Current Royal Commission into Lawyer X gangland convictions on tainted evidence & police corruption

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Just curious Snake. Do you believe that these others did not know about Gobbo and her ilk?

They didn't know at the time obviously, but it became apparent to some when the staged performances finished.

I know that Gobbo & Vicpol's corrupt relationship has been commonly acknowledged in the "underworld" for at least 8-9 years.

Crimewavex

Debutant
Dec 10, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
You are right, it can only be Traglia. Here is the sentencing report of Orman http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/viewdoc/au/cases/vic/VSC/2009/538.html and here is the Court of Appeal report http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/v...6.html?context=1;query=orman;mask_path=#fnB67
I went through and read these last night and the telephone intercepts were really interesting.
It certainly seems like Orman was the getaway driver but without Traglia it isn’t anywhere near strong enough to convict.

Four days into his new found freedom Faruk Orman has heard a policeman connected to Melbourne's 'Lawyer X' scandal deny the force's actions were "reprehensible".

Mr White (
of the source development unit) admitted he hadn't read the 11-page High Court judgment but passionately disputed the findings. :drunk:

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
He criticised the HC comment about 'reprehensible conduct'.......

........but then admitted he hadn't read the full judgments or seen the Comrie and Kellam reports. He had only seen a 2 page summary given to him by his lawyer. I don't get why he wouldn't have read them all including the redacted versions of the reports. Why would a lawyer not prepare their client better than that? It seemed weird to me.

C grade propagandizing.

Deflection 101.

The only skill where VicPol truly excel.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Four days into his new found freedom Faruk Orman has heard a policeman connected to Melbourne's 'Lawyer X' scandal deny the force's actions were "reprehensible".

Mr White (
of the source development unit) admitted he hadn't read the 11-page High Court judgment but passionately disputed the findings. :drunk:

VicPol source development unit = star chamber

Sep 29, 2003
far queue
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
NSW Blues
Snap skipper. I didn't see your post before I hit 'send' on mine.

Cheers shellyg. It was starting to get interesting then the old "This part of the hearing is closed to the public" came onto the screen. Has been the same since.

He was just starting to talk about a lost diary that the Comrie inquiriy might have when it went silent.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
He was just starting to talk about a lost diary that the Comrie inquiriy might have when it went silent.

They always seem to "lose" stuff when they are under intense scrutiny.

It just goes to highlight the lack of independent oversight of police power.

It wasn't just possible that what we are seeing would occur, it was inevitable.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I get that but seriously I could do a better job from the comforts of my mothers basement.

Don't make the assumption that many of these people have any level of competence.

When you spend 150 years of doing what you like without little external oversight, you would tend to get lazy and take things for granted.

Cheers shellyg. It was starting to get interesting then the old "This part of the hearing is closed to the public" came onto the screen. Has been the same since.

I checked in yesterday, they were at the part of shuffling pseudonyms again where IUD22 becomes R2D2 etc etc and McMurdo looked about at the end of her tether.

Sep 29, 2003
far queue
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
NSW Blues
They always seem to "lose" stuff when they are under intense scrutiny.

It just goes to highlight the lack of independent oversight of police power.

It wasn't just possible that what we are seeing would occur, it was inevitable.

I am agreeing with you snake but I am trying to look at it all objectively. My view is this RC does not have the resources or the powers to come up with anything other than BS recommendations. To do the job properly they basically have re assess the Comirie Report, Kellam Report and Champion Report as a start. That would take years. Nothing will happen other than a few 'escape goats'.

Sep 29, 2003
far queue
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
NSW Blues
Don't make the assumption that many of these people have any level of competence.

When you spend 150 years of doing what you like without little external oversight, you would tend to get lazy and take things for granted.

I also think that they know this is a toothless tiger and comments like he said yesterday will have no bearing on anything so why bother wasting time and doing proper research. I am moreso amazed that a lawyer would hand over a 2 page summary and think that is sufficient evidence for their client to make comments at a Royal Commission about a High Court judgement.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I also think that they know this is a toothless tiger and comments like he said yesterday will have no bearing on anything so why bother wasting time and doing proper research. I am moreso amazed that a lawyer would hand over a 2 page summary and think that is sufficient evidence for their client to make comments at a Royal Commission about a High Court judgement.

SK, if you go waaaaaay back in this discussion you will see that I predicted this would be nothing more than a sham.

The people who have been procedurally wronged will slip through the cracks that will be laid open for them, in a stage managed process that is designed to avoid the glare of the High Court, and not a single act of this systematic criminality will render a criminal charge upon a state agent.

I predict Karam will walk next, they will probably stage manage Cvetnovski by granting his earliest parole next year, then attempt to shut him down with a big compensation/non disclosure payout, then the bigger headline names like Mokbel/Barbaro etc., etc., will get reduced sentences.

Folks need to wake up to the fact that we live in an inherently corrupt state that puts on a play in the tabloid media in order to placate the gullible masses.

The state is a gang, and it will always protect its gangsters.

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
SK, if you go waaaaaay back in this discussion you will see that I predicted this would be nothing more than a sham.

The people who have been procedurally wronged will slip through the cracks that will be laid open for them, in a stage managed process that is designed to avoid the glare of the High Court, and not a single act of this systematic criminality will render a criminal charge upon a state agent.

I predict Karam will walk next, they will probably stage manage Cvetnovski by granting his earliest parole next year, then attempt to shut him down with a big compensation/non disclosure payout, then the bigger headline names like Mokbel/Barbaro etc., etc., will get reduced sentences.

Folks need to wake up to the fact that we live in an inherently corrupt state that puts on a play in the tabloid media in order to placate the gullible masses.

The state is a gang, and it will always protect its gangsters.
You've made predictions (well, you stated as fact) lots of things, some of which you got right and some you got wrong. Mokbel and Barbaro can't possibly get reduced sentences, they were found guilty of crimes and sentenced. The courts can't simply come out and now say 'Well they may not be guilty afterall so we'll reduce their sentences'. You sure you studied law?

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
You did snake. Personally, I had no idea that a Royal Commission did not have the powers it needs to properly investigate and expose. It's a shame really. I suppose the whole thing would fall over if from the Government down it could be truly investigated.

I predict one of the recommendations will be greater oversight of PII and disclosure as per the last paragraph of the submission by the Criminal Bar Association. (its on the website).
Royal commissions aren't all they're trumped up to be. Even this one has found that other lawyers are in Gobbo's position yet the Terms Of Reference haven't been changed to include them, even though they've been changed once already. They also don't have the powers of a normal, every day criminal trial. After all that it's then up to the government how much weight they put on the findings and take (or not take) action.

Back