Round ball code talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Riddle me this, caped cretins. In group H both Japan and Senegal have 4 points and 4 goals for, 3 against. Colombia have 3 points and Poland are out of the cup with 0. Should both Poland and Colombia win 1-0 tonight Colombia will have 6 points and both Japan and Senegal will have 4 points and equal goals for and against. Who will gp through as second in the group?

Whoever has the least number of cards. If equal it will be via a draw of lots.

Status quo at half time, both games 0-0. Watching the Columbia v Senegal game only because both sides are in with a chance of progressing.

I would normally get/stay up and watch the England game but given it’s a dead rubber there is little interest there. Might just set to record and watch later.

I would normally get/stay up and watch the England game but given it’s a dead rubber there is little interest there. Might just set to record and watch later.
It means the difference between first and second and who you play in the round of 16 but I'm not sure either team would be too concerned whether it's Japan, Senegal or Colombia.

Riddle me this, caped cretins. In group H both Japan and Senegal have 4 points and 4 goals for, 3 against. Colombia have 3 points and Poland are out of the cup with 0. Should both Poland and Colombia win 1-0 tonight Colombia will have 6 points and both Japan and Senegal will have 4 points and equal goals for and against. Who will gp through as second in the group?

At the minute you are looking like Nostradamus

Last edited:
During the England v Belgium game there was a discussion about the possible eligibility of the Belgium goalscorer, Adnun Januzaj, to play for England. Although he was born in Brussels and his family were Kosovar-Albanian. He had initially played for Anderlecht but joined Manchester United aged 16. It seems the question of him being eligible for England was more a press story than anything else as national team eligibility does not come with residency but actual ties with the county, in this case 5 years education before the age of 18.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adnan_Januzaj

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cracking goal by Di Maria to get Argentina back on level terms. Certainly made Humpty Dumpty happy before he headed off for his half time snort.

Fcuk, while I was typing that, the Argies hit the front

Both of last night's winners down on possession, France with 39% and Uruguay with 33%. Shots and shots on target pretty even in France v Argentina but Portugal had 20 hots(5 on target) to Uruguay's 5(3 on target). Good to see Argentina lose but I was disappointed I didn't see any footage of Maradona crying, only of him giving the finger after an Argentinian goal. On "Hamish and Andy's Gap Year" they once showed that they have a club which has a shrine to Maradona and "the hand of God".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back