The Law Royal Commission into Child Abuse

Remove this Banner Ad

Further to this though, why are there still members of this church given what the churchgoers know? When do their principles kick in?

Just like with members of political parties, when does a member say “enough is enough”?

Not trying to be funny, but, when they die. Just that they won't be replaced by the next generation.

We should stop thinking religious people in general care about principles, it's about using their religion to suit their own selfish needs.

Church goers aren't gonna confront their church when they themselves are comfortable inside it, as long as these people get what they want, they couldn't care less even if the church eats babies

We have to stop treating church goers as poor people who are misled, you think none of these people ever knew what the priests were doing? If the victims felt like their congregation would help them with their abuse they didn't need to hide

Well it definitely seems immoral when a person has moral values dictated to them by a figurehead who covers up child molestation. I would have thought this would have been a tipping point.

Random Catholic - “Abortion... hmmm... nah this doesn’t quite cut it, still a proud Catholic”

“Gay marriage... hmmm... nah still not enough to affect my views, still a proud Catholic”

“Covering up child molestation...”

Not trying to be funny, but, when they die. Just that they won't be replaced by the next generation.

But still makes you wonder about the people in power, it’s not just the church leaders and worshippers who enable and encourage this. Country leaders knowingly allow this filth in their country. Education licence providers (if such a organisation exists) still knowingly allow these organisations to teach children. When do we hear “no”?

Well it definitely seems immoral when a person has moral values dictated to them by a figurehead who covers up child molestation. I would have thought this would have been a tipping point.

Random Catholic - “Abortion... hmmm... nah this doesn’t quite cut it, still a proud Catholic”

“Gay marriage... hmmm... nah still not enough to affect my views, still a proud Catholic”

But still makes you wonder about the people in power, it’s not just the church leaders and worshippers who enable and encourage this. Country leaders knowingly allow this filth in their country. Education licence providers (if such a organisation exists) still knowingly allow these organisations to teach children. When do we hear “no”?

Unfortunately politicians benefit from pandering to religious people, just for their votes alone. The easiest way to win votes is pandering to the biggest religions. It's a you scratch my back I scratch yours situation. Religion will continually receive special treatment with no real repercussions

Same with educators, if they're getting funds then they're fine with it.

Basically we should treat organised religion as no different to any other evil corrupt capitalist corporation, don't let them fool you with their spiritual bullshit

The only way for religion to go away is for the younger generation to wake up to it and stop going

Basically we should treat organised religion as no different to any other evil corrupt capitalist corporation, don't let them fool you with their spiritual bullshit
The Church is worse as they use their spiritual bullshit as an excuse for being campaigners. At least I know corporations are only interested in profits.

Unfortunately politicians benefit from pandering to religious people, just for their votes alone. The easiest way to win votes is pandering to the biggest religions. It's a you scratch my back I scratch yours situation. Religion will continually receive special treatment with no real repercussions

The only way for religion to go away is for the younger generation to wake up to it and stop going

Yeah, but I know that, you know that, where is the accountability and responsibility, has society become that much of a joke? (Rhetorical Question)

We should stop thinking religious people in general care about principles, it's about using their religion to suit their own selfish needs.

Church goers aren't gonna confront their church when they themselves are comfortable inside it, as long as these people get what they want, they couldn't care less even if the church eats babies

We have to stop treating church goers as poor people who are misled, you think none of these people ever knew what the priests were doing? If the victims felt like their congregation would help them with their abuse they didn't need to hide

The vast majority of "religious" people simply pay lip service to their parents beliefs and they theirs.
Not many ahve any real conviction until someone wants to do something which does not align fully with the doctrine of their leaders. Then they are staunch for that brief discussion, then immediately back to not even giving their religion a second thought.

Judgement Day for the Catholic Church and others of its ilk who have used the law to hide and obfuscate those who seek to expose them for what they are. Civil Cases are moving through the system that will NOT be settled out of court. Once a precedent is set it is side away. More importantly in Victoria both sides of the political spectrum are looking at legal amendments that will set aside deeds signed by victims with both hands tied behind their backs. Once the former happens it will be a rush to Courts. Sadly for some it will be too late...an ex teammate of mine killed himself a few weeks back, a victim of Ridsdale as well, signed a hush deed - he left a note - signing the deed and being silenced pushed him over the edge. Defenders of the Catholic Church - defend that. Despite all that we know the rats of the Church in the Diocese of Ballarat are running around trying to find victims now and sign them out, without legal advice to "minimise the damage" - How very Christian of them.. campaignerS

The big picture here is that this abhorrent behaviour still happens in our homes today. They can’t draw the line at Churches or these types of institutions when Mr Smith down the road is still abusing his child. The Royal Commission was an important step to highlight the prevalence of abuse of children that were either institutionalised (orphanages and such) or within educational facilities and treated appallingly by people they should have been able to trust. Unfortunately it stopped short of addressing the even worse problem for the many, many children who experienced this in their own family home.

I reckon that's already happening. Though you have to hand it to them, they start the brainwashing from baptism basically, and it kicks in from grade prep.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back