Preview Round V: Dees vs the lethargic Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

While Topkent is right, positions players are named is largely irrelevant short of the extended bench for Sunday games, but given Petracca spent a bit of time as the deepest forward after TMac got crunched last week, and our forward line looked a whole lot better as a result, it's probably not particularly unthinkable.

I am well aware of team sheet irrelevancy. It certainly does not need to be explained to me (twice)

It was a legitimate question after last week and as you rightly pointed out. Also the non selection of a 2nd Fwd tall in Brown/Jackson. The other reasoning could be they're looking for a contested beast in the forward 50 since we already have Oliver & Viney for CPs in the centre. I would be disappointed if Tracc does find himself back in the forward line after how well he has played as a centre square mid so far this year.

I am well aware of team sheet irrelevancy. It certainly does not need to be explained to me (twice)

It was a legitimate question after last week and as you rightly pointed out. Also the non selection of a 2nd Fwd tall in Brown/Jackson. The other reasoning could be they're looking for a contested beast in the forward 50 since we already have Oliver & Viney for CPs in the centre. I would be disappointed if Tracc does find himself back in the forward line after how well he has played as a centre square mid so far this year.
It was more just an acknowledgement than an explanation tbh.

But yeah, it's an interesting spot to be in, he's just got to be used where he's of most value, which I think, at least early, is probably in the forward line. We've got other guys who can still win the ball out of the middle, but we don't have players inside 50 lining up to take on the responsibility to kick goals, which is something he'll do atm, brimming with confidence as he is.

I can only be mind f’ed by this team... My heart was broken decades ago, I no longer have a heart to break :)
You should write a country song. Only thing I can see lacking is a trusty pet dog. Oh and probably mention a small town, mountain or river.

After all the angst throughout the week they will probably come out and win and win well, they have to do that occasionally to keep the torture rolling on
But you’re completely overlooking the fact we will be desperate to play the tigers into premiership form. They have also had the spotlight on them this week but unlike us will probably respond.

But you’re completely overlooking the fact we will be desperate to play the tigers into premiership form. They have also had the spotlight on them this week but unlike us will probably respond.

It's a good point, and perhaps the club has a collective unconscious desire to be super nice to everyone else and let them win, would conveniently explain a lot without having to accept we have been 90% trash for the past 50 years

Good feeling about today! With Atsbury out I'm looking forward to Goody exploiting their lack of quality KPD by playing Fritch out of the goalsquare.

I know Goody is a student of the game as well, so assume we will have adapted well to the new holding the ball interpretation and swamp players like Dusty who take everyone on at every opportunity. No way we will hold the ball in at every opportunity for repeat stoppages, only to be pinged!

Dees by 24!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just to compound how bad we are, the whole team did PBs, released the hell and back documentary about how hard we've worked. I think we legit have one bloke in Nitschke on the injury list and we are still putrid. Theres no upside on this list this season. If anything Petracca will do his shoulders carrying this team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back