Review Round 9 vs Greater Western Sydney @ Metricon (Sun 2/8/20 - 3:35pm)

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Step back today, but this is about the margin I was expecting. We're a middle of the road team at best still. That's the reality.

We know our midfield is an average one without Rowell. If they're even a bit off then it rapidly falls, as seen today. Their midfield is amazing and they got on top of us today, no doubt.

Couple of our mids had down games. Greenwood in particular.

Some players definitely have to go after that.

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Hanley drops another uncontested Mark, fu** you Dew
If Hanley and a few others are still in the team next week then our match selection committee needs their collective heads read. We are not going forward with some of these blokes. Time to give Sharp, Flanders etc. some games to get a taste of it and see what they’ve got.

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Step back today, but this is about the margin I was expecting. We're a middle of the road team at best still. That's the reality.
Given the pastings GWS have given us recently, I was thinking a three - four goal loss would’ve been passable but we were atrocious today. Too many mistakes under minimal pressure. Too many passengers.

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below

We could have won today even with the poor skills. Lots of gettable shots there.

This and this.

You've all been spoiled by the hype.

Embarrassing to have to read sometimes

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
This and this.

You've all been spoiled by the hype.

Embarrassing to have to read sometimes

I second this comment, we were last with concessions. People expect us to be playing finals, just be realistic we are still a young side and just lost to last years grand finalists by our own crap goal kicking and decision making. Richmond literally got smashed last week by the same GWS

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Big fan of what dew and suns are doing. Why does he make so few changes to your team tho? Powell had another stinker today and absolutely butchered the ball. Hanley needs to be dropped, makes so many mistakes for you guys. How is Flanders not getting a run, king looks like he needs a freshen up aswell. Even macpherson, surely Flanders gets a go over him and you need fiorini in your midfield.

Last edited:

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
The axe needs to be swung at the selection table and If I was the coaching team I would make a bold statement and drop King... he could not read the ball at all tonight. Yes he got two scoring shots and had another one that missed all together but had various times where he kept being worked under the ball and couldn't win the contest. We need to be able to hit our targets and not continue to turnover. A bit annoying tonight considering the work we've done AND that we have come off a 10 day break. To only score 19 points in three quarters just isn't good enough. Where did all our great pressure go? Not to mention our constant fumbling!! We need to go back to basics and learn how to MAN UP. Too many Giants players were loose that gave them easy goals... Prime time coming up Thursday night. We NEED to be ready and not be with the fairies like we were tonight,

Out: Dmac, Powell, King, Witts, Holman

I'm not sure it was selection. It was just execution, cleaniness and composure. All things that can be improved. These guys know how to kick and mark and hit a target. It just didn't come off today, unfortunately.

But Flanders should get a go. Maybe it will bring some excitement.

GWS are a well experienced and skilled team.

Onto next week.

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Last year's grand finalists

What did you expect you miserable fu**s?

I expected the Club to rotate players over the past month so they would be ready to play
Why would our players give a miserable * if they know they’re not getting dropped?
Oh that’s right
Because they’re being “ backed in”
Give me a break
That’s bullshit psychology none 0 none
Now they’ll bring in blokes who have been playing scratch matches for 2 months and moan when they’re not up to speed
Pathetic team management IMO

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Feb 27, 2005
Port Augusta
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
QPR
The axe needs to be swung at the selection table and If I was the coaching team I would make a bold statement and drop King... he could not read the ball at all tonight. Yes he got two scoring shots and had another one that missed all together but had various times where he kept being worked under the ball and couldn't win the contest. We need to be able to hit our targets and not continue to turnover. A bit annoying tonight considering the work we've done AND that we have come off a 10 day break. To only score 19 points in three quarters just isn't good enough. Where did all our great pressure go? Not to mention our constant fumbling!! We need to go back to basics and learn how to MAN UP. Too many Giants players were loose that gave them easy goals... Prime time coming up Thursday night. We NEED to be ready and not be with the fairies like we were tonight,

Out: Dmac, Powell, King, Witts, Holman
Firstly let me open with... you’re crazy!
You don’t drop Ben King right now. You work on the delivery so he has a chance.
Definitely some changes to be done but king and Witts aren’t one of them (unless injury)

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Flanders, Sharp and Wright in.
King needs a spell, just getting smashed by bigger bodies which means he isnt getting the ball to the ground and we cant create f50 pressure.

I was trying to find him on the ground at times today
Got him mixed up with Wil Powell
So slight for a big guy
Not even remotely impacting contests
Only time he gets busy is when he gets a bit of separation

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back