Not open for further replies.
Sep 18, 2015
The Hippodrome
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hornets, Mariners, Falcons
gOn.jpg

You're about to enter a world that doesn't make any sense. A world where the lines of fact and fiction are blurred on the daily. My name is Bastyy, and I'm here to tell you some terrifying stories that may or may not be true. Over the course of tonight's program you will be given access to a terrifying story, and it will be your goal to find out whether this story is true or false

Imagine you're a Sunday shopper, you've come to your local Supermarket and found out that there is a buy one get one free deal on just what you're looking for. You'd be ecstatic wouldn't you? Well that's what happened to this customer in our first story.

It was a trade period like any other, a young man named David and his best friend Peter walked into their office preparing for a trade period like no other. There was one thing on these two men's agenda, the acquisition of a football player named Jordan. Jordan was starved of opportunity at his previous club and the promise of more time out on the field was far too promising. They knew that they were in for a tough and long battle with the AFL's equivalent of the Mafia, but they had fought these battles before, with some of these battles generating a beautiful reward.

As Peter put his hat on the table, with feathers falling all over the offices carpet, there was a ring at the phone. No one knew the Fremantle boys had arrived ready for a day of trading, but yet there was someone on the line who needed to talk to David and Peter. "I have an offer for you David" were the words uttered on the other side of the line. David was confused, who could this possibly be? "Who is this?" David asked in response and the only thing David heard was a reassuring voice from the past "Oh you know who I am". It was Craig Cameron! Craig Cameron was the list manager of the Gold Coast Suns, a club who had for some reason, traded Pick 2 in the AFL Draft for a young Lachlan Weller, a player who hadn't yet played 50 games. David knew that the club probably wanted revenge, and prepared himself to ask what the offer actually was. What it was? He never expected.

"Pick 19 and Will Brodie, you want it?" David was confused, responding with "what?". Not only did the Dockers not have the ability to make that trade, they wondered why the hell Gold Coast actually wanted to get rid of those resources. David went to decline but just as he went to hang up the phone Craig popped up again "Please mate, we'll take anything, even a Future Second!"

portrait-of-young-man-with-shocked-facial-expression-picture-id626205158

Pictured: Peter Bell and David Walls when they heard about this trade, probably.

David and Peter looked at eachother "A future second? You're kidding right" "Not one bit, we need to get rid of Brodie, Dew hates him!" Wow, this was unbelievable, a former top 10 pick for a future 2nd? And Pick 19? The first pick of day two of the draft? David quickly accepted the trade, and they immediately called up AFL House and the trade was complete. The two couldn't even believe their luck!

buGokhMY.jpg

Will was ecstatic with his trade to the Dockers

So what did you think of this unbelievable story? How could one club be so stupid to trade Pick 19 and Will Brodie? A top 10 talent who hadn't hit his straps nor given opportunity? It has to be fake right?

I'm sorry but. It's a fact
1652078826330.png

Oh and apparently Fremantle are playing Gold Coast this week. If I had to predict anything, I'd say Fremantle would win by 38 points with Will Brodie collecting 38 Disposals, 11 Tackles and 7 Clearances.

Great story...but are you sure Dave and Pete are best mates. I think they should be...because if they keep coming up with the gems they have past few years...we are going to be rolling in it

Gold Coast still ahead after we let that champ walk to them in the pre-season draft a few years ago. (Of course I'm referring to Meima aka Peelskin).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back