Roxette - thank you for the Joyride!!

Nov 20, 2011
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Portsmouth
Yeah I'm .... I don't know what to say or describe how I feel. Turned on the car this morning to go to work and Listen To Your Heart was playing... Unashamed to admit I had some eye sweat going on.

Heartbroken, shattered, all of the above.

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
I've never felt this way about the death of a celebrity before but I've been quite emotional all day. Elton dying will probably have the same effect but not many other celebrities I can think of.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
I've never felt this way about the death of a celebrity before but I've been quite emotional all day. Elton dying will probably have the same effect but not many other celebrities I can think of.

Saw Elton tonight. Truly astonishing. Then came home and watched the Music Max tribute to Marie Fredrikkson.

A rather bittersweet and surreal day.

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
I went to two Roxette concerts in Brissy and had a teenage crush for Marie in the late 80’s. I loved their music and it was sad to witness firsthand at a concert what brain cancer had done to her. RIP Marie Fredriksson.

My favourite Roxette song

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
I went to two Roxette concerts in Brissy and had a teenage crush for Marie in the late 80’s. I loved their music and it was sad to witness firsthand at a concert what brain cancer had done to her. RIP Marie Fredriksson.

My favourite Roxette song

Yeah, on that 2015 tour Marie looked like she was just hanging on. As I recall she was on a stool all night and barely got up. A lot of her big vocal parts were done by a guest vocalist as it was clear she was struggling. When they were here a couple of years before that she looked healthy and was dynamite on stage.

Back