Shield Round 9 WA v Tasmania, WACA, 2-5 March 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Marsh 😍😍

I actually think he is more suited to Head's role

Hardie has gone past him for Green's role now

If he can capture his form of the last two years then he is a chance again (aka convert white ball to red ball, he did it in a couple of the lions tour games and today)
How has Hardie gone past anyone?

Turner is chomping at his heals, and he’s only being rightfully preferred currently for a few overs of medium pace, compared to a pure bat or a few overs of spin.

It’s his couple of overs saving him from Turner, S.Marsh at 3 Wyllie at 6, or Short. Fanning or Philippe replacing him as a pure bat.

He hasn’t gone past anyone. People are talking Hardie up like he’s Damian Martyn or some established veteran.

Last edited:
How has Hardie gone past anyone?

Turner is chomping at his heals, and he’s only being rightfully preferred currently for a few overs of medium pace, compared to a pure bat or a few overs of spin.

It’s his couple of overs saving him from Turner, S.Marsh at 3 Whitley at 6, or Short. Fanning or Philippe replacing him as a pure bat.

He hasn’t gone past anyone. People are talking Hardie up like he’s Damian Martyn or some established veteran.
Turner? Hardie has been touring with aus A for the past one and a half years? And has scored well in Sri lanka, has tonned a shield final

Turner hasn't even played red ball in that time for WA?

Also yeah his bowling has him ahead of them, hence me saying he is NIL for the Green role?

Turner? Hardie has been touring with aus A for the past one and a half years? And has scored well in Sri lanka, has tonned a shield final

Turner hasn't even played red ball in that time for WA?

Also yeah his bowling has him ahead of them, hence me saying he is NIL for the Green role?
Are you genuinely serious?
Hardie hasn’t been touring with Australia A for a year and a half, he played a game a year ago.

Turner is averaging well over 100 separately in Grade cricket and for the WA 2nd X1, playing red ball cricket,

Look, it’s a good topic for discussion, but you have to come to the table with facts not stories.

And yes, Hardie made a ton in last years Shield Final, I’ve applauded that, multiple times.
How is that relevant to now?

I really like Hardie, and I’m a Willetton boy.
I do wonder if he’s riding on Greens coattails a little? Same age, also big, also an All Rounder.

I know I’ve questioned his place in the side, and he was really impressive in the Shield Final, performed well for Australia A in one game, but is the hype becoming more myth than fact?

Mind you, if someone said he was poor, I’d call that out immediately, I just really rate the options WA cricket currently has available.
Tip of the hat to a fellow Willetton man.

Hardie is fact over myth in T20 but he’s struggling a bit more in the Shield. That said, he still gets the odd score so even a rut isn’t a total loss.

Bison and Stobbo were good today.

I think there's a really argument to be made for picking Turner in the side at the expense of Hardie. His shield form this season has been very vanilla.

Tip of the hat to a fellow Willetton man.

Hardie is fact over myth in T20 but he’s struggling a bit more in the Shield. That said, he still gets the odd score so even a rut isn’t a total loss.
I think he’s heavily focused on T20 this pre season and seen the rewards, perhaps to the detriment of his overall game..

Agree he’s not a loss so to speak, he’s young, he’s talented, but is he what we need now?

His couple of overs realty is saving him. I think Turners current inclusion into the squad is an indication the selectors are considering things.

I’d still take Hardie over Philippe or his Willetton team mate Short as a pure bat. But S.Marsh at 3 and Wyllie down the order does have its appeal.

Big questions though regarding the current batting order, and fitting all in.

Great times for WA cricket indeed.

Are you genuinely serious?
Hardie hasn’t been touring with Australia A for a year and a half, he played a game a year ago.

Turner is averaging well over 100 separately in Grade cricket and for the WA 2nd X1, playing red ball cricket,

Look, it’s a good topic for discussion, but you have to come to the table with facts not stories.

And yes, Hardie made a ton in last years Shield Final, I’ve applauded that, multiple times.
How is that relevant to now?
One year then

Yes that's all well and good for grade cricket but I'm talking for making the aus team, Hardie is close to the team by being in the squad

Turner is pushing his case to make the WA team and that's fine

Case in point was punter saying Hardie was close to going to India, when green went down over the summer, that's because he has been touring as the backup AR

I came with facts btw, hardie's scores

One year then

Yes that's all well and good for grade cricket but I'm talking for making the aus team, Hardie is close to the team by being in the squad

Case in point was punter saying Hardie was close to going to India, when green went down over the summer, that's because he has been touring as the backup AR

What squad is Hardie in again?
The Australian A squad a year ago?
The squad for development?

Having a Hatd On for certain WA players doesn’t really address our best side going into this years final.

One year then

These factual scores this Sheffield Season of 3, 7, 7, 44, 70no, 16. 14, 27, 40, 8, 58no, 19…is hardly figures screaming out for an Australian selection unless you are a genuine WA nuffie.

What squad is Hardie in again?
The Australian A squad a year ago?
The squad for development?

