Strategy Rowey admits the club wasn’t honest at the presser

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you even read the article you posted?

Did you feenix before you liked it?

It was a single arm trial. You do understand what this means right?

Hint: it doesnt mean they made a bunch of amputees meditate
I'm sorry. Did you not ask for scientific research?

Genuine question. What do you do when you get angry or stressed?

I'm sorry. Did you not ask for scientific research?

Genuine question. What do you do when you get angry or stressed?

I asked for journal articles that have appropriate controls to account for the placebo effect. Given there are so many of them according to your quote its a bit odd you didnt pick one of them.

As for what I do when im angry or stressed, i often fall back on cbt combined with general relaxing activities or some light exercise.

I asked for journal articles that have appropriate controls to account for the placebo effect. Given there are so many of them according to your quote its a bit odd you didnt pick one of them.
Sure. I picked the 1st one from Harvard. I thought you were arguing meditation has no scientific basis.

As for what I do when im angry or stressed, i often fall back on cbt combined with general relaxing activities or some light exercise.
next minute.

Sure. I picked the 1st one from Harvard. I thought you were arguing meditation has no scientific basis.

next minute.

You do know cbt isnt meditation right?

Look Im happy to concede that meditation is believed enough to trigger the placebo effect but the significant research I have done into shows there isnt much conclusive evidence it does more than that.

Why is this something I have researched? I suffer depression and it was recommended to me by a psychologist. Now before anyone says a psychologist suggesting it is some kind of proof; no, doctors once used to recommend blood letting too.

So then why would you be so experienced looking up medical journals then like you stated?

Clearly I was responding to this patronising and completely inaccurate assertion from you:

As a free tip to help you out as its quite clear you have never actually read a journal article in your life...

Any postgrad?

Yes, two.

I'm not interested in having academic pissing contests, I was responding to your patronising statement.

Being hypnotised worked for a period of time. Weeks maybe. But the anxiety came back. I was meant to be mediating and listening to the session we recorded regularly but I didn’t and the anxiety came roaring back. It certainly worked initially I was quite calm for a while after that, even when on the submarine with alarms going off and watching people losing their s**t around me with a genuine emergency breaking out on board but it was a temporary fix.

Certainly it could get the players through the Grand Final though and if they were getting regular treatment and staying at that calm, confident level I felt for a weeks there I could see the benefits.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, considering my education is business related, you'll have to enlighten me on how a placebo-control could be designed for meditation. What would the placebo treatment be?
Maybe a qualified psychologist takes one group and Wolfe takes the other group

You do know cbt isnt meditation right?

Look Im happy to concede that meditation is believed enough to trigger the placebo effect but the significant research I have done into shows there isnt much conclusive evidence it does more than that.

Why is this something I have researched? I suffer depression and it was recommended to me by a psychologist. Now before anyone says a psychologist suggesting it is some kind of proof; no, doctors once used to recommend blood letting too.
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy. It covers all aspects of it including meditation. Surprised someone with your intellect missed it

From your link.

So not only does she aknowledge the placebo effect can do the same thing she hasnt even completed the study yet to see. Its pure hypothesis!
Ummmm... I said it's fair indication of where the science is at - ie inconclusive but becoming subject to more and more rigour.

Relax mate.

Rowey has said a board meeting was held on Tuesday, decisions were made and there will be a massive press conference tomorrow.

I’m pretty sure they will admit CM was a mistake and won’t be continued with. If they don’t the board should be sacked.

Will they announce an external review into our fitness and footy operations?

Will they announce sackings?

Rowey has said a board meeting was held on Tuesday, decisions were made and there will be a massive press conference tomorrow.

I’m pretty sure they will admit CM was a mistake and won’t be continued with. If they don’t the board should be sacked.

If they're not planning on annoucing the immediate termination of Burton then they may as well not even bother.

The bloke you're quoting is a regular poster on The Roar and openly and regularly admits his distain for Adelaide. Funnily enough he posted this exact same post to an article on The Roar today.

I think you've pretty much nailed it .. :)

I occasionally throw a lure over here and see if I get any bites

Anyone else got an explanation for "a highly confronting - for some - ritual exercise" that would concern both players and coaches?

Mock mine, I don't care, but I'm not seeing an alternative explanation.

Ritual exercise - means in this sense, almost a cultural ritual, or regular exercise - and what's an exercise all males do regularly? I assume Woulfe wasn't making them all wipe their arse at the same time

Anyways :) I don't have disdain for Adelaide, in terms of wishing them ill, I just don't think they have it together mentally as a club, and they could do better. I'd like to see them do better. Any premierships won outside of Victoria are great premierships in my view.

Press conference on a Saturday?

I occasionally throw a lure over here and see if I get any bites

Anyone else got an explanation for "a highly confronting - for some - ritual exercise" that would concern both players and coaches?

Mock mine, I don't care, but I'm not seeing an alternative explanation.

Ritual exercise - means in this sense, almost a cultural ritual, or regular exercise - and what's an exercise all males do regularly? I assume Woulfe wasn't making them all wipe their arse at the same time

Anyways :) I don't have disdain for Adelaide, in terms of wishing them ill, I just don't think they have it together mentally as a club, and they could do better. I'd like to see them do better. Any premierships won outside of Victoria are great premierships in my view.
Sounds more like some sort adolescent homoerotic fantasy to me.

Press conference on a Saturday?

Edit: Hemi beat me to it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back