Current Royal Commission into Lawyer X gangland convictions on tainted evidence & police corruption

Remove this Banner Ad

What a duck up! The next instalment of Underbelly will be compelling viewing.

The next installment of that crap should only feature bent coppers..............but as usual it won't.

The next installment of that crap should only feature bent coppers..............but as usual it won't.
Too late now in this case but the RC should have been widened into an in-depth RC re the force on the whole. Quotas... is usually denied.....

"The report says unrealistic targets led officers to alter figures for preliminary breath tests, with the subsequent lower number of drink-drivers seen as proof the "don't drink-drive" message was working."

https://www.news.com.au/national/br...d/news-story/3ff7809ec35dceeb674046a342292ab0

Too late now in this case but the RC should have been widened into an in-depth RC re the force on the whole. Quotas... is usually denied.....

I was referring to the "lawyer X" scenario.

The RC is not meant to get to the bottom of anything. It's designed to stall the release of prisoners affected by this in order to "P.R." the situation, and to grant the impression of independent judicial imprimatur to a cover up. It's a charade.This whole thing will play out as a "systematic" issue, so that no government related figure takes a fall. I suspect they will utilise "The gangland wars" as an excuse for "taking unusual measures" and the whole thing will get put to bed. No copper that instigated a perversion of justice will ever see the inside of a courtroom and neither will "lawyer X". Incarcerated persons affected by this will get releasaed via a government order (attorney-general), rather than a court proceeding, along with a large non disclosure payment in order to keep the matter suppressed.

There will be no prisoner release from police moral insobriety.

Absolute extremity will be one release in this storm in a tea cup

So confident Melsy.

Daniel Andrews has already said there will be and to prepare for compensation payouts.

Looking forward to seeing how many will get off. Im going looking for his expert opinion now.

"As a result, the Office of Public Prosecutions can now notify underworld figures, including Mokbel and associated drug trafficker Rob Karam, that their lawyer was a police informer.
Those criminals could appeal their convictions and could walk out of jail or have sentences reduced."

"police had used Informer 3838 during a "desperate and dangerous" time when Melbourne's gangland war was putting the community at significant risk.

"Melbourne was in the grip of what is now widely known as the gangland wars," Mr Ashton said."

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/...ssion-into-informer-3838-20181203-p50jvn.html

This is the bullshit they will feed the public to cover up what are institutionalized corrupt practices.

The Commission will bring it all out. So far, its just speculation. Even Andrews couldn't categorically tell you anything right now.

It is still being spun. What you want it to be and what it is, are two different things.

The Commission will bring it all out.

LOL, no it won't, it will get buried inside the RC as a "systematic error" that was seen as the necassary price to pay for the "gangland war".

BTW, Andrews knows very well what went down. It's all getting PR'd right now to avoid bureaucratic carnage and staining of VicPol.

We'll wait and see what happens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL, no it won't, it will get buried inside the RC as a "systematic error" that was seen as the necassary price to pay for the "gangland war".

BTW, Andrews knows very well what went down. It's all getting PR'd right now to avoid bureaucratic carnage and staining of VicPol.

You might want to take that to the conspiracy thread

It's not conspiracy Melsy. Snake and I don't get along very well but he's largely right here. imo.

There's also bigger things at risk than Vic Police reputation though, which is one of the reasons why I think they're going to have to take the fall even if the fall is a soft one.

You don't reckon the cops will be 'PR'ing' Andrews with their spin? Cmon. No-one who wasn't there knows exactly what has happened, all they'll know for sure is that LawyerX has informed against her clients.

You don't reckon the cops will be 'PR'ing' Andrews with their spin? Cmon. No-one who wasn't there knows exactly what has happened, all they'll know for sure is that LawyerX has informed against her clients.

BTW after closely following the hatchet job the Special Commission (pretty much an RC) did on NSW greyhound racing I agree that a RC won't necessarily get to the truth.

You don't reckon the cops will be 'PR'ing' Andrews with their spin?

They can only spin it so much, and the Premier can open a lot of doors they would like to keep shut.

I'm not having a crack at Andrews here, he just happens to be the Premier when this scandal couldn't be contained any longer.

BTW after closely following the hatchet job the Special Commission (pretty much an RC) did on NSW greyhound racing I agree that a RC won't necessarily get to the truth.

A famous old saying in political circles is "if you want to bury something, have a Royal Commission"

Do you want to know what the public release of this will look like? It will look something like this:

1548393249752.png

They can only spin it so much, and the Premier can open a lot of doors they would like to keep shut.

I'm not having a crack at Andrews here, he just happens to be the Premier when this scandal couldn't be contained any longer.
Well...
It's all getting PR'd right now to avoid bureaucratic carnage and staining of VicPol.
1548393249752-png.610611

If they get to the truth and appropriate action is taken I don't care which bits are redacted.

Last edited:

Well.............what do you expect the State Premier to do? Put Lawyer X in the box and have her spill her guts about all the sordid dealings? Imprison several senior members of VicPol?

Do you remember what happened in Marijancevic, when it was revealed that VicPol were not properly applying search warrants? The entire StKilda Rd CIB got in line behind the two offending policeman and claimed they were all carrying out the same practices! The Supreme court then put a bandaid over Judge Montgomery's ruling and the Victorian Parliament promptly passed legislation deeming that all unlawful unsworn affadavits were now deemed to be properly sworn!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The same will happen with this, a big swathe of VicPol will put their hands up and claim they were all involved in it, due to "the gangland war" (when in fact, it's been common practice for decades upon decades), and Andrews will be left with the choice of imprisoning a solid chunk of his experienced police detectives or burying the matter, and releasing prisoners, no doubt with payments to buy their silence.

This is how things are done in the state of Victoria. It's how they've always been done.

What we're actually seeing now is in all likelihood the exposure of a criminal conspiracy and they were up to their necks in it.
It does not get any clearer or damning when the High Court is on the record to saying each conviction was corrupt and the justice system was debased. It is unprecedented. The High Court has the last say, it's essentially already over.

It's that bad it puts WA to shame. How embarrassing.

Well.............what do you expect the State Premier to do? Put Lawyer X in the box and have her spill her guts about all the sordid dealings? Imprison several senior members of VicPol?

Do you remember what happened in Marijancevic, when it was revealed that VicPol were not properly applying search warrants? The entire StKilda Rd CIB got in line behind the two offending policeman and claimed they were all carrying out the same practices! The Supreme court then put a bandaid over Judge Montgomery's ruling and the Victorian Parliament promptly passed legislation deeming that all unlawful unsworn affadavits were now deemed to be properly sworn!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The same will happen with this, a big swathe of VicPol will put their hands up and claim they were all involved in it, due to "the gangland war" (when in fact, it's been common practice for decades upon decades), and Andrews will be left with the choice of imprisoning a solid chunk of his experienced police detectives or burying the matter, and releasing prisoners, no doubt with payments to buy their silence.

This is how things are done in the state of Victoria. It's how they've always been done.
The Premier won't be in any position to put people in the box or in any position to imprison people. You always seem to be 'educating' people here like we're all kids with no experience of life and it gets tedious. Your opinions are your opinions. Some I agree with and some I don't. Predict what will happen all you like, but it's 100% pointless because it may or may not happen and even if all appropriate punishments are dished out you'll still be in here whining that things were covered up and that cops are crooks and crims are innocent. It takes a LOT for me to like a Melsy post but he was right, it belongs on the conspiracy board.

I don't have a problem with Andrews, it seems he's come in on the tail end of problems caused by others and at least he's doing what's expected. As for the police, let's hope they get what's coming, but nothing you or I do will ensure that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back