Roy Morgan Research Poll 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

I was at the Carlton one and I was not bagging the Tigers as their crowds are awesome but you can’t say it’s only because of Richmond.
That game against Carlton at half time you would swear the crowd was 65% Richmond, in the last quarter you would swear the crowd was 70% Carlton.
You and I don’t know how many of each supporter group were there and we don’t know how many neutrals were there. I was a neutral and I was barracking for the Tigers, doesn’t make me a tiger supporter though.
The GWS is the standout game and it’s no doubt attributed to the Tigers, but again there would of been substantial neutrals there who barracked for the Tigers that day, after all it was a final and it is finals more than any other games that attract neutral supporters.

Ohh please neutrals for prelim unless ur MCC or AFL you wouldn't pay up to $180 a ticket. I was at all finals and GWS we sold out entire public reserve.
V North 90K they have very little support. v Carlton i had Carlton supporters saying to me you guys have like 70,000 here today, well imo over 60K thats for sure. Mick Malthouse blues coach at the time said when we ran onto the ground loudest he's ever heard and also said it felt like we were playing an away game.

V Geelong last year upwards of 70,000 tigers. Cats complaining that they couldn't get tickets, very lopsided crowd split.

Last edited:
I said I wonder what we'll get v Sydney because I'm curious to see what sort of crowd we pull with the monkey off the back. QFs don't usually draw monster crowds until the Tiges came along last year and smashed in 95K. I reckon it will still be much bigger than the average QF.

One can only go by our last 4 finals at the G (not including GF) all over 90K well 3 at about 95K. So ill call it now if we play Sydney it'll be 90K+
If we play Hawks well that will be a standard 95K+ So i guess the question is answered 90K+ is on the cards.

PS: Don't waste your time with gopies1981 seriously its like having a discussion with a brick wall thats how thick he is. You can provide facts but he will 100% ignore them.

One can only go by our last 4 finals at the G (not including GF) all over 90K well 3 at about 95K. So ill call it now if we play Sydney it'll be 90K+
If we play Hawks well that will be a standard 95K+ So i guess the question is answered 90K+ is on the cards.

PS: Don't waste your time with gopies1981 seriously its like having a discussion with a brick wall thats how thick he is. You can provide facts but he will 100% ignore them.

90K v Swans in a QF will be amazing.

I enjoy watching gopy work himself into a lather. The CAPS, the !!!, the word salads, I WIN YOU LOSE. That's gold Astute :D

Be great if Collingwood beat freo and west coast lose and 90,000 pies fans pack out the g!! Will be the biggest crowd of the finals in the first week! 5 long years out of the finals the army will be coming from all around Australia to watch the mighty magpies

Ohh please neutrals for prelim unless ur MCC or AFL you wouldn't pay up to $180 a ticket. I was at all finals and GWS we sold out entire public reserve.
V North 90K they have very little support. v Carlton i had Carlton supporters saying to me you guys have like 70,000 here today, well imo over 60K thats for sure. Mick Malthouse blues coach at the time said when we ran onto the ground loudest he's ever heard and also said it felt like we were playing an away game.

V Geelong last year upwards of 70,000 tigers. Cats complaining that they couldn't get tickets, very lopsided crowd split.
Were you in attendance during the dark days?

Do you think if Collingwood hadn't won a flag since 1980 and failed to win a single final for over a decade we'd attract enormous final crowds?

Fact, the novelty of Richmond winning finals has worn off, everyone was compelled with Richmond during last years finals, even me, now it's up to your members because the neutrals have moved on, and you still failed to beat any of Collingwoods attendance records, if you couldn't break them coming off a premiership and being top of the ladder for the majority of the year, and having 100,000 members, what conditions do you need? When is it going to happen man?

You sound like a mad man, why can't you break one of Collingwoods attendance records?

Do you think if Collingwood hadn't won a flag since 1980 and failed to win a single final for over a decade we'd attract enormous final crowds?

