Autopsy Round 9 vs Dees. Blues never in it and Cunners does a knee

Remove this Banner Ad

Throwing Jones back in the last 5mins was mind numbing..
they did?? I missed that...

He should have been there before half time, to crash into Lever and whatshisname...(wears number 1)

He may make mistakes up forward, but he would compete and c rash packs and keep some defenders nervous

I thought it was significant that no-one got around stocker when he kicked his first AFL goal. It's a sign of failed internal culture...
you know what, I was thinking the same thing and thought, nah, he must have kicked a goal in the previous few games
Thats just really really poor. As they say I soccer

"coach has lost the dressing room"

tenor.gif

That is a response to some of the hot takes in the GD thread, not our performance, which was pretty admirable under the circumstances.

Melbourne are 9 and 0 and flying.

But yeah Sakc Teague, burn down the joint, trade Cripps for a can of coke and twisties.

The boys busted a gut for four quarters, but we have not got the depth or talent to mix it with the likes of the Dees.

Some perspective and cool heads would be welcome.

I hate losing, but sometimes you have to accept the hand we have been dealt.

Prayers for Cunners btw

The boys busted a gut for four quarters, but we have not got the depth or talent to mix it with the likes of the Dees.

Except we do have the talent - Teague has decided not to play them.

Some perspective and cool heads would be welcome.

It is cool heads calling out Teagues stubbornness - it is heads in the ground refusing to face reality which is perhaps less welcome.

I hate losing, but sometimes you have to accept the hand we have been dealt.

Tell that to Kernahan - just accept it, lie down and take it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hardly the worse loss of the year, especially considering the MC are probably the biggest joke at the club atm. I still don't think we've played our best 22 (by choice) this year.

Casboult absolutely limping into 150 games, at this point (well 2-3 weeks ago really) I'd prefer to have a shorter player in this spot that wanted to get the footy and has a future at the club. He's getting a gig purely on his height and is playing like a man that knows it, hasn't had a considerable impact in weeks

We have a lot of injuries, so a lot of rabble out on that field atm. Not sure if that's an excuse though.

We weren't able to steal one off better teams, so now if we don't convert the upcoming winnable games, I think it could be a short stay for Teague.

Drastic changes required throughout before Teague loses the support of many. Assistants need to go, veterans need to go, players to be played in position, pea hearts need to go

Cunners going down early really hurt our cause. A lot of players were miles off the pace though.
lets hope Cunners hasnt done a knee,maybe a bone bruise or a medial ligament not he acl or even a pcl
However he was never going to win the round for us at all,gibbons in was just as useful
Dees bit stronger....wasnt the worst effort today

We just can’t keep playing so many physically uncompetitive forwards. Owies the only one out of the small guys to have physical presence in the air and on the deck. Gibbons, Murph, Fog and Betts just man handled all game.

I really don’t want to see Murph play again. It’s upsetting watching him get games ahead of Honey.

A telling stat this week was tackles inside 50: we had 21 against their 6. For comparison, our 2021 average is 8, theirs is 13.3.

Suggests to me that forward pressure was not our problem, this week at least. But forward delivery was. They got it inside their forward 50 far too cleanly while we bombed it or otherwise made a hash of it too often.

Murph is one of the few fit players we have who usually makes a smart choice sending it inside 50. (Betts is another; JSOS, Martin and maybe Fisher would also qualify.) Right now we need Murph in the side and we need the ball in his hands.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back