad for Supercoach
I think it was moreso a bit of load management as Hickey was bashing him up a bit, he played a bit more out the goalsquare too and at times just sat in our D50 for minutes at a time. Wait for the game Gawn kicks a bag, he can definitely do it, dees haven't blown any teams out the water yet, carlton and Adelaide next 2 weeks present an opportunity for it.

May 7, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
49érs, SF Giants, GS Warriors
Anyone considering titch vs north as a pod vc?

honestly don’t think I’ll take anything less then 135 knowing Gawn is solo Ruck on Sunday. Just food for thought I reckon he’s every chance to have 40+ and dominate in a hawks win
Any chance that Turner tries to tag him?

Sep 9, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Any chance that Turner tries to tag him?
Turner is a squib even if he does I don’t see him affecting titch at all. Smaller mids like laird/brayshaw he can go with big pigs I don’t think get bothered

He looked 100% last week for the first time all year I’m really tempted by him in tassie and also the gull vs the pies

Grundy obviously the safe bet but think there’s a few good options this week

Even Steele now Jones is out should get a bigger score for the saints

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Turner is a squib even if he does I don’t see him affecting titch at all. Smaller mids like laird/brayshaw he can go with big pigs I don’t think get bothered

He looked 100% last week for the first time all year I’m really tempted by him in tassie and also the gull vs the pies

Mitchell is hardly that much bigger than Laird, Sidebottom or Brayshaw. Turner is a shitful offensive player with little innovation in his game, but Mitchell is the exact sort of player who Turner can be told to stand next to for the entire game, and not being a squib is the one positive he brings.

Mitchell is averaging 23 uncontested possessions a game and that's the exact sort of player Turner can tag - Mitchell is not a Fyfe, Steele, Oliver/Petracca, Bont type beast.

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Port won't tag I don't think and Macrae has 3 140+ scores in his last 5 v Port, I think that's a reasonable VC option. I'm considering him over Grundy as Hickey seems to be playing a good enough role on opposition rucks this year.

Petrify

Premiership Player
Mar 1, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
GWS Giants
Considering Mills into Gawn. Mills has gone over 140 twice now and is coming up against Collingwoods midfield who have been very s**t this year. Could see him going over 150 again.

xII ReApEr

Cancelled
Jan 7, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
With Flynn and Waterman likely ins, I won’t have a loop for Grundy/Macrae into Gawn. Looks like C Guthrie tonight into the big R1 Gawn.

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne

Titch is smaller than Andy Brayshaw

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Titch might be lighter but is thicker and stronger then brayshaw which is what I’m implying. Titch is an inside pig brayshaw is an inside/outside link guy

Brayshaw is easier to tag imo I don’t think turner affects titch

Brayshaw is easier to tag because teams hardly ever both to tag Titch. If I were North I'd tag JOM this week (if he plays)

Last edited:
I think Turner will tag Titch all game.
Turner's tagging record isn't very good, players still get plenty of the ball and score well

Sep 9, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Brayshaw is easier to tag because teams hardly ever both to tag Titch. If I were North I'd tag JOM this week (if he plays)
My whole point is turner would be able to run with a laird/brayshaw type and affect them more so then a titch or Cripps inside type in the way they play

if titch plays with the same intensity and form as the Eagles game he’ll score 130+ again regardless of a tag

people are talking like turner is Cameron ling or Brett Kirk when guns like swan got blanketed for 60’s back in the day lol

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
My whole point is turner would be able to run with a laird/brayshaw type and affect them more so then a titch or Cripps inside type in the way they play

if titch plays with the same intensity and form as the Eagles game he’ll score 130+ again regardless of a tag

people are talking like turner is Cameron ling or Brett Kirk when guns like swan got blanketed for 60’s back in the day lol
Probably the best way to think of it is that Turner will TRY to tag someone. How successful he is, who knows?

Titch was back to full in and under extractor Piggy last week. Which suits him perfectly. Not sure a half pie tagger like Turner is going to do much to stop him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back