Senior Rowan Marshall

Remove this Banner Ad

We got this 👍🏻

dJGQ139.jpg

Rowan played for Sandy in the first half against the Bombers at the Dank Dome.

Unfortunately Marshall probably needs a bit more match fitness. I say unfortunately because obviously our team, and in particular our rucks, are crap.

Rowan Marshall is edging closer towards a senior return following a successful hit-out for Sandringham over the weekend.

The 25-year-old performed strongly at Tullamarine for the better part of three quarters, spending the bulk of his time in the ruck to guide the Zebras towards an 8.10 (58) to 13.9 (87) win over Essendon.

Marshall has spent the past month on the sidelines with a foot injury, but returned in time for Sandringham's third and final practice match of the pre-season.
The ruckman was particularly effective around stoppages and in the air during the opening quarter, joining Sam Alabakis in propelling the Zebras to a five-goal lead at the first break.

I agree with Dr Spaceman that he will need some more match practice before returning to the seniors

Well the great man’s back and straight away we’re back on the winners list 😃👍🏻

pgVbyHL.jpg

A great effort by RoMa, especially seeing most of us feared for the worst when he hobbled off during the 2nd quarter. A great sigh of relief when he appeared at the centre bounce for the start of the 3rd quarter.

However although he finished the match off in typical smiley fashion it has been revealed that he has been suffering a plantar fascia injury. And although the outlook doesn’t appear too bad, he may well miss Round 5 (Maddie’s Match) against Richmond given the short 5 day turnaround.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great to have him back but I do wonder how fit his ankle really is . Ryder seems to be spending a lot more time in the ruck than Rowan . Plus Rowan again limped of the ground against GC and had to get either a pain killing shot or his ankle retaped . Let’s hope he is not doing more damage to it .

As any Saints fan would know, Round 9 didn’t end well for the club. And it ended even worse for Roma.

We don’t expect to see him again until after the bye 😢

uWnVphb.jpg

So after missing several weeks the big RoMa returned on Friday night

He didn’t tear it up and he didn’t get on the scoreboard. He looked a bit rusty and at times a bit slow. But he made it out there and we always look a better side with the #19 running around. I have no doubt he helped us get the win over Richmond a bit more than was obvious to the eyes 😇

G.B D K H M T HO
0.0 10 7 3 1 1 12

As expected an improved showing from The Big Grin after blowing the cobwebs away the previous week.

G.B D K H M T HO
1.0 14 13 1 7 2 15

He looked much better and we look much better with him out there.

If we can't get to watch our team make finals and win flags then the next best thing is to watch Marshall & Ryder go about their business.

It's pure Ruck/Forward pr0n :hearteyes:

3oyaC8M.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back