Round ball code talk

Meant to put these up yesterday after West Ham played their final game at their home ground Upton Park / Boleyn Ground
#FarewellBoleyn

I can't think of any other team I have seen move their home ground after 112 years. Its a rare event. Next year they will be playing at the remodeled Olympic Stadium down the road that is now a 60,000 seater, still has an athletics track but retractable seats at ground level that move over the track and closer to the pitch and the grandstand roof has been expanded to have every seat undercover.

The match started with big crowds outside the ground and shaking up the Manchester united bus.

CiG-K7GWwAAF9Cy.jpg

Kick off was delayed because the bus got caught up in a bit of traffic
CiHW80-XIAA3Vv9.jpg

Just watched Chile smash Mexico 7-0 in the 4th quarter final of the centenary tournament the Copa America ( ie 45th edition of the tournament). They were brilliant and showed why they are the defending champions.

diegodcg what did you think of the Peru player handball to knock Brazil out of the knockout phase??. I assume it was massive news in Brazil.

The Copa America is better to watch than Euro because the time zone makes viewing a lot easier plus SBS have all the games from the 1/4 finals onward live and showed many of the group phase games live. So mid next week USA v Argentina in one semi and Colombia v Chile in the other one. I will be watching.

I watched the Argies smash the yanks 4-0 this arvo in Houston. Whilst Messi's goal was great it is a joy to watch him set up his team mates with beautiful deft passes. He just bamboozles the opposition defence.

Watched the first 20 minutes of Chile v Colombia game, Chile dominated, put on 2 goals, I then went and did a few things, came back about 75 minutes later expecting to see the last 20 minutes and they had a replay of the other Semi Final because there were huge storms in Chicago that hit at half time. The second half was delayed by 2 hours and 40 minutes. I've never seen a game delayed that long for bad weather. Whilst they did a good job getting rid of the water, the pitch was somewhat still waterlogged and it was a bit of a boring slug fest and no goals were scored. It was 2-0 at half time and according to the SBS guys Colombia had a decent last 20 minutes of the first half.

Monday morning Oz time its Chile v Argies. Defending champion form 2015 v 2014 WC runner up. They are the best 2 sides in the Americas and it would be a worth WC semi final and even final as both are top 5 nations in FIFA's rankings.

The Brexit vote has a massive implication for the EPL if the UK leave the EU.

The Bosman case in 1994/1995 opened it up that no national league under the European Treaty could impose a minimum national players per team / maximum foreign players per rules. Its why the EPL suddenly after the ruling was flooded with players from around the world and you ocassionally had sides with no English players on the pitch. The English FA might then decide to impose nationality restrictions, which promotes home grown players with an eye to the national team. That then down the track might effect TV rights values, and therefore sponsorship values and you have a downward spiral. Work permits, quotas, free movement of football related goods and services will all be effected.

FIFA also gave EU countries an exemption from the 16 year rule ie they can employ players from 16 years of age.

I assume the EPL clubs would still be allowed to play in the Champions League as they are members of UEFA.

There will be many unintended consequences in a Brexit, just like there were many unintended consequences when Jean Bosman took his desire to be able to transfer between a Belgium and French club to court to allow him to get a transfer. It opened up the game in Europe to massive transfer fees and payments, yet Bosman saw bugger all of it.

If you don't know about the Bosman case you can read here
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosman_ruling

Or see a discussion I had with a few people on Big Footy re drafts and salary caps and includes an email I received from a professor at Liverpool Uni who specializes in the Football industry.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...dback-on-the-draft.293463/page-2#post-6635851

Garibaldi Red

Cancelled
Bring Back the Bars
Jul 22, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Nottingham Forest
Watched the first 20 minutes of Chile v Colombia game, Chile dominated, put on 2 goals, I then went and did a few things, came back about 75 minutes later expecting to see the last 20 minutes and they had a replay of the other Semi Final because there were huge storms in Chicago that hit at half time. The second half was delayed by 2 hours and 40 minutes. I've never seen a game delayed that long for bad weather. Whilst they did a good job getting rid of the water, the pitch was somewhat still waterlogged and it was a bit of a boring slug fest and no goals were scored. It was 2-0 at half time and according to the SBS guys Colombia had a decent last 20 minutes of the first half.

Monday morning Oz time its Chile v Argies. Defending champion form 2015 v 2014 WC runner up. They are the best 2 sides in the Americas and it would be a worth WC semi final and even final as both are top 5 nations in FIFA's rankings.
There was also a pitch invasion which was quite hilarious

I watched the Copa in the background with only concentrating on the first 15 minutes a bit of the 2nd half and a bit of extra time and then watched the shoot out.

