Current Royal Commission into Lawyer X gangland convictions on tainted evidence & police corruption

Remove this Banner Ad

So says Sly.

The end game here is more than solving Mladenich's murder. Police have always believed if you crack that case the real motive and the real person behind the murder of Carl Williams will become crystal clear.

So says Sly.

The end game here is more than solving Mladenich's murder. Police have always believed if you crack that case the real motive and the real person behind the murder of Carl Williams will become crystal clear.

You know things are suspect when a StKilda Rd groupie like Silvester takes the safe route.

"Ivanovic’s involvement, if any, may well be a matter for the courts but what we do know is the Mladenich murder is a trapdoor into a dark pit filled with money, corruption and betrayal."

..........so why now? Folks with basic intelligence can work it out for themselves.

You know things are suspect when a StKilda Rd groupie like Silvester takes the safe route.

"Ivanovic’s involvement, if any, may well be a matter for the courts but what we do know is the Mladenich murder is a trapdoor into a dark pit filled with money, corruption and betrayal."

..........so why now? Folks with basic intelligence can work it out for themselves.

I THINK I know where they're going with this, anything could happen though. And probably will.

I THINK I know where they're going with this, anything could happen though. And probably will.

Could be a set up for bodies to again start dropping, so Vicpol can engineer yet another distraction, and remove some "problems" in the process.

Who knows who the RC has in it's sights? Mecitic's murder reeks of a pest removal killing.

Could be a set up for bodies to again start dropping, so Vicpol can engineer yet another distraction, and remove some "problems" in the process.

Who knows who the RC has in it's sights? Mecitic's murder reeks of a pest removal killing.

I think they're going for Paul Dale?

Ivanovic and Gobbo have got what they want imo.

Riiight ....

Underworld sources have told The Age the 44-year-old had been given money and a car upon his release, and had recently provided muscle for a prominent boxing promoter.

Victoria Police confirmed he was being questioned over the killing of Mladenich 19 years ago and allegations Ivanovic had recently been involved in cocaine trafficking and vehicle insurance fraud

In 2012, police charged Ivanovic with conspiring to kill Mick Gatto's then business partner Matt Tomas. The case was built, in part, on the testimony of a notorious police informer and client of Nicola Gobbo, the barrister at the centre of an ongoing royal commission.

Riiight ....

Underworld sources have told The Age the 44-year-old had been given money and a car upon his release, and had recently provided muscle for a prominent boxing promoter.

Victoria Police confirmed he was being questioned over the killing of Mladenich 19 years ago and allegations Ivanovic had recently been involved in cocaine trafficking and vehicle insurance fraud

In 2012, police charged Ivanovic with conspiring to kill Mick Gatto's then business partner Matt Tomas. The case was built, in part, on the testimony of a notorious police informer and client of Nicola Gobbo, the barrister at the centre of an ongoing royal commission.

Ivanovic sounds like a real angel according to his sister so I have no idea why police are picking on him.

Ivanovic sounds like a real angel according to his sister so I have no idea why police are picking on him.

The fact that he's a crim has ZERO to do with cops making false allegations that endanger peoples lives.

He isnt a nice person.

Why are they picking on him now? He's made claims against VicPol at the Royal Commission that he was falsely documented as a registered police informant which Paul Dale admits to doing. Paul Dale went on to exploit that trying to stand over Ivanovic. Like it was a joke. 'Cooperate or I show you up as a police informant. You die'.

Senior police also exploited that years later and released the information that he was a registered police informant.

Fish rots from the head down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess it's to their credit they sacked Paul Dale but they've had no success getting any charges to stick and after Dale admits to falsely registering Ivanovic as a police informant, senior police proceeded as if he was.

It's almost unbelievable.

Assume registered informants are paid? There must be records, right?

He isnt a nice person.

Why are they picking on him now? He's made claims against VicPol at the Royal Commission that he was falsely documented as a registered police informant which Paul Dale admits to doing. Paul Dale went on to exploit that trying to stand over Ivanovic. Like it was a joke. 'Cooperate or I show you up as a police informant. You die'.

Senior police also exploited that years later and released the information that he was a registered police informant.

Fish rots from the head down.
Yes we know they've been up to no good and we'll see what comes of it but they have every right to arrest and charge him with crimes if they have the evidence.

Yes we know they've been up to no good and we'll see what comes of it but they have every right to arrest and charge him with crimes if they have the evidence.

Okay but it's a lot of no good sprockets, it's hard not to be suspicious given what we know which is not even the half of it. We need better than this. imo

Yet you're not complaining about him being a career (major) crim.

Do you know that he's a "career" crim, or is that just some crap you read in an underbelly book, and now you pass yourself off as another armchair criminologist?

Do you know that he's a "career" crim, or is that just some crap you read in an underbelly book, and now you pass yourself off as another armchair criminologist?
Says you, the ultimate armchair expert LOL. So he doesn't have an extensive criminal history?

BTW I've never read the Underbelly books and you don't need to be a criminologist to know if someone's a career crim.

Okay but it's a lot of no good sprockets, it's hard not to be suspicious given what we know which is not even the half of it. We need better than this. imo

Yeah we do but we also need to charge and convict crims.

When you testify to destroying a document. And then it shows up in an email.

Supposedly-destroyed evidence showing double-crossing lawyer Nicola Gobbo's influence in a gangland murder case appears to have turned up in an email.

It comes after a detective told a royal commission into Victoria's 'Lawyer X' scandal that he destroyed a document, which has now turned up in an electronic cache.

According to the detective, the unsigned and draft statement from a hitman-turned-police informer was destroyed after the man altered his statement about whether the killing was planned.

The man's story - which implicated other crooks including prolific gangland killer Carl Williams - changed after his lawyer, Ms Gobbo, labelled it "ridiculous".

Does this Nicola Gobbo & co are proofing informant's statements, editing or rewriting them so the story makes sense and fits logically into the narrative?

They're cooked imo.

What is she doing advising police prosecution witnesses?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back