Autopsy Round 9 vs West Coast @ OPTUS - 12/05/23 - 8:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

My only gripe is that we should've put Ben King in the midfield for the last quarter, just to see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

70 point margin is our highest ever outside of QLD! great result, even against a depleted WC (btw props to darling playing half a game with a likely broken arm!).

rowell & ballard continue to uphold their insanely high standards this season, great games from both.

davies had a real breakout game i reckon, was super clean around the contests and didn't really put a foot wrong. hope he continues and keeps his spot in the side as he showed real promise tonight.

witts was a man mountain again tonight, kingy looks back to his best. oea needs to stay in our side, his pace is so entertaining, him and berry brought some great pressure up forward.

happy sammy got a couple goals! i think chol could do with a spell in the reserves even after kicking a couple goals too.

overall, i think that's one of those games you'd be more than happy to rewatch (except the 3rd quarter!). we move.

Thought Davies was pretty good as well tonight. 19 touches 7 clearances and 6 tackles. Looks good at finding space in close
Looked comfortable for I reckon the first time since I've been watching him
Andrew brought his VFL form too
Good game for these lads to get a feel for the game
West Coast weren't really applying too much pressure at the contest

I think they're the same ones who used to stand up at the members forums and tell the coaching staff not to handball or short pass in the backline;)
He's a superstar.
His last game in the VFL was his last game in the VFL
"just kick the bloody thing!!!" "stop kicking it backwards!!!!!"

nLBdvug.jpg
IMG_0597.jpeg

I remember being on the other end of a lot of these but have we ever won by 100?
Not sure if anyone else has answered while I work through these posts but no, we have never won by 100. Around 86 against Hawthorn is our best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back