Current Royal Commission into gangland convictions on tainted evidence & police corruption

sprockets

Premiership Player
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Thanks for that Petedavo, watching them now.

Just when you start thinking (not really) that Hodson might not have been all that bad his daughter tells us she and her sister first had speed that was fed to them by her dad and that she traces her drug habit back to that. Absolute scum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

shellyg

Spec Moderator
Dec 27, 2016
No Surrender
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Charlie Bezzina on Gobby in the doccy part 2 "She's thrown her illustrious career out the door. It doesn't make sense."

Gobbo was an informant for fifteen years. I overheard a conversation at a function in another state sitting on a table of criminal lawyers around the time Mokbel had been extradited back from Greece, there was a discussion about the dramas in Melbourne. One of them said something and everyone paled in shock but I hadn't heard exactly what he said so I asked 'what did he just say?' and it was explained to me that a law had been passed essentially that was 'by any and every means available' to lock the people involved up. It was a pass to break any law to get it done.

I don't know if that makes sense but it is what I was told and I can't remember the EXACT words. A lawyer might be able to say if this is possible and that's why Gobbo and senior police did what they did?

shellyg

Spec Moderator
Dec 27, 2016
No Surrender
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The real identities of Gobbo's handlers was sent in an email to the lawyers of her former clients. While the RC position is that the email wasn't sent accidentally but that "The commission presently considers the recipients were entitled to receive the information on the confidential basis on which it was provided."

Police, transparently desperate though are using what they consider to be a breach to demand the Royal Commission be closed to the public.

The email would be sent whether the Royal Commission was closed to the public or not!

sprockets

Premiership Player
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
The real identities of Gobbo's handlers was sent in an email to the lawyers of her former clients. While the RC position is that the email wasn't sent accidentally but that "The commission presently considers the recipients were entitled to receive the information on the confidential basis on which it was provided."

Police, transparently desperate though are using what they consider to be a breach to demand the Royal Commission be closed to the public.

The email would be sent whether the Royal Commission was closed to the public or not!

Bit rich coming from VicPol.

shellyg

Spec Moderator
Dec 27, 2016
No Surrender
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

skipper kelly

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 29, 2003
far queue
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
NSW Blues
Why Skipper? They're just doing their job as cops?

We've known who informants handlers have been previously.
It's a dangerous business. Could identifying handlers have a flow on effect to identifying other legitimate informants? There are a huge amounts of reasons why these things are kept secret. These aren't the people that recruited or authorised the use of major informants, these are the handlers. Once their identity is known then they are no longer handlers. If handlers are misusing their positions then obviously they get dealt with, but just a blanket list of handlers identities is dangerous to all concerned. It is not even necessary to perform the duties of the RC. Redacting identities does not change the evidence.

Crimewavex

Debutant
Dec 10, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not a problem,
Traglia also have information about Paul Kallipolitis’ murder which also resulted in Orman being charged as the getaway driver for Veniamin but that was dropped right after Orman was sent to jail actually.

I believe the Pierce trial/result was under suppression until the Kallipolitis matter was dealt with.

Crimewavex

Debutant
Dec 10, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Next question is how much $$$ with he get..
the Foxtel doco was really good.. very informative
At least a million you would think,
The drug cook who is possibly next in line is going for a million and Orman has served a much higher sentence so I’d think he would pocket a nice amount.

Al

shellyg

Spec Moderator
Dec 27, 2016
No Surrender
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He hasn't come out of prison bitter and angry. Most people who didn't commit the crime would be. Why isn't he? I think we know why.
How do you know that sprockets? He was crying, relief likely. In the eyes of the law now he didn't do it and that's what counts. imo.

Anyhooo fwiw I couldn't be sure he was guilty but I'm pretty sure he was set up.

shellyg

Spec Moderator
Dec 27, 2016
No Surrender
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Next question is how much $$$ with he get..
the Foxtel doco was really good.. very informative
You could expect $1m plus but I think he'll get at least $2.8m in the circumstances and taking into consideration the amount of time in jail. He'll ask for double that.

A guy in WA was recently awarded $1.3m for a wrongful conviction and he only did 5 years. Pleaded guilty as well to the lesser charge of manslaughter.

Top Bottom