Autopsy Round 9 vs Dees. Blues never in it and Cunners does a knee

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 14, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Thanks. Rivers was also recruited in that same draft - 2019. The person responsible (Jason Taylor) hit the jackpot - all 3 are in the best 18.

James Jordon was also a good recruit ... he's only played about 10 matches.
It has all fallen into place for them brilliantly. Have not seen a club that has had as much bad luck as Melbourne in the past 20 years, and they deserve their success. There will be a lot of people waiting for them to implode, but they seem to be a lot more mature group.

May 1, 2002
AFL Club
Carlton
👌
Did not see the game on Sunday but based on stats looks like Setters was decent.
Anyone care to comment on how he played...

I've reviewed the game and we looked much better when Setters was playing midfield supporting Crippa and Walsh. :D
Setterfield and Stocker were very good and have added the inside grunt and outside clean disposal through the middle.
Add Doc on the wings and the slight improvement from Williams, with more to come from the latter and we aren't that far away.
Hopefully Teague sets us up right and uses all of the above names mentioned and we will surprise come 2nd half.
Add Martin for the class forward, JSoS as the 3rd tall and Fisher when he is ready and yep - we are there.

Sector 7G

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I've reviewed the game and we looked much better when Setters was playing midfield supporting Crippa and Walsh. :D
Setterfield and Stocker were very good and have added the inside grunt and outside clean disposal through the middle.
Add Doc on the wings and the slight improvement from Williams, with more to come from the latter and we aren't that far away.
Hopefully Teague sets us up right and uses all of the above names mentioned and we will surprise come 2nd half.
Add Martin for the class forward, JSoS as the 3rd tall and Fisher when he is ready and yep - we are there.
When I watched the replay I was a lot less angry with the performance and just frustrated as we are closer than we think.

2 goals in the last minute of the 1st and 2nd quarter were killers.
1st Jones had a mark at HB with a minute to go and we turn it over and allow McDonald to mark in the hole
2nd Pitt taps it straight to Oliver who is able to back run along the boundary and centre it to Hunt alone in another whole.
We got lucky in the 3rd when Weiderman missed a late shot

Too many dumb plays throughout the game, Cripps marking and then forward handballing to congestion, Fog taking advantage and bombing it to free defenders.

Cunners was a massive loss. Most evident in the last when Gibbons got the ball on the wing, slowly moving forward, burns the free man 30m forward to instead kick long to Fog alone forward. Kick had no penetration and Petty marked in front of him. Cunners would have burst forward and punched a low 50m pass for an easy goal.

Combine that with numerous occasions when we looked to have killed an contest but failed to get it over the boundary. Just need to get a couple of wins to get the confidence back.

Nov 14, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Well we can pencil finals in then. Where do I book my tickets???

TeeJay Blue

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
What is a stat point?

Stat points are based on level of contribution during the match and are determined from the standard statistics. They are primarily measured through fantasy scores.

Not an accurate measurement as it doesn't always tell who the best performers were, but it is a simple measurement for myself and I often like to compare it to other scoring systems.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back