Game Day Round V, 2019: The Lycett Strikes Back (West Coast vs. Port)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Balls In

Club Legend
AFL Club
West Coast
My niece was out last night and apparently a bunch of eagles were out as well. One of them has a long term injury but ... there were a couple of others (she no footy follower...) I mentioned one definate who played tonight in this thread and I predicted he would be a late out. But I deleted the post because the niece said he was driving and I thought I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

Chris_6678

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
My niece was out last night and apparently a bunch of eagles were out as well. One of them has a long term injury but ... there were a couple of others (she no footy follower...) I mentioned one definate who played tonight in this thread and I predicted he would be a late out. But I deleted the post because the niece said he was driving and I thought I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.
Lol just name names

AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, Liverpool FC
A surprise but not total a total surprise. We were really, really poor last week and were lucky to win. We've hit a bad patch and need to snap out of it quick. I don't think the conditions had an influence on the result, wet or dry we've been poor in the contest.

Contested possession in 2019;

Rd.1 Bris -29
Rd.2 GWS +1
Rd.3 Coll -9
Rd.4 Freo -21
Rd.5 Port -21

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
West Coast
A surprise but not total a total surprise. We were really, really poor last week and were lucky to win. We've hit a bad patch and need to snap out of it quick. I don't think the conditions had an influence on the result, wet or dry we've been poor in the contest.

Rd.1 Bris -29
Rd.2 GWS +1
Rd.3 Coll -9
Rd.4 Freo -21
Rd.5 Port -21
Completely agree. Adam simpson got asked about the contested possession difference after the freo game and said he didn't care about contested possesions. Well he should start to

HurleyHepsHird

Maximum Praxis
AFL Club
Essendon
Not good at all.

5 games worth of data
When you are losing the contested possessions so badly, likewise the tackle count and seem to also be struggling with midfield and forward pressure, it's time to change the composition of the side.

It's too tall. Dual rucks aren't working and there are too many similar, flaky mids. Drop Vardy for Waterman and Masten for anyone.

bUCKET__

Club Legend
AFL Club
West Coast
Thread starter #993
Completely agree. Adam simpson got asked about the contested possession difference after the freo game and said he didn't care about contested possesions. Well he should start to
Meh he's right tho. We won tons of important contests against Pies and Giants. Didn't tonight. Lost heaps of one on ones. Smashed in clearances (not something that's happened as consistently). That's the worrying stats.

Yamumluvsbigcox

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast

Rd.1 Bris -29
Rd.2 GWS +1
Rd.3 Coll -9
Rd.4 Freo -21
Rd.5 Port -21
Meh hawks won a 3peat losing the contested possessions most weeks . What we cant do is get smashed in the I50s

AFL Club
West Coast
71 inside 50's to 38 is a massive flogging. We were beaten in the air and on the ground. I agreed with Simmo that as a collective it's been one line winning the game not all 3. Last week our midfield got beaten but the defence and forward lines stood up. This week everyone bar Petrucelle, Shepard and Hurn were either average or down. At ground level we were weak at the contest like the last 3 quarters. 1 goal between JK and Darling is almost unbelievable. Arguably we have only played 2 good games this year. That's a big concern.

Top Bottom