Fact, the novelty of Richmond winning finals has worn off, everyone was compelled with Richmond during last years finals, even me, now it's up to your members because the neutrals have moved on, and you still failed to beat any of Collingwoods attendance records, if you couldn't break them coming off a premiership and being top of the ladder for the majority of the year, and having 100,000 members, what conditions do you need? When is it going to happen man?

In the 2002 prelim final v Adelaide 88,960 fans were is attendance. The game was sold out 2 days prior to the match with 70-75,000 Collingwood fans in attendance. And this was with 10 years of Collingwood not having played a final in Melbourne!

Richmond fans seem to think they are the only ones who could get 90,000 at the mcg in a final. I’ll tell yeah if Collingwood or Essendon were pathetic for 37 years and had only won 2 finals in that period they would easily draw over 90,000! Gee if Carlton ever became good again then you will see the bandwagon affect and will probably see 60,000 plus Carlton fans attend their first final.

If Melbourne play their first finals game at the mcg many people will be shocked at the amount of Melbourne fans that will turn up after being down the bottom for 12 years. Could easily be 45-50,000 Melbourne fans for their first final and they are considered one of the smaller clubs in the competition but they still have a pretty big bandwagon the dees as seen on queens bday where there was probably 40-45,000 Melbourne fans at the g that day

You are 100% correct my friend

I just did some basic research, even gopy could do this and on every occasion when we re talking a parallel universe as in BOTH clubs finish TOP 4 with the exception of 1977 we have had superior attendances
1973 yep
1974 yep
1977 nup
1980 yep
2018 yep
Empirical evidence, there you have it
You played your home games at the MCG during the majority of the 70s dumb ass.

Melbourne also outdrew us on occasion, want to know where their home ground was?

You sound like a mad man, why can't you break one of Collingwoods attendance records?

Richmond wil probably break our 2009 attendance record of 1,189,000. Problem wit that is that they will not beat Collingwood’s attendance records set in 2007 (1,226,000) 2008 (1,248,000) 2010 (1,304,000) 2011 (1,269,000) 2012 (1,207,000)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That figure is pretty amazing considering we were tipped to finish bottom 4, and the 3 on top of us were expected to play deep in to September.

Pound for pound, we are the staunchest. Always have been, always will be.

View attachment 546399
Only 11.4% of collingwood supporters are members. Wow, how pathetic. What an overrated club they are.

I just did some basic research, even gopy could do this and on every occasion when we re talking a parallel universe as in BOTH clubs finish TOP 4 with the exception of 1977 we have had superior attendances
1973 yep
1974 yep
1977 nup
1980 yep
2018 yep
Empirical evidence, there you have it

Easy when you played at a 100,000 seat stadium and the pies played at a 30,000 stadium baring 2018

Richmond wil probably break our 2009 attendance record of 1,189,000. Problem wit that is that they will not beat Collingwood’s attendance records set in 2007 (1,226,000) 2008 (1,248,000) 2010 (1,304,000) 2011 (1,269,000) 2012 (1,207,000)
I remember going to a Carlton - Collingwood game at the G during the mid 90s and being told **** off, no seats available.
Does it give you the shits having to logout al the time for your alt account, or do you just use separate devices?

So, if they couldn't break one of our records this year coming off a premiership, and being top of the ladder for the majority of this year, when is it going to happen? Do they need 200,000 members? If only they'd allow cats and dogs into stadiums :)

Only 11.4% of collingwood supporters are members. Wow, how pathetic. What an overrated club they are.

Just shows then In 2019 we will have the most members easily. It what we call the bandwagon effec! You being a Richmond supporter should know all about this?

So, if they couldn't break one of our records this year coming off a premiership, and being top of the ladder for the majority of this year, when is it going to happen? Do they need 200,000 members? If only they'd allow cats and dogs into stadiums :)

If they allowed cats and dogs in the the mcg then we would be in a lot of trouble! Thank god they don’t so I think the mighty pies are safe!!!

I know you have won 15, so why do you refuse to answer?
Simple question.... how many premierships have Collingwod won since 1937?
The vfl did not start in 1937!!!

Let’s go when the afl began in 1990 then hey??? Pies have won 2! How many have Richmond won??

See I can play this game too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back