Current Royal Commission into Lawyer X gangland convictions on tainted evidence & police corruption

The real identities of Gobbo's handlers was sent in an email to the lawyers of her former clients. While the RC position is that the email wasn't sent accidentally but that "The commission presently considers the recipients were entitled to receive the information on the confidential basis on which it was provided."

Police, transparently desperate though are using what they consider to be a breach to demand the Royal Commission be closed to the public.

The email would be sent whether the Royal Commission was closed to the public or not!

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
The real identities of Gobbo's handlers was sent in an email to the lawyers of her former clients. While the RC position is that the email wasn't sent accidentally but that "The commission presently considers the recipients were entitled to receive the information on the confidential basis on which it was provided."

Police, transparently desperate though are using what they consider to be a breach to demand the Royal Commission be closed to the public.

The email would be sent whether the Royal Commission was closed to the public or not!

Bit rich coming from VicPol.

Faruk Orman is free.

It's just a matter of how much money we have to pay him for this substantial miscarriage of justice now I suppose.

Sep 29, 2003
far queue
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
NSW Blues
Why Skipper? They're just doing their job as cops?

We've known who informants handlers have been previously.

It's a dangerous business. Could identifying handlers have a flow on effect to identifying other legitimate informants? There are a huge amounts of reasons why these things are kept secret. These aren't the people that recruited or authorised the use of major informants, these are the handlers. Once their identity is known then they are no longer handlers. If handlers are misusing their positions then obviously they get dealt with, but just a blanket list of handlers identities is dangerous to all concerned. It is not even necessary to perform the duties of the RC. Redacting identities does not change the evidence.

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
I remember Mick Gatto having a fundraising dinner for Faruk and from memory raised over $100k.

Just keep your mouth shut Faruk.

Crimewavex

Debutant
Dec 10, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not a problem,
Traglia also have information about Paul Kallipolitis’ murder which also resulted in Orman being charged as the getaway driver for Veniamin but that was dropped right after Orman was sent to jail actually.

I believe the Pierce trial/result was under suppression until the Kallipolitis matter was dealt with.

Crimewavex

Debutant
Dec 10, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Next question is how much $$$ with he get..
the Foxtel doco was really good.. very informative
At least a million you would think,
The drug cook who is possibly next in line is going for a million and Orman has served a much higher sentence so I’d think he would pocket a nice amount.

Al

sprockets

Cancelled
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
It's just a matter of how much money we have to pay him for this substantial miscarriage of justice now I suppose.
He hasn't come out of prison bitter and angry. Most people who didn't commit the crime would be. Why isn't he? I think we know why.

sprockets

Cancelled
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
This case is now like two wrongs making a right. They don't and they never will.

He hasn't come out of prison bitter and angry. Most people who didn't commit the crime would be. Why isn't he? I think we know why.

How do you know that sprockets? He was crying, relief likely. In the eyes of the law now he didn't do it and that's what counts. imo.

Anyhooo fwiw I couldn't be sure he was guilty but I'm pretty sure he was set up.

Next question is how much $$$ with he get..
the Foxtel doco was really good.. very informative

You could expect $1m plus but I think he'll get at least $2.8m in the circumstances and taking into consideration the amount of time in jail. He'll ask for double that.

A guy in WA was recently awarded $1.3m for a wrongful conviction and he only did 5 years. Pleaded guilty as well to the lesser charge of manslaughter.

sprockets

Cancelled
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
How do you know that sprockets? He was crying, relief likely. In the eyes of the law now he didn't do it and that's what counts. imo.

Anyhooo fwiw I couldn't be sure he was guilty but I'm pretty sure he was set up.
That's incorrect. In the eyes of the law some of the evidence was gained unlawfully (was it unlawful or just unethical?). Was he in prison for that crime awaiting trial when he blabbed to another inmate he did it? You'd think that if he was in prison for that crime they'd have some pretty good evidence even without the blabbing.

Regardless of whether he was guilty in the eyes of the law the evidence says he did it. Just because the guy he told about it blabbed doesn't mean he didn't tell the guy. I don't believe he was set up - someone drove the car.

If the legal system wasn't trying to limit their costs he'd be retried. Do we know that isn't the case?

EDIT: Sorry, "How do I know he hasn't come out bitter and angry"? Because he said so in that article.

Last edited:
Regardless of whether he was guilty in the eyes of the law the evidence says he did it. Just because the guy he told about it blabbed doesn't mean he didn't tell the guy. I don't believe he was set up - someone drove the car.

They need to dispense with jailhouse snitches on agenda straight up imo.

I'd dispute the evidence said he did it sprockets which is why he's out. Tell me, in a past life were you the hanging judge? ;)

sprockets

Cancelled
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
They need to dispense with jailhouse snitches on agenda straight up imo.

I'd dispute the evidence said he did it sprockets which is why he's out. Tell me, in a past life were you the hanging judge? ;)
He's out because some of the evidence, which is actual evidence to everyone but the legal system, was gained unlawfully (or unethically) but he was in when he told the guy he did it. Why was he in in the first place? Would you accept that if the law was changed and unethically gained evidence was allowed in court, that he should have been found guilty?

I would have been a hanging judge, yes, for people proven guilty of heinous crimes. For example, I wouldn't hang you but you'd get a good, stern talking to.

Back