General Bombers Talk Round one 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

They do have Roughead coming in. If we can dominate the stoppages so much that they have to move Roughead into the middle, that's the first sign of them struggling.

Any time the opposition scored consecutive goals against the hawks, they'd move Lewis Mitchell and Hodge/Burgoyne into the middle and wrestle control back. This season their Plan A is average and I'd hate to see what Plan B looks like.

Roughead is by so far their best and most important player this season I'd play Hurley on him if he's in the forward line and somebody like Goddard or Kelly if he went into the middle.

Merrett goes to Mitchell (their best on-baller) and beats him, that will put the hawks on the back foot and shock them a bit. If they try Hodge or Burgoyne in the middle, I'd put Watson in there, those two rarely man up when they go in the middle. Not sure if we even have to bother with O'Meara, will depend how his pre-season form is, but I'd take him and Shiel on with somebody hard running like Colyer and Zaharakis. I'd try to get Heppell on the outside being fed by Watson and Merrett.

I realise they all rotate and these aren't direct matchups, but since our midfield is deeper than theirs and we will definitely need to win out of there. Once you get the ball in quick to the hawks backline, their cracks start to show.

Particularly due to the fact Hurley will be taking Gunston
Would like to see Ambrose on Gunston or perhaps Bruest.

Rioli and Puopolo will reap havoc if we don't contain them, as will Bruest. Need to play a very mobile backline.

Hooker will need to play forward if Hartley plays. Will be too slow if both play back.

If McGrath is as good as people say, he could also be used on Bruest who runs and runs.

Baguley on head ducking Puopolo.

Perhaps Kelly on Rioli.

Would like to see Ambrose on Gunston or perhaps Bruest.

Rioli and Puopolo will reap havoc if we don't contain them, as will Bruest. Need to play a very mobile backline.

Hooker will need to play forward if Hartley plays. Will be too slow if both play back.

If McGrath is as good as people say, he could also be used on Bruest who runs and runs.

Baguley on head ducking Puopolo.

Perhaps Kelly on Rioli.
Your still bitter about us getting him aren't you #ClugIn2Years :p

Your still bitter about us getting him aren't you #ClugIn2Years :p
Not at all.... I am surprised that so many on here believe he can go from schoolboy football and play AFL from Round 1.

But I am not an expert and trust their opinion, and others have done it.

He is obviously a superb athlete so perhaps with that level of fitness, he probably can.

And he played some impressive tagging roles.

So let him go for it.

Not at all.... I am surprised that so many on here believe he can go from schoolboy football and play AFL from Round 1.

But I am not an expert and trust their opinion, and others have done it.

He is obviously a superb athlete so perhaps with that level of fitness, he probably can.

And he played some impressive tagging roles.

So let him go for it.
Most draft experts say he can play Round 1 with many thinking if he lasted to GWS he would have played round 1 for them aswell. Most first round picks these days are expected to play senior football early and if he doesn't play round 1 he will debut soon after and not look back much like Zerrett did for us in his first year. I think we have depth in the half backline now and if we don't want to rush him into the side I'm fine with that

Ambrose will play round 1 and will line up on Gunston.

Hartley will take Roughhead.

Hurley to give Vickery a bath.
Alternatively Hurley takes Gunston, Brown takes Vickery and Hartley on Roughead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gunston is too much of a runner for Hurley. Will run him ragged.
Hurley has destroyed Gunston before. His best work is on the mobile types.

My assumption is that Hartley would play on the taller types so I can see him matching up to Vickery.

Hurley has been running a lot in the off season, I think he would be fine for Gunston.

Roughy in is massive. Will think he has a lot to prove just like the Hurley and the other guys who were suspended. Should be a good match up to watch

Anyone else concerned that round 1 might get really ugly off the ground?

With the saga, returning players, jobes brownlow, and now hirdy's situation - there is bound to be some pretty vile commentary/behaviour in the stands.

I know this site has more peanuts on it than most, but it stands to reason that some of these peanuts will be at the game, and will be stupid/drunk/brave(?) enough to arc up and bait efc supporters about the hird (alleged) suicide attempt etc.

I'm now feeling a real mix of excitement and apprehension about the game to be honest.

With the saga, returning players, jobes brownlow, and now hirdy's situation - there is bound to be some pretty vile commentary/behaviour in the stands.

I know this site has more peanuts on it than most, but it stands to reason that some of these peanuts will be at the game, and will be stupid/drunk/brave(?) enough to arc up and bait efc supporters about the hird (alleged) suicide attempt etc.

I'm now feeling a real mix of excitement and apprehension about the game to be honest.

Probably, but * wits in other coloured jumpers have never worried me. I'll be there to welcome the boys back. * the Hawks and what ever s**t they want to bring up

You can bet that most of the peanuts you refer to here are as timid as mice in real life. That's keyboard warrior for you.

I wouldn't worry too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back