Preview Round V: Dees vs the lethargic Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

I cant do it anymore, i'm sick of having the piss taken out of us and actually having to laugh along with it because there isn't much you can use as a comeback.....how can a board full of people have more of an idea how to fix our team than the ******* idiot that is in charge of it!?
I have no desire to watch contested bullshit defensive football, amazing that in 2018 when we took the game on and moved the ball quickly we were the highest scoring team, two years later and we are literally the worst scoring team...Something has to give, and it cant just be Goodwin it has to be the lot of them, clear all of them our get Yze in and let him pick his assistants and everyone that goes with it.
Lucky there are no crowds this year, by the looks of it there wouldn't be many Dees supporters turning up.

When we played Freo last year pretty sure we had a sub 15k crowd. Compare that to over 90k two weeks in a row less than a year before. Don’t think our fans are bandwagoners, more everyone is so incredibly frustrated and angry at how we’ve gone backwards so quickly.

If this form continues into 2021 the board will have no choice but to let Goodwin go.

When we played Freo last year pretty sure we had a sub 15k crowd. Compare that to over 90k two weeks in a row less than a year before. Don’t think our fans are bandwagoners, more everyone is so incredibly frustrated and angry at how we’ve gone backwards so quickly.

If this form continues into 2021 the board will have no choice but to let Goodwin go.

if it continues in 2021 then its just another 2 years i have to suffer a team treading water at the bottom of the table.

Agree though, i think he will have 5 or 6 rounds into 2021 before the pressure starts, he needs to make his decision now if he wants to continue with this CP bullshit.

Some real head-scratchers.

Almost McLean in a forward pocket, Johnson at full back type stuff.

Don't have to go back that far - we played OMac as full forward for half a game last year!

I attended a few matches last season, and the overall feeling was just how boring we were to watch, it was the least threatening Melbourne side I've witnessed. It simply boils down to the weekends being too short to lose a few hours watching something so dire. The club has to realise this, looks past stats and bullshit and understand in the end they're selling a product to their fans, and it's stunk for about 18 months now.

I accept that Plow, and the rest of us aren't seeing what's happening at training, and we aren't seeing what's happening in these reserves practice matches. But why on earth is it so plainly obvious, not only the issues, but also moves that could at least be possible solutions to them, to everyone else except the coaching panel? They are the living embodiment of Ned Flanders' parents, who had tried nothing, and were all out of ideas.

I can understand why these things weren't able to be addressed last year, because there just wasn't the cattle to make the moves, but they've got a damn near full list to choose from, and they persist with what has been shown time and again to not work.

You've really gotta laugh at the fact that a player like Bennell is being left out because he's not defensive enough, when there is half a dozen blokes in the team who can't ******* kick!
First of all solid Simpson's analogy. Here's the thing if we have good users of the ball perhaps we don't need to defend as much. There has to be more to his non selection than just lacking in his defensive game, I dunno. No wonder fans are complaining about the state of the game. It's funny how coaches are so critical when it's the coaches that have implemented the 18 man defense. How much more defending do we need when we barely scored all game? All that defending for a loss. I notice something in the Carlton game, when Carlton realised they really needed to score they actually tried. There was passage of really exciting ball movement straight through the corridor ok they turned it over and saints scored but had it come off it would have been exciting. I would rather lose with more exciting ball movement than what we dished up against Geelong. Even if we beat the cats would anyone be over the moon? It's soulless football atm.

All this talk aside, I reckon we are good things this weekend.

Not because we are any good but more because Richmonds mentality is shot. Now they know they are moving to a hub I expect Richmond to absolutely fall to bits. When you have your leaders come out saying 'not all of us will relocate ext' you are shot

All this talk aside, I reckon we are good things this weekend.

Not because we are any good but more because Richmonds mentality is shot. Now they know they are moving to a hub I expect Richmond to absolutely fall to bits. When you have your leaders come out saying 'not all of us will relocate ext' you are shot

thats not what the leaders said to be fair

they said there is a possibility a few of the guys wont relocate which is entirely their decision, guys like Edwards and Houli who have wives/gfs expecting babies very shortly

im proud of the club for being that way

anyway, onto the game..... i was surprised with your selections, expected Jetta to be an automatic inclusion and Weideman also..... weve brought in half our list to the extended bench so who knows who we will end up going with, Balta is probably the only certainty id say

Yeah it's hilarious when you think about it, player kicks 5 in the twos the same week the team only kicks 8, but no need to make a change ... Player kicks 4 in the twos the same week the team only kicks 6 ... but his defensive work is the problem ... absolute comedy.
That's the thing you all don't understand, our game plan doesn't include "kicking goals"

I accept that Plow, and the rest of us aren't seeing what's happening at training, and we aren't seeing what's happening in these reserves practice matches. But why on earth is it so plainly obvious, not only the issues, but also moves that could at least be possible solutions to them, to everyone else except the coaching panel? They are the living embodiment of Ned Flanders' parents, who had tried nothing, and were all out of ideas.

I can understand why these things weren't able to be addressed last year, because there just wasn't the cattle to make the moves, but they've got a damn near full list to choose from, and they persist with what has been shown time and again to not work.

You've really gotta laugh at the fact that a player like Bennell is being left out because he's not defensive enough, when there is half a dozen blokes in the team who can't ******* kick!
What doesn't make sense is if they were so desperate for defensive workers why didn't they go for Townsend and Butler?
First of all solid Simpson's analogy. Here's the thing if we have good users of the ball perhaps we don't need to defend as much. There has to be more to his non selection than just lacking in his defensive game, I dunno. No wonder fans are complaining about the state of the game. It's funny how coaches are so critical when it's the coaches that have implemented the 18 man defense. How much more defending do we need when we barely scored all game? All that defending for a loss. I notice something in the Carlton game, when Carlton realised they really needed to score they actually tried. There was passage of really exciting ball movement straight through the corridor ok they turned it over and saints scored but had it come off it would have been exciting. I would rather lose with more exciting ball movement than what we dished up against Geelong. Even if we beat the cats would anyone be over the moon? It's soulless football atm.

That's what footy was in the 90s and 00s. Straight down the middle and trying to hit a lead up forward, if it was turned over the other team would move it end to end and kick it to their full forward. * all this 'contested' rubbish. Gotta swing the balance back to uncontested footy somehow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If nothing else, at least there will actually be a bit of continuity in the squad for the first time in 18 months ... of course there is still the glaring issue that we're continuing without players that 100% should be in the team, but when you select your team via chook raffle every week, that's what you get I suppose.

Unless he's taking 15 contested marks he won't hit the team KPIs. #brand :rainbow:
But if he kicks a couple of goals they will still find a way to drop him

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back