Fixture Round One 2019 - Sunday game against GWS in Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

So the leak got one game right, Richmond vs Carlton.
I didn't go too badly. Had Collingwood vs Geelong, GWS vs us and Adelaide vs Hawthorne correct (although wrong timeslots) as well as the obvious one.

Worth noting that both West Coast & Collingwood lost in Round 1 this year... and both made the Grand Final.

Always great to start the year with a win but with a pretty tricky start for us it won't be 'Panic Stations' right away. That will probably arrive when we drop a game (or multiple) to the likes of St Kilda, Carlton or Brisbane in the first month of the season.

Worth noting that both West Coast & Collingwood lost in Round 1 this year... and both made the Grand Final.

Always great to start the year with a win but with a pretty tricky start for us it won't be 'Panic Stations' right away. That will probably arrive when we drop a game (or multiple) to the likes of St Kilda, Carlton or Brisbane in the first month of the season.
Are we going to have six months of this?

Be nice is we got to play against a s**t kicker side like Gold Coast or Saints at Marvel for once

It’s always a top team interstate
or top team home.
No. There is no better time to play a top team than R1.
If they played in the GF, they've had a 5 week shorter pre-season than us. PF, then it's 4 weeks etc. GWS will have 3 weeks less time to prepare than us for R1. Better to play them R1 than later in the year when they are hitting full steam. There's always upsets in R1 for this reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So it was mentioned that Melbourne haven't played interstate to open the season since 1998.

Just another ridiculous anomaly.
Have done it just 3 times in their history. 1 of which was to play the Swans in 1982.

It's confirmed by the Age that we play North Melbourne round 5.

Also, we'll play Collingwood twice and Richmond once next year
Round 5 is ANZAC Round I thouht?

It'll be round 6 next year
Ah, okay. Probably means an interstate trip round 4. Richmond once is very frustrating, I want to test us against the best. Hoping for something like:

Carlton, Collingwood, West Coast, Sydney, Norf twice
West Coast, Sydney, GWS, Brisbane, Adelaide away

Ah, okay. Probably means an interstate trip round 4. Richmond once is very frustrating, I want to test us against the best. Hoping for something like:

Carlton, Collingwood, West Coast, Sydney, Norf twice
West Coast, Sydney, GWS, Brisbane, Adelaide away
They never seem to fixture all big 4 team twice anymore. It means we'll probably play Carlton twice.

I'd like: Collingwood, Melbourne, Geelong, Adelaide and Carlton twice
I think it'll be: Collingwood, GWS, Sydney, North and Carlton
I think we'll play West Coast, Adelaide, GWS, Sydney and Port away.
Surely it's time that we play 5 interstate games.

They never seem to fixture all big 4 team twice anymore. It means we'll probably play Carlton twice.

I'd like: Collingwood, Melbourne, Geelong, Adelaide and Carlton twice
I think it'll be: Collingwood, GWS, Sydney, North and Carlton
I think we'll play West Coast, Adelaide, GWS, Sydney and Port away.
Surely it's time that we play 5 interstate games.
Carlton twice was always going to happen since they can't give both Richmond and Collingwood them twice. Honestly don't give a damn other than Collingwood and Carlton. Hopefully Hawthorne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back