2nds Round 9 vs Geelong at Punt Rd Oval 4.30pm June 17th

Remove this Banner Ad

So the Tigers take on Geelong after the Swans game on Saturday with the game kicking off at 4.30pm at Punt Rd. Game is being broadcast on Tiger radio apparently.

Team:
B: Broad Beasley Garthwaite
HB: Darley Hunt Morris
C: C.Ellis Miles Markov
HF: Lennon Aarts Stengle
F: Batchelor Chol Graham
R: Maric Ballard Townsend
INT: Bathie Coffield Cass Credlin Fletcher

Great to see Graham named for his first game of the year, with only 14 Richmond listed players being named it should be a tough ask for the Tigers to get over the line. While a win would be handy, the more important thing is to see the likes of Lennon Stengle Ellis Markov & Garthwaite continue to develop and perform, while it would be good to see some signs of improvement from Chol given he looks like being the go to forward this week.

Having watched all but one VFL game this season, and having the 'distinct' feeling that the 4 points are not that important in our 'seconds' due to certain game plans, structure and getting as many possessions as possible for the bigger names round the ball? i would like to place this question! Our senior backline is working well so Batch and Garth are not needed at this time, so with a lack of talls in the seniors, 'WHY' the hell would we not try Garth [194cm] at chf v geelong instead of Artsy [178cm] to create a head ache along with Choly[198cm] at ff, and rotate them during the game to see 'how and if' they can work together and offer another senior option in the future, to actually find out if there is a forward possibility of kicking 'more goals' from our 'two talls'??????? Leno[188cm] Stengs[171cm] Graham[180cm] Batch[188cm] are our other forwards? Hope all tiger supporters get to PR and support our vfl men after the big one, GO TIGES.

looking forward to hearing how the deisel engine (graham) goes - kinda excited to see how Chol goes as well, hope being the main main up front helps hm and he can clunk a few marks and kick a couple. Hope Lennon can have another good game, as that wil get him a run in the 1's next week

Bachelor finally gets his wish to go forward. Doubt it will mean much but it's a fight between he and Lennon for a crack in the seniors as another marking target. At least with Bachelor he will add good forward pressure. Reminds me a bit of Jack Darling, with a touch of mongrel.

Bachelor finally gets his wish to go forward. Doubt it will mean much but it's a fight between he and Lennon for a crack in the seniors as another marking target. At least with Bachelor he will add good forward pressure. Reminds me a bit of Jack Darling, with a touch of mongrel.
and a lot less athleticism :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excited to see Jack Graham back from injury and gets to play in the team with his best mate Oleg.
Reckon he could be our best pick up from last year's draft.
He will be our best player from that draft. He is a captain, a leader by example. Give him time, but watch him closely next year. Watched his under 18 champs games, he was enormous.

Good luck to Graham, give him the year in VFL - baring injuries to our AFL mids - to get his body right and learn our structure. I think what excites me is that he is named as a forward. Hopefully he can become another big bodied mid forward that are so valuable these days.

what a shame Moore is injured. He was starting to get some good numbers in the 2s and could have pushed his claims for elevation. Would certainly have offered a lot more defensive pressure that Elton or Soldo.

Good luck to Graham, give him the year in VFL - baring injuries to our AFL mids - to get his body right and learn our structure. I think what excites me is that he is named as a forward. Hopefully he can become another big bodied mid forward that are so valuable these days.
Probably named forward as itll be easier to manage time on ground and how much running he does

I recommend anyone going to punt rd to watch the reserves to bring a high powered torch. When the sun goes down its almost impossible to see the play. How it got passed by afl players association is a joke.
The lighting is totally inadequate and down right dangerous

Bathie marks in the goalsquare after some good work by Ellis. 13-12. A couple of turnovers in our forward half gift 2 shots both missed, one to Lennon. Not sure who the other miss was off.. 15-12

Remove this Banner Ad

Back