The first half was some great play. The second half started with 10 men each and I expected some goals as there was more space. Extra time that I saw, looked like both sides were cruising to the penalty shoot out.

Chile went first and missed. Messi went first and put it over the bar, not as bad as Baggio did in the 1994 WC shoot out, but still a surprise he put it over the bar by half a metre or so.

Argentina and Messi have made 3 championships finals and lost them all.
2014 WC lost 1-0 to Germay,
2015 Copa in Chile and Argentina had a 0-0 draw after extra time Chile went first and nailed their penalty, Messi went first and kicked his but the next two for the Argies missed so it was 4-1 with the Chileans kicking 4 out of 4 and the Argies 1 out of 3.
This year was a special centenary edition as its held every 3 or 4 years. Today it was 4-2 but Chileans had 5 penalties, and Argies only 4 as their 4th one was saved by the Chilean goalie.

Messi and his generation only have the 2018 WC in Russia and probably the 2019 Copa in Brazil to bring home a Championship title for Argentina. Unless he brings something home he will always be second to Maradona

PAFC04

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Anything in Black'n'White
I watched the Copa in the background with only concentrating on the first 15 minutes a bit of the 2nd half and a bit of extra time and then watched the shoot out.

The first half was some great play. The second half started with 10 men each and I expected some goals as there was more space. Extra time that I saw, looked like both sides were cruising to the penalty shoot out.

Chile went first and missed. Messi went first and put it over the bar, not as bad as Baggio did in the 1994 WC shoot out, but still a surprise he put it over the bar by half a metre or so.

Argentina and Messi have made 3 championships finals and lost them all.
2014 WC lost 1-0 to Germay,
2015 Copa in Chile and Argentina had a 0-0 draw after extra time Chile went first and nailed their penalty, Messi went first and kicked his but the next two for the Argies missed so it was 4-1 with the Chileans kicking 4 out of 4 and the Argies 1 out of 3.
This year was a special centenary edition as its held every 3 or 4 years. Today it was 4-2 but Chileans had 5 penalties, and Argies only 4 as their 4th one was saved by the Chilean goalie.

Messi and his generation only have the 2018 WC in Russia and probably the 2019 Copa in Brazil to bring home a Championship title for Argentina. Unless he brings something home he will always be second to Maradona

It was a great game, watched it this morning. All it had to take was a turnover from either to win the game as both sides were waiting on the counter strike. Both teams with sublime skills and fitness. I thought it was far from cruising to the penalty spot, as both side had goal winning saves from both Keepers, but the Chiliean's save was one of the best saves next to Gordon Banks. That save was made from behind after the dip just before the cross bar. This game should have been over in the first half from a brain fade in the Chilean defense in the first half. Reminded me of Gray walking into a open goals.....

Over a discussion in my mates mancave, we discussed this and my brother says to me the Augerdo is the son in law of Maradona, and that Maradona had said to Messi, if you dont come back with the Cup, don't come back. I find it hard to swallow, but you never know is a passion country and passionate country man who is sits next on the right side on GOD next to JC.

Now back to the Euro to watch the Italy and Spain.... Forza Italia.... once my wife has finished with that show called Game Of Crones...

If you thought the Icelandic commentator was good after the 2nd goal to get the late winner against Austria and progress to the knock out stage listen to this commentary of the two goals against the poms. Its marvellous. The first paragraph from the you tube page written by the youtube channel owner sums it up nicely. The vikings are coming!

Listen: The famous Icelandic commentator was at it again after England win and it's just glorious The famous Icelandic commentator who went viral following Iceland's win over Austria is at it again following tonight's historic win over England. Listen to THAT Icelandic commentator lose his sh*t once more as Iceland score winner against England

May 2, 2011
MacDonald Park
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, CDFC, MUFC, Redbacks
If you thought the Icelandic commentator was good after the 2nd goal to get the late winner against Austria and progress to the knock out stage listen to this commentary of the two goals against the poms. Its marvellous. The first paragraph from the you tube page written by the youtube channel owner sums it up nicely. The vikings are coming!

Listen: The famous Icelandic commentator was at it again after England win and it's just glorious The famous Icelandic commentator who went viral following Iceland's win over Austria is at it again following tonight's historic win over England. Listen to THAT Icelandic commentator lose his sh*t once more as Iceland score winner against England

Must be cRowies' Icelandic twin brother :)

Back