Roy Morgan Research Poll 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha i know i mean i cant remember one final under 90K at the G. And 2 of those were against GWS and North on a Sunday.

The tiger army hold claim to the Third loudest crowd in history (worldwide) sporting/entertainment etc and even though it credits Lambert's first goal at 122MB, butlers goal in the 3rd registered 126MB

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...l/news-story/2bc4a7421989b7ac9fabf620b66fecfe

Felt like an international. Was louder than Harry Kewell's goal against Iran in 97 and the Aussies taking a wicket in the world cup final.

Tigers don't do under 90K lol. Wonder what we'll get if we play Sydney in the QF. Pies last finals crowd only 51K. Can't imagine the Tigers getting anywhere near as low as that in a final. We are the headline act when it comes to September.

No Surprise to see Qld total (GC and Bris) come to only 37K combined - Rugby rules the roost in Qld. Curious to know the Brisbane membership numbers in the early 2000s.

Felt like an international. Was louder than Harry Kewell's goal against Iran in 97 and the Aussies taking a wicket in the world cup final.

Tigers don't do under 90K lol. Wonder what we'll get if we play Sydney in the QF. Pies last finals crowd only 51K. Can't imagine the Tigers getting anywhere near as low as that in a final. We are the headline act when it comes to September.
They say the shock wave circled the planet 3 times.

Finals for Richmond were a once in a lifetime event last year, if you play Sydney first up do you really think you'll pull 90k+? Really?

Finals for Richmond were a once in a lifetime event last year, if you play Sydney first up do you really think you'll pull 90k+? Really?

Once in a lifetime like 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2017?? :drunk: Stop dribbling s**t Gagsy we've played 3 finals series since your last appearance. I said I wonder what we'll get v Sydney because I'm curious to see what sort of crowd we pull with the monkey off the back. QFs don't usually draw monster crowds until the Tiges came along last year and smashed in 95K. I reckon it will still be much bigger than the average QF.

Once in a lifetime like 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2017?? :drunk: Stop dribbling s**t Gagsy we've played 3 finals series since your last appearance. I said I wonder what we'll get v Sydney because I'm curious to see what sort of crowd we pull with the monkey off the back. QFs don't usually draw monster crowds until the Tiges came along last year and smashed in 95K. I reckon it will still be much bigger than the average QF.
Sorry i should have said 'winning' a final, my bad.

Yawn. Been there done that.

Same with Collingwood in 2002 and 2003 preliminary finals. Sold out both matches against Adelaide and Port Adelaide!

Yet Richmond cannot even break the all time attendance record. Richmond have peaked no chance of ever breaking 1.3 million or even 1.2 million. Oh well nice try Richmond

Funny that our 51,000 v port was our 8th consecutive year in the finals. Let’s look back at 2002 10 years since Collingwood played a final in Melbourne and 89,000 fans turn up and the game was a sellout!

If Collingwood sneak into 2nd the Collingwood v West Coast game will be the biggest crowd of the first week of the finals. Book mark that tiger fans. We have the most supporters. Always have always will

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Collingwood sneak into 2nd the Collingwood v West Coast game will be the biggest crowd of the first week of the finals. Book mark that tiger fans. We have the most supporters. Always have always will
You'll have to draw 90k+ if you want to outdraw Richmond in a final.

When was the last time the pies drew 90k+ to a non-GF final? Richmond have done it in 4 out of our last 4 MCG finals (not including the GF). :)

Our last 5 finals at mcg have all been attended by > 94,000
2013 v blues
2015 v nm
2017 v cats
2017 v gws
2017 v crows

Why wouldn’t we achieve that vs the swans , what makes you say that . No one else has a record like that

Our last 5 finals at mcg have all been attended by > 94,000
2013 v blues
2015 v nm
2017 v cats
2017 v gws
2017 v crows

Why wouldn’t we achieve that vs the swans , what makes you say that . No one else has a record like that

So what you are saying is Carlton drew 94’000 plus in 2013
North did in 2015
And the cats, GWS and Crows did in 2017.
Takes two sides to get crowds, finals are very bad examples as lots of neutrals go to finals.

North did in 2015
Takes two sides to get crowds, finals are very bad examples as lots of neutrals go to finals.
Were you at any of these games?

Were you at any of these games?

I was at the Carlton one and I was not bagging the Tigers as their crowds are awesome but you can’t say it’s only because of Richmond.
That game against Carlton at half time you would swear the crowd was 65% Richmond, in the last quarter you would swear the crowd was 70% Carlton.
You and I don’t know how many of each supporter group were there and we don’t know how many neutrals were there. I was a neutral and I was barracking for the Tigers, doesn’t make me a tiger supporter though.
The GWS is the standout game and it’s no doubt attributed to the Tigers, but again there would of been substantial neutrals there who barracked for the Tigers that day, after all it was a final and it is finals more than any other games that attract neutral supporters.

Funny that our 51,000 v port was our 8th consecutive year in the finals. Let’s look back at 2002 10 years since Collingwood played a final in Melbourne and 89,000 fans turn up and the game was a sellout!

Lol gopies you're a funny cnt :tearsofjoy: 88K against crows thats cute. I went to that game and crows had at least 20K fans there. Tigers GWS will only be replicated by us. You only drew 65K against eagles in 2011/2012. Leave the 90K crowds to the big boys :cool:

I was at the Carlton one and I was not bagging the Tigers as their crowds are awesome but you can’t say it’s only because of Richmond.
That game against Carlton at half time you would swear the crowd was 65% Richmond, in the last quarter you would swear the crowd was 70% Carlton.
You and I don’t know how many of each supporter group were there and we don’t know how many neutrals were there. I was a neutral and I was barracking for the Tigers, doesn’t make me a tiger supporter though.
The GWS is the standout game and it’s no doubt attributed to the Tigers, but again there would of been substantial neutrals there who barracked for the Tigers that day, after all it was a final and it is finals more than any other games that attract neutral supporters.

Mick Malthouse said that was the loudest roar hed ever heard for a team running out - even though he was coaching a big club he said it felt like an away final. Geelong supporters are still sooking over last year QF.
GWS
Nth Melbourne

numbers dont lie

North did in 2015
What I’m saying is there is one constant there , no other side has achieved those crowd numbers in the modern era outside of a GF

Funny how your bs isn’t backed up by Cold hard facts in attendances and membesership numbers. Always remember old friend , hope in one hand and crap in the other , see which ones full first .always happy to help, you know that

THE STAUNCHEST!

Unlike another "club" who shall remain nameless, with the supposed biggest support, and the BOTTOM membership conversion.

Hammer and nail stuff! The questions of those Sydney supporters that I'd like to ask are: (and all non footy state team supporters)
  • Is the AFL your favoured competition to watch or is it the NRL or something else entirely? What I'm getting at here is Australian Football just a passing interest to you and you're only taking interest because your team is consistently in contention?
  • Would you consider yourself a rusted on supporter? How many of your colleague supporters do you think are hardcore fans? (likely a very small percentage)
  • If you're not a member is it because you're not that interested like fans from WA, SA, Vic and Tas are? i:e footy state team supporters i:e
These polls are very pardon the pun "black and white" and don't take into consideration the questions I've asked above.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back