Current Royal Commission into Lawyer X gangland convictions on tainted evidence & police corruption

Remove this Banner Ad

It's all about Rule of Law vs Justice.
Rule of Law is derivative. Justice is not. Rule of Law ameliorates the capricious nature of Justice, to limit false allegations, mob vigilantism to promote settlement of the Law upon fair and equitable terms. Abuse of the Rule of Law must never be countenanced lest we all lose protection that it affords against capricious Justice.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

It's all about Rule of Law vs Justice.
Rule of Law is derivative. Justice is not. Rule of Law ameliorates the capricious nature of Justice, to limit false allegations, mob vigilantism to promote settlement of the Law upon fair and equitable terms. Abuse of the Rule of Law must never be countenanced lest we all lose protection that it affords against capricious Justice.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Righto Rumpole ;)

Several times on the Sky special it was stated that Gobbo's fingerprints were all over the Hodson's murders. This clip is referring to failure to follow through on evidence against Paul Dale and then suing the Victoria Police for $3 million.

Several times on the Sky special it was stated that Gobbo's fingerprints were all over the Hodson's murders. This clip is referring to failure to follow through on evidence against Paul Dale and then suing the Victoria Police for $3 million.

Ah, I wish I had Foxtel to watch this 2 part series!

The Hodson daughters claim it was Nicola Gobbo who put their parents in danger, causing them to be gunned down inside their Melbourne home. Charlie Bezzina appears here as well.

The Hodson daughters claim it was Nicola Gobbo who put their parents in danger, causing them to be gunned down intside their Melbourne home. Charlie Bezzina appears here as well.

Maybe, but the Hodsons put themselves in danger as well, firstly by getting involved in the drug trade, among other things, and secondly by becoming informer/s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This becomes VicPols other problem. At what level are they complicit ( if at all) in some of the actions of individuals

IMO the underbelly war wouldn't have been a war at all had the cops not involved themselves in the conspiracy to manufacture meth by selling the precursor via their 'chemical diversion program' to competing interests and flooding the streets with it.

It can't be done in large quantities without it. Four Corners should do a doccy on that.

IMO the underbelly war wouldn't have been a war at all had the cops not involved themselves in the conspiracy to manufacture meth by selling the precursor via their 'chemical diversion program' to competing interests and flooding the streets with it.

It can't be done in large quantities without it. Four Corners should do a doccy on that.
Four corners did do one that was called “the speed trap” back in 04 if I recall correctly.

I think there is a transcript floating around on their website but there’s zero footage of it out there and it wasn’t allowed to be screened within Victoria at the time.

Last edited:
Four corners did do one that was called “the speed trap” back in 04 if I recall correctly.

I think there is a transcript floating around on their website but there’s zero footage of it out there and it wasn’t allowed to be screened within Victoria at the time.

Vague recollection now but I didn't see it. Thanks, I'll have a look for the transcript.

Vague recollection now but I didn't see it. Thanks, I'll have a look for the transcript.
Absolutely one documentary I’d love to see,
It reminds me of the interview Andrew Fraser did with Andrew Denton that was not allowed to be screened and you cannot find the transcript anywhere.

Thanks for that Petedavo, watching them now.

Just when you start thinking (not really) that Hodson might not have been all that bad his daughter tells us she and her sister first had speed that was fed to them by her dad and that she traces her drug habit back to that. Absolute scum.

Charlie Bezzina on Gobby in the doccy part 2 "She's thrown her illustrious career out the door. It doesn't make sense."

Gobbo was an informant for fifteen years. I overheard a conversation at a function in another state sitting on a table of criminal lawyers around the time Mokbel had been extradited back from Greece, there was a discussion about the dramas in Melbourne. One of them said something and everyone paled in shock but I hadn't heard exactly what he said so I asked 'what did he just say?' and it was explained to me that a law had been passed essentially that was 'by any and every means available' to lock the people involved up. It was a pass to break any law to get it done.

I don't know if that makes sense but it is what I was told and I can't remember the EXACT words. A lawyer might be able to say if this is possible and that's why Gobbo and senior police did what they did?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back