Round Four: Sydney Swans vs. West Coast Eagles (The under-a-goal game)

Remove this Banner Ad

LMAO, Eagles are 0.10 for the quarter. Some straight shooting that is!

At least we are winning the ball and getting it into the forward line compared to the first half, I guess that is a positive.

And finally a goal.

McKinley has 4.

Full time

Stat getters:

Barry 25, Mattner 25, Kirk 23, Richards 23, Kennelly 21
Rosa 23

Goal kickers:

O'Loughlin 4, Barlow 2, McVeigh 2, J. Bolton 1, Goodes 1, Hall 1, Jack 1, Jolly 1, Kirk 1, Mattner 1, O'Keefe 1
McKinley 4, Armstrong 1

Yep, a 62pt loss is definitely what you deserved:D

It is, we had a very young side, limping and just not enough skill. And to go with all this, our coach refused to make changes.

We even outscored you in the second half, which could be taken as a positive, but in that time we kicked 3 goals 12, that isn't on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is, we had a very young side, limping and just not enough skill. And to go with all this, our coach refused to make changes.

We even outscored you in the second half, which could be taken as a positive, but in that time we kicked 3 goals 12, that isn't on.

I think you mean you had more scoring shots in the 2nd half. After half-time Sydney scored 53 to the West Coast's 30.

Posted this on our board but will again here:

You guys'll be back. Embley, Priddis, Cox, Fletcher, Glass and Hansen are all either injured or out of form so there's still the quality there for you lot.

Just shattering from our side of the fence, feel so sorry for Staker first and foremost, but even more sorry for our club, Barry has single handedly ruined the season. Easily the most disappointed I've ever been after a ten goal win....

And gee, you've got something special there in that McKinley kid. One to watch for the future for sure.

The thing I liked about McKinley last week was he actually chased (which a lot of guys don't do) - even when there was never a chance that he could have caught the Freo player.

Fletcher won't be back to what he used to be three years ago. He has lost speed (never was quick to begin with) - but his greatest problem was he has lost his ability to kick accurately. He used to be deadly on his left and ok on his right. As the Unit would say - "not any more".

We won't be back to where we were. You simply can't take out Judd and Cousins (both been talked about ad finitum) of the team and be anywhere near what we were. But we have also lost R.Jones (yes his kicking was always ordinary), but he was always providing a link and Chick - who always had the opposition backmen worried that he might tackle them.

Then there are Braun and Embley. They were in the top echelon of hard runners who did most of their best work off camera (watching on tv wouldn't give a true impression) and were probably my favourite players at WCE. They can't run like that any more. Glass seems to have a degenerative knee injury of sorts (ala Ashley McIntosh). He seems to have had the problem for two years and may never be 100%.

I could keep going with various players - but we are definitely in a rebuilding phase and it is probably fortunate in a way that we have copped the injuries now. It has forced us to focus on giving our younger guys some experience and may mean the next premiership window could come along sooner than it would otherwise have. The trades received for Judd will help - otherwise we wouldn't have got the recent high picks.

Posted this on our board but will again here:

You guys'll be back. Embley, Priddis, Cox, Fletcher, Glass and Hansen are all either injured or out of form so there's still the quality there for you lot.

Just shattering from our side of the fence, feel so sorry for Staker first and foremost, but even more sorry for our club, Barry has single handedly ruined the season. Easily the most disappointed I've ever been after a ten goal win....

And gee, you've got something special there in that McKinley kid. One to watch for the future for sure.

Nice mature post. Well done. :thumbsu:

i went to this game. was actually kinda disapointed at how boring it was, i was behind tha goals basically with the eagle supporters so the atmosphere wasnt that good around me haha, except for these eagle supporters behind me...this one girl going off her head all night lol was actually good to see because usually u dont get girls who are so passionate about their footy down here (found out she was from perth so that says it all but).

watched the reserves game before it aswell, nick davis looked like he could come back as he kicked 8 but i dont think he will ever come back....just doesnt have the attitude and never lays a tackle.

BUMP

Take a look at this thread.

Similar incident, similar scoreline at one point (80-29 compared to 80-30 at time of Gaff incident), more reasoned discussion from both groups of fans. That is the sort of maturity a lot of game day threads nowadays lack.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back