Having a Hatd On for certain WA players doesn’t really address our best side going into this years final.
You can genuinely accuse me of having a hard on for West Aussie players while saying Turner is a chance lol

Hardie is a chance, Turner isn't

You can genuinely accuse me of having a hard on for West Aussie players while saying Turner is a chance lol

Hardie is a chance, Turner isn't
You do realise Turner is currently in the 13 man squad for this very game?
That’s not lol, it’s a fact.

He was posting good scores in red ball cricket pre BBL, and has continued to do the same post BBL.

Being actually included in the squad suggests he is a chance, and is being rewarded and considered, more so than your conclusion of no chance.

Are you suggesting the selectors have said we will put you in the squad, but you are no chance to play, just come along and hang out with the side for a bit of fun?

Last edited:
You do realise Turner is currently in the 13 man squad for this very game?
That’s not lol, it’s a fact.

He was posting good scores in red ball cricket pre BBL, and has continued to do the same post BBL.

Being actually included in the squad suggests he is a chance, and is being rewarded and considered, more so than your conclusion of no chance.

Are you suggesting the selectors have said we will put you in the squad, but you are no chance to play, just come along and hang out with the side for a bit of fun?
I am clearly talking about playing for Australia as we were originally talking about Marsh possibly having his chance again in the future but Hardie going past him...

Turner is nowhere near playing for Australia

You must have thought we were talking for Australia too as you accused me of being one eyed WA supporter which has no relevance on the WA team selection seeing as they are all WA players...

How is Hardie going past anyone though?
His Shield scores this season, as I’ve stated, and you’ve ignored are…3, 7, 7, 44, 70no, 16, 14, 27, 40, 8, 58no, 19.
He has regressed rather than going past anyone.

Turners Grade scores are 1, 42no, 108, 10, 115, 178no.
Second X1 scores…10, 81no, 85, 167, 24no.

This is called smashing the door down.
Turner is closer to having gone past Hardie, rather than your lots of ******* laughs arguments.

And how is Hardie near playing for Australia?
If this was true you’d think he’d at least be in the current squad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Turner is closer to playing for Australia, but in T20 only. Hardie’s going ok… his batting average is 35 though that’s boosted by his two best scores being not outs. That’s not bad when you consider he’s ‘in a rut’. Plus he bowls. You want a bit more from a top six bat though.

How is Hardie going past anyone though?
His Shield scores this season, as I’ve stated, and you’ve ignored are…3, 7, 7, 44, 70no, 16, 14, 27, 40, 8, 58no, 19.
He has regressed rather than going past anyone.

Turners Grade scores are 1, 42no, 108, 10, 115, 178no.
Second X1 scores…10, 81no, 85, 167, 24no.

This is called smashing the door down.
Turner is closer to having gone past Hardie, rather than your lots of ******* laughs arguments.

And how is Hardie near playing for Australia?
If this was true you’d think he’d at least be in the current squad.
well for one, you are conviniently leaving out his past year before that?

Leaving out that he toured with Aus A the last time they did tour, and scored well

Turner is smashing the door down to get in the WA team, not the Aus Team, which is what we were taking about

There is an obvious difference, you don't just go from grade cricket to playing for Australia, in fact I'm confident that Turner never plays Test Cricket for Aus

You have to remember that Hardie is 24 too, so growth is expected even if he is "only" averaging 35 with the bat as an AR this season

Add on last years figures and its quite clear why he is NIL to Green right now

What am I missing?

Won't Turner come straight in for Marsh when goes to India?
Maybe.
Another option would be to bring in S.Marsh and drop Wyllie down the order.

In other news, Richardson making his comeback today, and currently has 3/5.

well for one, you are conviniently leaving out his past year before that?

Leaving out that he toured with Aus A the last time they did tour, and scored well

Turner is smashing the door down to get in the WA team, not the Aus Team, which is what we were taking about

There is an obvious difference, you don't just go from grade cricket to playing for Australia, in fact I'm confident that Turner never plays Test Cricket for Aus

You have to remember that Hardie is 24 too, so growth is expected even if he is "only" averaging 35 with the bat as an AR this season

Add on last years figures and its quite clear why he is NIL to Green right now
I’m talking about the WA side, and last year is last year.
And this Hardie NIL is just a story you’ve made up.

At the ground, it took a bloody good ball to get Wright out which basically started the collapse.

All over, a pretty great day out at the WACA.

Tas seem to struggle putting innings together, they've played well for 75% of the first 3 innings of this match (bowling and batting) and then just collapsed in the last 25%.

Stobo getting POTM over Marsh is a good choice

All over, a pretty great day out at the WACA.

Tas seem to struggle putting innings together, they've played well for 75% of the first 3 innings of this match (bowling and batting) and then just collapsed in the last 25%.

Stobo getting POTM over Marsh is a good choice
Stobo refusing to not be included in our full strength side.
Great cricket.

Got any tips for how he could get better? A season on matting perhaps?
He flashes wide of off too often. Just throws his hands at everything

Yes, but he does also suck.
Geez, I wish I could suck so hard so I could score 4 First Class centuries.
This really is a website for heroes to gob off.
Discussion, facts are all secondary. Just he sucks, she sucks, we all suck, bot Doritos are tasty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back