BUBBALOUIS

Club Legend
Jan 9, 2001
Victoria, HAWTHORN, GLENF
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
leeds united
remember this organisation ........ Another failed Howrd minister, gives this mob a 5 million dollar grant before the last election and then secures a job with them after collecting his parliamentary super cheque ..... what depths will all of 'honest' Johns mates go to before the Australian public realise we are being run by a bunch of Robert Mugabes!!!!

They're unreal aren't they? First Reith now Wooldridge. Who is next I wonder.

And the current health minister can see no problem with the transaction because the money came from health programs that fell short of spending estimates.

Gee and areas like aboriginal health, immunisation programs etc couldn't have used the money could they...

What a smarmy, smirking git that Wooldridge was.

Typical Liberal hypocritical bull$hit.

First Reith, then Howards lies about the children overboard, and now Wooldrige giving away taxpayers money to his mates.

This government is old, tired and smacks of arrogance. They are happy to divert any attention to their misdeeds to the opposition or blame the opposition on any matter they themselves become embroiled in. (a la the jerk with the smirk)

Despite this, the opposition are just as bad.

Hawke, Keating, Fraser, Whitlam, Howard govts were / are so self centered, liars, immature, and pathetic.

Howard likes to see himself as a statesman, but is a joke who is too busy to suck up Bush Jr rather than take care of our steel industries....Keating the same in Asia.

I really can not remember the last time we had a PM that we can be proud of. These guys are jokes....

I resent how media scribes cannot talk about the obvious Howard govenmnet failings without saying that Labour are as bad.

That is entirely immaterial and some of the things going on are pure self-interest masqureading as patriotism.

Just stick to thr Libs. You can criticise the ALP when they get back in

Originally posted by Pessimistic
I resent how media scribes cannot talk about the obvious Howard govenmnet failings without saying that Labour are as bad.
I don't. Everyone who's ever had their snout in the trough should be criticised. Equally. And forever. The only hope for change is that the media ridicules and embarasses them all so the mildly righteous amongst the political decision makers (if there is any) will force appropriate behaviour.

I don't see this as a party issue. Both are as bad as each other. It's a failing of the individual's character, not their political persuasion. And it's a failing of the individual leaders (past and present) that they have allowed it to go on.

Originally posted by Goldenblue
I really can not remember the last time we had a PM that we can be proud of. These guys are jokes....
Absolutely agree. It's bloody depressing being asked to choose between dumb and dumber each election.

Originally posted by Pessimistic

That is entirely immaterial and some of the things going on are pure self-interest masqureading as patriotism.

Just stick to thr Libs. You can criticise the ALP when they get back in

While I agree that it is an annoying diversion that distracts us from the whole truth of the appalling misdeeds and corrupt activity of the current gpvernment, I cant help thinking that the press are right, Labor do stink almost as bad as the Government.

If they hadnt spent their two terms in opposition toadying and brown nosing to exactly the same people as the government and parroting everything the government said then maybe they would have the moral authority to speak up without sounding like hypocrites.
Thats the real shame of this situation, Howards got the ALP painted in and just as culpable as his lot are. That means the only opposing voices can be isolated and marginalised instantly with cheap debating points before their arguments can take on any resonance.

Someone once said that it doesn't really matter who you vote for.....a politician always wins.

A friend of mine is a swinging voter - his decision at elections is typically made on the basis of the length of time a government has been in power.
He considers that 1 term is not long enough to do anything worthwhile.
And by the time a government is pursuing a third term, they are corrupt.
Consequently, for him its two terms and they are out.

So his contention is that all politicans will be corrupted by the system given enough exposure to the power of government. His view is that this is often not deliberate, nor is it a question of the big "corrupt" deal. Rather its small incremental steps toward corruption as encumbent ministers are lobbied by interest groups.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back