Prediction Round nine, team changes for the saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is Sier really any chance to come straight in after an injury when he couldn't get in when he was playing VFL?
I’m pre-empting a big game tomorrow. Otherwise I guess Aish is due back, or the Varcoe revolving door could continue.

EDIT: Oops and yes, Beams an obvious oversight on my part there.

Beams has already missed two of the first 8 rounds this season. It’s not a good start to his return.
I don't care about the start as long as it's a better finish this year.

He probably will be replaced by Cox, but he tried his guts out. Deserves more respect than that.

There were some pretty fundamental problems with his game though. Kicked the ball terribly and was hopelessly beaten physically by...Levi Casboult. He needs to extend his arms and mark on the hands as a forward. Because of the way he approaches marking contests, he is in no way predictable to rove to.
I didnt think Mihocek was much better mind you.

In: Appleby, Beams, Cox, Varcoe
Out: Reid, Mayne, Wills, Greenwood

Defenders: Appleby, Maynard, Roughead, Moore, Howe, Langdon, Crisp
Mids: Grundy, Beams, Pendles, Phillips, Sidebottom, Treloar, WHE, Thomas
Forwards: Cox, Mihocek, Elliot, Stephenson, Brown, DeGoey, Varcoe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Wills, Reid
In: Beams, Cox

It would be great to see Sier dominate the VFL and come back, but it won’t happen.

Wills had 0 clearances yesterday - it’s his only real strength, so we just can’t carry him with players returning.

Reid was outmuscled all day - he is good depth, but I do think yesterday showed Cox is ahead.

13. See attachment.
If you count the possessions for each quarter on the heatmap (AFL app) it only adds up to 31 but Treloar was meant to have 34. Same with Phillips adds up to 32. Weird?!

Lots to think about this week.

Ithink Reid can work alongside Cox and Mihocek and I’d love to see it attempted. I know I’m outnumbered on this though.

Brown has his weaknesses but he’s improving. Not sure he’s best 22 but while we have injuries he stays. He seems to improve as the game wears on and is always in the action deep in the last quarter

Mayne hopefully is ok after concussion

Wills unfortunately is straight out

Sier needs a VfL run

In Cox Wells Beams
Out Reid Mayne Wills

Is most likely but I’d like to see Reid retained somehow

Is this your own thought? Do you have anything to back up your assertion? Or is this just another post for the sake of the statistic?
Huh?

I think what I was saying was obvious and didn’t need explanation. Reid is moving like an arthritic 60 year old.

Gave his all but struggles.

Treloar often seems to get stronger as the game wears on. If he’s having a quiet one you can generally expect him to lift.

It’s not startling, as he is usually our biggest possession winner, but his second halves are rarely weak.

According to heat map stats, he’s had 121 first half possessions and 136 second half possessions. Again, not startlingly different but noticeable. 15 first half, 17 second half. In only 1 match this season has his biggest possession quarter been in the first half.

In: Beams Cox
Out: Reid Wills

Not sure how Aish is going with that concussion.

Bucks mentioned in his presser that Aish should be good to go.

Bit of a worry but, knee to the back of the bead in a marking contest keeps a lad out for 3 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back