Review Round 9 vs Fremantle, Metricon Stadium, Sunday 15th May, 1:40pm AEST

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
James Frawley an assistant coach for us?

Yes for vfl

ASHMOREACE

Debutant
Apr 2, 2022
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I reckon if Rankine has progressed towards a contract, it’s a good week to get that out in the press.
Thought he was outstanding, Rosas might want to take note of his game. Apart from that breakout game against Carlton ( where he got a couple of pretty generous handballs from his teammates in front) he has only kicked one fron the other 7 he has played. A couple of times I saw him running past Chol trying to get that cheapie. Needs to add other strings to.his bow. Reckon Jeffery needs to be introduced as a defender or on a wing , very hard at his size to be a key forward at AFL level. Good win though , agree Dew actually outcoached Longmuir

Defensive efforts today were superb! Freo didn’t score a goal between the 1st and 4th quarters. Loving the dynamic in the team at the moment, we are hard at it and bringing immense pressure. Two big scalps over the past two weeks Sydney and now Freo. A lot to be proud of and take away from these two games. Our next 3 are all very winnable.

Sun Stormer

Mature Age Recruit
Jul 27, 2018
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I saw his game differently. After the first 10 minutes of the first quarter, felt he did nothing with any of his possessions.

Also, in a game where it shouldn’t have suited them our talls dominated. Chol is so good at ground level.
Brodie did his calf before half time - still played out the game and one of Freo's best.

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Good win though , agree Dew actually outcoached Longmuir
Chaos balls into the forward line, man on man defence and Freo not reworking the "Quarterback out the back rebound" theory to suit the conditions
Funnily enough , having endured a winter in Perth, the conditions today were pretty similar to what I encountered there so you'd think they would have had a plan B

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Great stuff. This group has something different. They are slowly going in the right direction.
Good Lord Rory makes a massive difference to our structure.
🙏🙏🙏Please do not get injured.
I’d be looking at recruiting a key defender as insurance anyway. That or move B. King to fullback when he returns ;)

KaySwizzle

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2020
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Watched the replays. Just like the fourth quarter last week, feel like Rowell is immense at the contest. Just gets to the ball and looks to be able to shrug off more tackles and get the ball out each week. He enables other players to run out and attack, even if his stats don’t look amazing.

Chol was immense at ground level. Swallow and Touk just battered the Freo players time and time again. Rankine might not have the scoreboard stats, but he looked electric and has the score involvements to show for his work.

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Having a guy like Rory who makes good decisions vs Caleb Graham:cool:
Have to say Farrar had a shocker today

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Watched the replays. Just like the fourth quarter last week, feel like Rowell is immense at the contest. Just gets to the ball and looks to be able to shrug off more tackles and get the ball out each week. He enables other players to run out and attack, even if his stats don’t look amazing.

Chol was immense at ground level. Swallow and Touk just battered the Freo players time and time again. Rankine might not have the scoreboard stats, but he looked electric and has the score involvements to show for his work.
The work Buzz does

Might have looked different on TV but Brodie didn’t dominate
Did hardly anything useful
I watched him very closely

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Did you boo him? ;)

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Having a guy like Rory who makes good decisions vs Caleb Graham:cool:
Have to say Farrar had a shocker today

I would like to see farrar take more marks instead of punching it forward.. maybe I’m just getting picky now 🤣

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
Shoutout to the defensive unit who have just gone to the next level since Rory’s return.

They are not the most glamorous, High-end draft-pick group, but they just refuse to be beaten or quit, and with Rory in, look far more organised and cohesive. Some iffy-ball users in the group, but can’t fault their defensive abilities.

Even up 50 with 5 minutes left, Collins, Lemmens, Ballard and Powell were cracking in hard to stop those late, meaningless goals.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
We are doing really well this first half of the season despite the teams we have been up against. Quality win today against a quality side. Finals for sure is a possibility!

Back