Game Day Round 9 Vs Melbourne. The Summer of Adam

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam Simpson and his new look coaching staff reconvene after summer break. It’s been a long off season, and this new coaching cohort are discussing an exciting new game plan to dazzle the fans and storm back up in the ladder, this is that conversation.

A2CDE0EB-3B61-4DE7-A913-58153097D42F.jpeg

Cast

AS: Adam Simpson

JS: Jarrad Schofield

MK: Matthew Knights

AS: Alright we can’t put this off any longer

JS: You’re right

MK: Ok

AS: Let’s get to work, redesign the game plan..

MK: Yep

JS: Sure thing, where should we start?

AS: What about the ruck? We start with Nic Nat tapping the ball down to our midfield

JS: Oh that’s good! writes notes

MK: What’s next?

……

……

……

JS: Weren’t you meant to call Trevor and see how his new member emails were coming along?

AS: Yeah I was, I should probably focus on that first

JS: Yeah good idea

MK: Meeting adjourned!

Daunting proposition this game. If ever a mercy rule should be allowed it's this game.

Very strong possibility we have our biggest loss of the year and kick our lowest score. Which is scary given we've had a 109 point loss to Richmond and scored only 30pts against the Lions. Relying on Dees taking it easy to keep themselves fresh to avoid a 150 point loss.

Still somewhat hopeful that we play a young & enthusiastic group who put the effort in, so we can look past the final score. But also expect this could be the week where the pressure starts to mount on Simpson's job security.

Looking forward to when Simmo accidentally dings Nisbett's car in the parking area at MRP and is forced to become his butler.
I heard Simmo locked his keys in the car and Nisbett thinks he’s first to arrive and last to leave each day.

Is it Vozzo who bursts in through the door to find Simmo & Knights asleep when they are meant to be writing and then they are startled and then plead with Vozzo to stay as a distraction.

Cut to meeting with Nisbett later:
TN: Ok whats your big idea
MK: get a load of this...Nothing
TN: Nothing?
MK: Nothing.
AS: Well its not completely nothing
MK: No no its nothing
AS: There has to be something
MK: Nope...nothing.
TN: Then why am I paying memberships and or watching it?
MK: Cause its on TV and live on the ground.

Is it Vozzo who bursts in through the door to find Simmo & Knights asleep when they are meant to be writing and then they are startled and then plead with Vozzo to stay as a distraction.

Cut to meeting with Nisbett later:
TN: Ok whats your big idea
MK: get a load of this...Nothing
TN: Nothing?
MK: Nothing.
AS: Well its not completely nothing
MK: No no its nothing
AS: There has to be something
MK: Nope...nothing.
TN: Then why am I paying memberships and or watching it?
MK: Cause its on TV and live on the ground.
I can see a story arc where Adam has a sworn nemesis.

Hello Sumich

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's round 7 and I've already lost any interest in this season. Our team is so far off the mark, it's embarrassing. Luckily my own sporting commitments mean I can't go to the game on Sunday.
At least you can enjoy something else and fingers crossed you win your sporting game

Because in all serious you are not going to miss much if you miss the game on sunday

I just want to say last against Brisbane in the wet wasn't a record breaking lost but this week could be. Melbourne look scary good with fast run and carry. The opposite to what we have. Slow stop start style with no one to run with any sort of pace except Ryan and Jones. This will be very ugly. Dee's have around 10+ players that are very fast. Nothing we can do when we have Cripps Foley Gaff Darling Barrass and co chasing them all day.

Any chance for some rain again to save us. If not I'm seeing 150+ margin

I just want to say last against Brisbane in the wet wasn't a record breaking lost but this week could be. Melbourne look scary good with fast run and carry. The opposite to what we have. Slow stop start style with no one to run with any sort of pace except Ryan and Jones. This will be very ugly. Dee's have around 10+ players that are very fast. Nothing we can do when we have Cripps Foley Gaff Darling Barrass and co chasing them all day.

Any chance for some rain again to save us. If not I'm seeing 150+ margin

Gawn might be out so that's a positive

Love how we are working hard to avoid any close losses in order to minimise the risk of being called out for tanking.

Cudos where cudos warranted, when we do rebuilds we do them properly - so professional!

We are going to be walloped harder than Jeff Farmer's missus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back