Not open for further replies.

gappa

Team Captain
Apr 9, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
1557995373921.jpeg

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
So if JDG is a late out, do we think Wells or Wills comes in? Can't see Quaynor or Aish coming in.
I think that’s why Wells was specifically named as emergency.

Can play forward of the ball plus ofcourse some on ball duty.

The Carlton game was close because we turned up but weren't switched on, and were flat footed for majority of the match. When we decided to lift our effort we kicked the next 5 goals. I would like to think we wont play with the same flatness as last week, plus the Saints dont have a Patty Cripps. In my opinion l think we can win this by a comfortable margin.

The bolded bits are the important ones. We get anywhere close to our best, we win easily. But we will have to produce a better overall effort than last week.

Also, although St Kilda are a better overall side than Carlton, Carlton's best players are way better than St Kilda's. Carlton will always be a chance to turn it on because of Cripps, Curnow, Murphy and even McKay now. St Kilda are an honest side but who are their A graders?

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
IQ first emergency, could be a debut on the cards!
I’d suggest a no.
Only a last minute injury to our very settled back line would see Quaynor jump in.
That’s my read anyway.

I’d suggest a no.
Only a last minute injury to our very settled back line would see Quaynor jump in.
That’s my read anyway.
Greenwood could move to the midfield or half forward

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Greenwood could move to the midfield or half forward
He could.
But I don’t see it myself; can’t see messing with what is working so well without real need to do so.

But that’s just my take. He’s going to get his chance at some point. And he’ll fit in.

vicparksfinest

Senior List
Mar 31, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Look I completely get the changes but ya gotta feel for Wills, good bloke, good vfl level, hasn’t had a good run of it. And is a fair way back in line now.

Look I completely get the changes but ya gotta feel for Wills, good bloke, good vfl level, hasn’t had a good run of it. And is a fair way back in line now.
He wasn’t up to it last week. With Beams ready to go he was always getting the chop.

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood
He wasn’t up to it last week. With Beams ready to go he was always getting the chop.
J playing on Cripps is no easy task mate - held him to 5 in the first quarter and then seems to have picked up a minor injury somewhere. No argument his man took the points but that is some matchup for your first game back - don't think the selectors did him any favours.

J playing on Cripps is no easy task mate - held him to 5 in the first quarter and then seems to have picked up a minor injury somewhere. No argument his man took the points but that is some matchup for your first game back - don't think the selectors did him any favours.
He’s unlucky but it’s the right call for mine.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah when you have beams ready, anyone would be on the chopping block. Unfortunate though.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
That’s correct.

And when (not if) Brayden Sier clicks into gear he’ll be in too with someone like Varcoe missing out.

Depth is to be celebrated in my view.

Seems like a pretty convenient excuse to say he picked up an injury. He wasn’t injured enough to not come back on the ground, and he wasn’t injured enough to not be selected for the VFL this week. Why is it so hard to accept that he had an average game and was first in line to be dropped?

Will be good to see WHE get the opportunity as a major target in the forward line again; expect this could be tight if JDG goes out. Mihocek will be our big banana in the forward line which he won't be used to. With that said we'll have an awkwardly quick & nimble forward line, so maybe that'll catch them off guard even more than usual.

Sorry I disagree. There are absolutely no ‘easy wins’. As seen last week Carlton nearly beat us and saints are better than the blues. We can’t afford to simply ‘rest’ him right now unless totally required. With Cox and Elliot out, our forward structure is hurt too much without JDG

Agree about no easy wins, but why risk 4-5 weeks for just 1? Let him recover and it would be an opportunity for many others to step up. We will need to test our depth sometime or the other during the season, why not now? As said above, we have enough goal kickers who can step up.

If he doesn't play - who will come in? Wells is an emergency, so maybe Wells.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back