Autopsy Royal Commission into Alex Rance

Does Rance play within the rules?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how every time the umpire doesn't see the game through the eyes of a fan its cheating.

Rance is a legit superstar.

Pathetic OP, and i'd like to think he doesn't speak for most Geelong fans. Rance deserves to be the first one million dollar a season defender. Best FB i've seen since Silvangi.

When comparing defenders of different eras you must also look at the forwards they were on. Silvagni lined up against some of the best forwards of all time in Dunstall, Carey, Ablett and Lockett. There are no forwards in todays game who even come close to those 4. Rance is good but doesn't come close to SOS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine how good he would be if he was actually allowed to chop the arms.
He uses his body (mostly his chest) to push players. Its a fine line but its within the rules.
Best Richmond player that I've ever seen by far.
What are you like 12 years old?
Bartlett, Hart, Clay, Richo. .........etc say hello

so Selwood running in leading with his head and flapping his arms around squealing for a free kick isn't cheating either... pls

It's a ridiculous thread, of course, but worth mentioning that Geelong is the only team Alex Rance has never won against. With Rance in the side, Richmond has beaten every other team in the league at least three times.
You might be onto something! 10 premierships without him but 0 with him -> trade

You might be onto something! 10 premierships without him but 0 with him -> trade

I'm merely pointing out that Geelong supporters would have less reason than any other supporters in the league to be bitter about how Alex Rance plays the game, because it's never got Richmond over the line against the Cats.

Rance is a fantastic player and Geelong's tactics and the performance of our key forwards, were far more irritating to me on Sunday than Rance's. Why you wouldn't just sacrifice Hawkins completely, by making him lead constantly and then kicking it to him if Rance doesn't go to him, or kicking it to the other key forward (leading in the opposite direction) if Rance does follow Hawkins, I'll never understand. There's not much that you can do to stop a great key defender from beating his man, but you can stop him from being the best player on the ground, if you really try.

I think Rance plays outside of the rules. One day he will seriously injure someone. I see it with my own two eyes, and it is just a matter of time. Some call it good defending - and they are entitled to that view - but I call it dangerous play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back