Game Day Round 9, West Coast vs Adelaide, Optus Stadium, Sunday 16 May 2:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly this.

We win the Hawthorn game and % was not relevant. We squeak by the Dogs and % is again not relevant.

It's a narrative constructed by people unhappy that no AFL side can go hammer and tongs for four quarters. The coaches and players know it's a long season, I am happy we just turned it on for one quarter to win comfortably and hopefully save ammo for a crunch game next week. And of course, no injuries - that is far more likely to derail a premiership tilt than a couple of %.

I don't think anyone is going to dispute that winning is less important than percentage, but what we are complaining about is the lack of a fallback in case it comes down to percentage. There is a very high chance we lose 2 of our last 3, and almost a certainty we lose our last game of the year. We can help ourselves for that by doing two things, winning games and boosting our percentage. For us its even more so given how bad we are away from home in finals. Coming top 4 should give us two cracks at attempting to buck the trend

That was awesome, what a beautiful stadium. Feeling safe in a crowd making tons of noise for the Eagles, that was priceless for me. Such a great payoff for all the crap of the last 18 months.

As for the footy, yeah it was a bit average but as usual the forwards put on a very entertaining show. I’m just thankful I can watch JK and NN tear it up live before their careers end.

Appreciated Redden’s work much more watching at the game.

Prediction
A fairly even first quarter will turn into the Eagles show for the middle half, before partway through the fourth we start acting like we’ve been at Willie’s house on Bob Marley’s death anniversary* , with three junktime goals to Adelaide cutting the winning margin back to a workmanlike 30’ish points.

* today, coincidentally
Close enough, yeah?

The crowd looked quite a bit down yesterday, by our standards.

Does anyone have the figure?

was around 43k I think. It flashed up on the screen towards the end of the game. Definitely seemed down, Camfield was the quietest I’ve ever seen it on game day. Walk straight in, straight to the bar, pretty much no lining up or waiting.

was around 43k I think. It flashed up on the screen towards the end of the game. Definitely seemed down, Camfield was the quietest I’ve ever seen it on game day. Walk straight in, straight to the bar, pretty much no lining up or waiting.
The chopping and changing kills businesses. It is hard work to get people to come as guests and it takes time.

Without context, you'd think we just got belted from some of the complaining on here.
Just wait and see when we have a loss.

In no particular order, it will be:
Simmo needs to go
Simmo is too soft
Kelly has been crap all year
Gaff should be traded
Trade Gov while he still had some currency

And that's just off the top of my head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think if anyone said to us after Geelong pulled our pants down and absolutely embarrassed us, that we’d win our next 3 games by an average of 7 goals, we’d take that in heart beat. Take the win, move on, get some quality players back in the next few weeks.
Freo, Hawks and crows, totally expected to win then regardless of the cats game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back