The Law Royal Commission into Child Abuse

Remove this Banner Ad

• Admin
"It was such a shock when we found out what had happened to Emma, and 15 months later what had happened to Katie," she said

"Abuse is such a weak word because we are talking about the rape of little children.

"Emma was in prep, Katie was in prep or grade one - from that age, and not just a one-off, but for years.

"These were little innocent children and at the time when Emma disclosed she was only 13."

Mr and Mrs Foster say when they first confronted the church, their daughters were accused of making up the stories for money.

"There was a dismissive approach from the church," Mr Foster said.

"[Sydney Archbishop] George Pell phoned us and said 'We won't believe any of this, it's all gossip until proven in court'," he said.

"Just an incredible attitude... and we subsequently came to find out that the Catholic Church knew about our daughters' perpetuators back in the 1950s and had covered him up."
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-11-13/victims-react-to-royal-commission-announcement/4368200

It is becoming less clear to me how Pell can escape prison time for these crimes.

The guy is slime.

Mmmmmmmm ... Latika.

I was an altar boy whilst Ridsdale was Parish Priest - at age 10 or 11 you knew not to get caught with him alone (despite having no idea what sexual abuse was). Unfortunately not all the lads were as lucky as I was.

It is inconceivable that people like Pell and Mulkearns did not know what was going on.

Mulkearns should be in jail for aiding and abetting a paedophile.

Pell is absolutely front and centre in this, he even turned up in court to support Ridsdale.

The Catholic Church in this country is a joke - I wait for the day that they find a loophole to sue them for all they are worth.

The Catholic Church in this country is a joke - I wait for the day that they find a loophole to sue them for all they are worth.

And so we begin - lets bash the Catholics (mind you, given there's a Royal Commission, best be wary of the accusations you make).

Chief, I know you'll be relishing this, but if you'll refrain from linking Australia's public broadcaster it might give your gloat a little more credibility.

As a mick, I hope all offenders get weeded out and prosecuted.

As a citizen, I welcome a broad ranged RC.

And so we begin - lets bash the Catholics (mind you, given there's a Royal Commission, best be wary of the accusations you make).

Chief, I know you'll be relishing this, but if you'll refrain from linking Australia's public broadcaster it might give your gloat a little more credibility.

Given my experience, I reckon I'm entitled to have a go at them as the lives ruined by these scum and the hierachy that enabled him to be recycled around the country need to be held to account and the poor victims compensated for the unspeakable acts that were allowed to occur because they failed to do the right thing.

Their was a moral and legal duty to take these offences to the police - instead they hid them and allowed it to continue - how holy is that?

how holy is that?

Like I said, and I've no reson to doubt you, I welcome prosecutions.

And I also welcome prosecutions in all other institutions that, hopefully, will be investigated.

I'm just saying that you best take your evidence/accusations to a better forum than BigFooty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You mean... the ABC whose efforts in publicising the issue and giving the whistle blowers a voice helped get this commission started? You're joking, right?

Thankfully they have included all institutions. Police, religious etc.

Hopefully this will put a dent in the problem of cover-ups. I am not sure whether it will save any kids in future but if you strengthen these institutions by removing the offenders and their facilitators it's a step in the right direction.

You mean... the ABC whose efforts in publicising the issue and giving the whistle blowers a voice helped get this commission started? You're joking, right?

Thankfully they have included all institutions. Police, religious etc.

Hopefully this will put a dent in the problem of cover-ups. I am not sure whether it will save any kids in future but if you strengthen these institutions by removing the offenders and their facilitators it's a step in the right direction.

No, I mean the ABC who relished the witch hunt they are setting out on (Lateline/7.30/The Drum).

No, they haven't included all institutions as far as I can infer.

It's targeted, with tokens thrown in. I've already heard that people are thinking this was related to the Church:

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...its-more-charges/story-e6frg13u-1226502414703

This is why the RC has to be very careful in what it does and doesn't look in to.

No, I mean the ABC who relished the witch hunt they are setting out on (Lateline/7.30/The Drum).

No, they haven't included all institutions as far as I can infer.

It's targeted, with tokens thrown in. I've already heard that people are thinking this was related to the Church:

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...its-more-charges/story-e6frg13u-1226502414703

This is why the RC has to be very careful in what it does and doesn't look in to.

You are entitled to your opinion...but this is not a witch hunt...it's hopefully justice for the victims - looking at as if the church is the victim is bizarre - if you only knew of the damage inflicted.....

http://www.standard.net.au/news/local-news/?page=2

looking at as if the church is the victim is bizarre

That statement is bizarre. I welcome a Royal Commission into child sex abuse. The church is but one part of the problem. A royal Commission without proper terms of reference will be a joke - and I fully expect that from this Government.

Pell went straight to the Alan Jones playbook today, made out as if he and the church were the victims in all of this. Made me proud that my old Nan managed to get herself excommunicated from that lot back in the 1950's.

Good ol' Nan.

A victim as in being singled out amongst various guilty parties to what is human nature or should I say institutional behavior. not a victim of being attacked by a bully.

The term witch hunt would not be relevant, there was a evil purpose to christian armies (still goes on in Kenya) conducting witch hunts. They wanted the land and the recouces and to erase the history of the pagans and heathens so there good little book was not found out. Witch hunts were actually genocidal acts. Some people find that term as a racially charged term and some go as far as saying we don't have sayings about train rides to ovens in Poland.

Pell went straight to the Alan Jones playbook today, made out as if he and the church were the victims in all of this. Made me proud that my old Nan managed to get herself excommunicated from that lot back in the 1950's.

Just on this again (not Nan), around 25% of Australia's population identified themselves as Catholic in the last census. This is why Gillard better be very careful in how the terms of reference are targetted.

Pell's call for a % of catholic victims versus victims overall will be relevant.

That statement is bizarre.
Well, when you're calling it a witch-hunt when everyone knows the church actively covered for sex abusers to the point of finding fresh communities for them to destroy then it kinda looks like you're making out that the church is the victim of unfairness.

If it were any other organisation the leader would have been shown the door by now. Instead we have the amazing situation where the person who stood by abusers and ignored complaints (ringing at least one family to tell them nothing would come of their daughters complaints) is waving around a booklet as if he's the hero of the story!

Okay.

The catholic church are very shrewd operators. They haven't survived this long because of luck.

Exhibit A

Just on this again (not Nan), around 25% of Australia's population identified themselves as Catholic in the last census. This is why Gillard better be very careful in how the terms of reference are targetted.

Pell's call for a % of catholic victims versus victims overall will be relevant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back