Round ball code talk

Remove this Banner Ad

The thing is though, a drover's dog should be able to lead Celtic to Scottish trophies - they've really only got one rival, and they've got their measure atm.

Madrid has only one rival in Spain.
Bayern has no rivals in Germany.
Italy is dominated by 3 clubs.

I wouldn’t diminish the Celtic dominance in Scotland based on that.

The EPL is an exception. Still, Liverpool and ManU had their periods of supremacy in England.

I’m pretty excited about the A league Div 2.

Never liked Adelaide United, always had a strange plastic feeling at games that I couldn’t get into.

Looking forward to Adelaide City or Playford getting in. I’ll definitely be getting to games!

Never liked Adelaide United, always had a strange plastic feeling at games that I couldn’t get into.

Looking forward to Adelaide City or Playford getting in. I’ll definitely be getting to games!
Adelaide City are the PAFC to Adelaide United's AFC. They've even got the right colours.

Always liked Adelaide City as a youngster. I would jump back on if they made it into div 2
I notice that Football SA have made a bid, to make up another plastic team.

When will people learn?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We used to set off the fire alarms of the hotels they were staying at back in the day.
All this modern s**t with fireworks!

Me: 😅
Taking Notes GIF by One Chicago

I always thought that the A-League missed a black-and-white club from Adelaide.

Properly done, it could become one of the best rivalries in Australia. The background is already set.

I notice that Football SA have made a bid, to make up another plastic team.

When will people learn?

Never, apparently.

How many teams are expected to be in div 2/B league? Hopefully they look at some places where there's isn't a team and/or only 1 like Adelaide.

A total of 32 clubs from across Australia have submitted a formal expression of interest to compete in an Australian second division.

Every state and territory except for the Northern Territory is represented at this stage but only 10-16 teams will make the final cut.

This post I’ve just seen in Facebook has reminded me of footy, but it’s on soccer:

3 RULES

The division of the field into grids is meant to be used as a reference point to impose positional discipline and movements. Thus, certain rules must be abided by. The first rule is that players are instructed to maintain a maximum of two players at any zone vertically and a maximum of three players at any horizontal line. Ideally, each zone out wide should only have one player occupying them whenever possible. This strict positioning of players ensures that the team creates as much width and length as possible, creating gaps in the opposition defence, and generating as many 1v1 situations across the pitch. As the team pushes up each player occupies a new zone.

Second rule ignores this rigidness when the purpose is to ensure possession (create triangles), generate overloads, or lure defenders out. Thus, a zone may have more than 2 players if it accomplishes these objectives. However, these movements should only be temporary and once the objective is achieved, players must return to their zones.

The third rule is that the ball should not be played inside the same zone but should be circulated from zone to zone whenever possible. Not following this rule will lead to dispossession so if the zone becomes too congested the ball should be played out of it quickly. Diagonal passes are encouraged when going forward as opposed to vertical passes, such as a pass from the half-space to the middle zone and vice-versa. These rules are only used prior to reaching the final third – upon arriving to the final third the players are allowed to express themselves. Team’s attacking strategy in the final third can be whatever it wants, such as crossing or combination play, but all adherents of positional play look to advance the ball up through superiorities along the lines. Crossing from deep without a clear advantage or long-balls that don’t produce anything are discouraged as it gives away control.

"PRINCIPLES OF THE POSITIONAL PLAY" - Complete guide to understanding and coaching positional play. Tactical theory covers 10 principles used by masters of the positional play like Johan Cruyff and Pep Guardiola: playing out from the back, control of possession, positioning, movement, compactness, exploiting half-spaces, combination play, counter-pressing, vertical play and overload to isolate. With 40 tactical practices included (4 practices to coach each of the 10 principles). www.phaseofplay.com/shop

059A9D16-9103-45F7-8E81-B5B558E15900.jpeg

By “Phase of Play”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back