Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
This club has surrendered any football judgement to junk data. It’s everything that’s wrong with modern football. It’s why most teams are full of unco fu**s that can jump high and run fast. Any rare unit that has an ounce of flair will be swiftly admonished by a nincompoop, control-freak coach for ‘breaking team rules’. Everybody knows the game is stuffed, a first step to rectifying it would be to ban the coaches and all of their number crunching hangers on.
Agreed, it's all about brand, messaging, contest, effort, tackling, basics etc. But when it comes to making a lead, kicking a goal, opening up the play etc that's considered not important

Demon bhoy

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne

Goodwin and this club can go and get f’ed. It's a sick joke.
It’s hard to fathom that these would be the reasons why Bennell isn’t being picked until you remember who the halfwit giving the reasons is.

I for one was more than a bit sceptical about bringing Bennell to the club based on his off field past and inability to get on the field for 3 years but to his great credit he’s proved me wrong for what it’s worth and looks like he could be a real success story when this ******* club really needs one, but can’t get a game because he doesn’t defend enough, * me.

I was of the opinion The club couldn’t afford to * Goodwin off, I now think we may not be able to afford to keep him, this campaigners out of his depth and needs to go.

Also the comparison to Vanders and Hannan is weird. Hannan was ok in his return, but didn't get as much of the footy as Bennell in more TOG. Vanders was unsighted mostly and while he is known for being a good tackler/pressure player, didn't get near a contest after the midpoint of Q1. If defensive acts is a criteria for a game, Bennell is due for a month's worth ahead of AVB after the weekend.

dylan93

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
If Bennell ain't coming in, I guess it'll be as simple as:

OUT: T. McDonald, Lockhart
IN: Brown, Jetta

Would like to see someone like Sparrow come in for AVB or something like that. We need something different.

thecuzsays

seancurreyfitness (instagram)
Jun 23, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
make no mistake ours team in dire straights. Have u ever heard of a team carry on with depth selection problems yet be arguably the worst side the league if not bottom 3. Is anyone dominating their role besides Petracca.

Absolutely tone deaf to the football world. Just fixated and whatever 5 year corporate strategy they have in place at the moment to "develop the brand". This club has lost whatever marble it had left

Goodwin and this club can go and get f’ed. It's a sick joke.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
All the club should be focusing on is trying to kick more goals and include players like Bennell to please the fans, because the product we're currently dishing up has been so pathetic for so long that I don't even want to watch it anymore.

Yep. Don't think any fan would be mad if we took the game on and lost by a bit but at least had a crack at opening it up. Current form is Neeld-esque.

SackLunch

Team Captain
Apr 16, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
He had like 17 touches in 50% game time, didn't really miss a target and looked to be playing in 3rd gear in his first hit out in a long time.

Looked clean and found the ball at will.

The best bit is we take a punt on Bennell, somehow get him fit then don't play him because his CP numbers aren't high enough. It's amazing
Seriously, only MFC is capable of this level of incompetence. I’m talking an incompetence unmatched by any organization of any type throughout the universe.

Didn't know all the hate re Harley not getting a gig was going on here so I'll bring in my thoughts from the other thread. Seems we're all on the same page.

So Goodwin's reasons for Harley getting dropped and not getting a game:
"We're continuing to work on him around his contest and defensive elements of the game that's required in his role but he's missed a lot of footy, so our expectations are he's not going to be perfect in that space.

"He does bring something unique to our team but we just need to make sure that he can fill that role to the best of his ability."
Translation: "It seems like we have failed to root out all the flare and attack in Harley. He does bring something unique to our team so clearly has failed to respond to our efforts to turn him into a soulless, defensive minded, inside midfielder.

He must not be allowed to play until he has learnt that there are only two team rules: Get inside and get the ball then either handball to a player within a proximity of one meter or bomb it long into forward 50."

The word on the day is 'role.'

Is he really going to train the natural flare out of him? You can probably get away with half a team of robots but you need the players that bring the best out of the work the structured players do, otherwise you never have success on the scoring side of the game.

I don't recall if he was a massive two way runners with the suns but when I watched kick 7 and have 30 touches I didn't care.

Agreed, it's all about brand, messaging, contest, effort, tackling, basics etc. But when it comes to making a lead, kicking a goal, opening up the play etc that's considered not important
And 'role.'

Didn't know all the hate re Harley not getting a gig was going on here so I'll bring in my thoughts from the other thread. Seems we're all on the same page.

So Goodwin's reasons for Harley getting dropped and not getting a game:

Translation: "It seems like we have failed to root out all the flare and attack in Harley. He does bring something unique to our team so clearly has failed to respond to our efforts to turn him into a soulless, defensive minded, inside midfielder.

He must not be allowed to play until he has learnt that there are only two team rules: Get inside and get the ball then either handball to a player within a proximity of one meter or bomb it long into forward 50."

The word on the day is 'role.'

Is he really going to train the natural flare out of him? You can probably get away with half a team of robots but you need the players that bring the best out of the work the structured players do, otherwise you never have success on the scoring side of the game.

I don't recall if he was a massive two way runners with the suns but when I watched kick 7 and have 30 touches I didn't care.
I agree with everything except the assertion that our mids are defensive minded

Back