Current Royal Commission into gangland convictions on tainted evidence & police corruption

shellyg

Community Leader
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Thread starter Moderator #501
Havent they got the timing wrong?

2 dates stood out

2004 - Veniaimin killed

2005 Lawyer X agreed to be a police informant
She was registered as a police informant then, it's my understanding she was informing as an unregistered source prior to that. When the willing Veniamin was killed, her chances of being shot for it were probably considerably lessened.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GreyCrow

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Redskins , White Sox
She was registered as a police informant then, it's my understanding she was informing as an unregistered source prior to that. When the willing Veniamin was killed, her chances of being shot for it were probably considerably lessened.
I understand that and accept that but the article conveniently left it out.

shellyg

Community Leader
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Thread starter Moderator #503
I understand that and accept that but the article conveniently left it out.
Daily Tele :laughing:

I can't see who authored that article, it's a big job trying to put the whole saga into something coherent it's so complicated. Anthony Dowsley seems to be across is better than anybody else I've seen.

Edit: And Herald Sun. Author was Mark Butler.

petedavo

Team Captain
AFL Club
West Coast
Prior to VicPol obtaining Legal Advice?
This could possibly be quite significant, if your assumption is correct.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

shellyg

Community Leader
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Thread starter Moderator #505
Prior to VicPol obtaining Legal Advice?
This could possibly be quite significant, if your assumption is correct.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk
Veniamin was killed in March 2004, so his visit to Lawyer X accusing her of being too close to the police was prior. He may as well have just called her for an informant then. Then there's the tapes Heliotis refers to in this piece here, where Roberta accuses Lawyer X of informing to the police. It might be interesting to see what date that was.
foleys.png

It would also be interesting to find out when she started the affair with the senior police officer who was close to Overland.

AFL Club
North Melbourne
Was having drinks with a journo mate who has been deeply involved in all this last night and the question came up of what would have happened had they broken the suppression order to name Lawyer X.

This person's view was that they individually would have got at least six months jail, quite likely more, and in an "arrested in a dawn raid, charged, hauled before a magistrate and refused bail" way, and their paper fined pretty much into extinction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sprockets

Club Legend
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
The next installment of that crap should only feature bent coppers..............but as usual it won't.
Too late now in this case but the RC should have been widened into an in-depth RC re the force on the whole. Quotas... is usually denied.....

"The report says unrealistic targets led officers to alter figures for preliminary breath tests, with the subsequent lower number of drink-drivers seen as proof the "don't drink-drive" message was working."

https://www.news.com.au/national/br...d/news-story/3ff7809ec35dceeb674046a342292ab0

Snake_Baker

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Pfffft, as if!
Too late now in this case but the RC should have been widened into an in-depth RC re the force on the whole. Quotas... is usually denied.....
I was referring to the "lawyer X" scenario.

The RC is not meant to get to the bottom of anything. It's designed to stall the release of prisoners affected by this in order to "P.R." the situation, and to grant the impression of independent judicial imprimatur to a cover up. It's a charade.This whole thing will play out as a "systematic" issue, so that no government related figure takes a fall. I suspect they will utilise "The gangland wars" as an excuse for "taking unusual measures" and the whole thing will get put to bed. No copper that instigated a perversion of justice will ever see the inside of a courtroom and neither will "lawyer X". Incarcerated persons affected by this will get releasaed via a government order (attorney-general), rather than a court proceeding, along with a large non disclosure payment in order to keep the matter suppressed.

shellyg

Community Leader
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Thread starter Moderator #522
Not sure, given that letter she wrote in particular asking for another payment and boasting in detail of how many she put away and how much money was confiscated, they can keep her out of the box at the RC. But I'll bet they try.

Top Bottom