Round ball code talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha try being a Torino supporter with Juve as your crosstown rival and then talk to me about derbies!! One win and two draws against the gobbi since 1998 :mad::mad::mad:

I think Dante's line about abandoning all hope was in reference to us

"Everybody hates Juventus"

Torino is the saddest club in soccer. Torino's History can be found in the Book of Job!

Be wary amigo a lot of us Italian* Port Adelaide supporters have family in Argentina for better or worse

*the napuletan in me will always love Maradona - except for the 90 world cup semi;)

We are all Gauchos here: horse-loving, mate-drinkers, meat-eaters, freedom fighters. I love them, but DERBIES, MAN! What can I do?!

Be wary amigo a lot of us Italian* Port Adelaide supporters have family in Argentina for better or worse

*the napuletan in me will always love Maradona - except for the 90 world cup semi;)

I still have Caniggia flashbacks...

What...no dulce de leche??

Dulce de Leche is sacred. It is transcendental — a divine experience! You are right. I should have included a "dulce de leche-worshippers" in that list.

1990 World Cup is absurdly underrated.

Not in the UK, you'd swear England won it the way they still talk about Platts goal against Belgium and Gazza crying.

Was the best World Cup though. It was the end of the era before it became ALL about money, I guess it's success was also a reason so much money came in.

1990 World Cup is absurdly underrated.
My favourite...so many champion teams and players that year.
Schillaci goes from a bench player to a champion, Cameroon had skill and a 38 year old Roger Milla tearing it up. Maradonna etc etc...just a great tournament.

F**k that semi still burns for me, that Azzurri squad was one of the best ever and should have gone on to win the cup!

Problem was in "best ever". When Italy is awful, that is when people say: "Oh, my! Look out! Italy is in champion form!"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can see Argentina from my window. We are civilization's first line of defense. GRR Martin has got it wrong. There is no wall, but a bridge protecting us from the Walkers:
thcajhx9p0.jpg

Dante Alligieri has a famous quote about those twin towers. He called them "The Gates of Hell", and said that there was a sign saying "Leave all hope behind, thou who crosses it."
I guess that view must be similar to the one Sarah Palin has of Russia from her window in Alaska.

To this day whenever i see a penalty shoot out i get flashbacks to 1990 & 94 and curl up into a foetal position

Ps i think we've diverted this thread nicely:D

Oh man...I'm with you..
Baggio 10 foot over cross bar.

Inb4 move to soccer board.

My favourite...so many champion teams and players that year.
Schillaci goes from a bench player to a champion, Cameroon had skill and a 38 year old Roger Milla tearing it up. Maradonna etc etc...just a great tournament.

Brazil should have beaten Argentina by 18 goals. Unfortunately for us, soccer has no behinds nor overs. Soul-crushing son-of-a-gun of a game, I should say. I was NINE YEARS OLD for crying out loud. But no, soccer is a WHORE! It whispers you, it makes you fall in love with her, it drives you mad, it makes you poor, it rips your heart in pieces, it does not respect your childhood, nothing! On that day, I have learned (I am lying, there is a 1988 derby which taught me this before, but I digress)... As I was saying, on that day, I learned that JUSTICE is not a given!

The worst of all? My pain made me love soccer even more... I deserve all my sufferings! Thankfully, what soccer taketh away, soccer also giveth back (unless you support Torino, as mentioned above, already). That WHORE! When we are fine, oh!, it is unforgettable. Still, soccer also taught me the grace of FORGIVENESS. Oh, I don't deserve all the good moments, but they are sweet. The HOPE of having them is the force that keeps me going...

Later, my addiction got worse. I am addicted to FOOTBALL, not soccer. Such "misstressness" runs on the family. Soccer is simply the football I have grown the closest. Football is the bastard of all team sports — regardless of the code.

To this day whenever i see a penalty shoot out i get flashbacks to 1990 & 94 and curl up into a foetal position

Ps i think we've diverted this thread nicely:D

Nah! We simply have put more emphasis on the "General" and the "F" parts of the title. We are within the established parameters. No rule was broken.

#LawyeringIn

My dad's mother side is Calabrian. "Suomo tutti buona gente qui!" (I have no idea if this is right).

My two last names (Iberians usually have two last names!), however, are Basque. Being Brazil, one can find anything in my family tree; so, I am as Basque as Monopoly money is money. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back