Round One 2020 Lineup

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t expect to see too many surprises. It was a very predictable round one lineup last year and I expect to see something similar

B: Howe - Roughead - Noble
HB: Crisp - Moore - Maynard
C: Phillips - Pendlebury - Sidebottom
HF: Elliott - Mihocek - Thomas
F: Stephenson - Cox - Hoskin-Elliott
R: Grundy - De Goey - Adams
I: Treloar - Brown - Quaynor - Mayne

Maybe one too many defenders depending on where Mayne were to play. In that case, either Sier/Wills/Brown (depending on JLT form) in for Quaynor or Noble.

apologies if there is another one of these threads:

I guess mine is pretty vanilla-

Crisp, Roughead, Maynard
Howe, Moore, Hoskin-Elliot
Sidebottom, Pendles, Phillips
DeGoey, Mihocek, Stephenson
Elliott, Cox, Brown
Grundy, Adams, Treloar

Sier, Mayne, Quaynor, Thomas
I like the taste of vanilla.

Crisp, Roughead, Maynard
Elliott, Cox, Brown
Grundy, Adams, Treloar

Pretty good side. Main worry is our appalling record in Round 1 in recent years.

Crisp, Roughead, Maynard
Elliott, Cox, Brown
Grundy, Adams, Treloar

This is a pretty safe side and it may will be like this with a tweek or two, player here or there but I would love to see someone force their way in round 1. Daicos, Murphy, Tyler Brown, there are others, would love to see someone demand it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crisp, Roughead, Maynard
Elliott, Cox, Brown
Grundy, Adams, Treloar

WHE at half back is interesting. Has he been training there? Good side, I might have Noble just ahead of Quaynor based on last season.

Normally playing the Dogs we would consider not being too top heavy, but with the recruiting of Bruce and Keath, and Naughton coming through, they will have more of a traditional spine come round 1 you would think.
Other factor is it is a Marvel game. Will be a very quick game and round 1 will just accentuate that.
Wills might be a chance to play to try and be physical on their mids like the giants did in the first final last year against dogs

Normally playing the Dogs we would consider not being too top heavy, but with the recruiting of Bruce and Keath, and Naughton coming through, they will have more of a traditional spine come round 1 you would think.
Other factor is it is a Marvel game. Will be a very quick game and round 1 will just accentuate that.
Wills might be a chance to play to try and be physical on their mids like the giants did in the first final last year against dogs

Agreed on the Wills front. I would play both him and Sier round 1.

World class analysis. The simple fact that Collingwood are 2-6 under Buckley in round one matches is very telling, and is indeed a very relevant statistic when predicting who wins.
How will that record influence round 1? Please provide analysis.

Bucks tends to have a senior and incumbent line up in rds 1-3 so I think Hoskin Elliot, Thomas and Mayne play.

there are probably only 2-3 spots up for grabs...

A half back mid sized defender role and an off the bench 7th defender role.

And whether it’s Cox or Reid up front

All 3 of those players have been injured this preseason, non of them might play round 1 and anyway, the dogs have a few headaches of their own in DeGoey, Elliot and Stepho

WHE at half back is interesting. Has he been training there? Good side, I might have Noble just ahead of Quaynor based on last season.

I believe he has. I think it's a good idea to have WHE at half back, he is extremely gifted overhead and fast. We know he is a little hesitant around the hard ball, but perhaps defending goals will give him an extra bit of impetus. Such a great talent and with his speed, Maynard, Howe, Quaynor, Moore and Crisp, it's a lightning quick back half with good ball carry- one of our weaknesses last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back