Current Royal Commission into Lawyer X gangland convictions on tainted evidence & police corruption

Pic of mokbel after stabbing

This is disgusting.

Bennett punches Mokbel's head and knocks him to the ground before Teuira pulls out an improvised weapon and stabs the prone drug lord.
"Teuira pulls a 'shiv' from his shorts and crouches over Mokbel and appears to be stabbing him in a frenzied motion up to seven times," prosecutor Kristie Churchill told the Victorian County Court.
During the stabbing the other man kicked Mokbel in the head three times and then retrieved another shiv and hit him in the upper body.
Several of Mokbel's teeth were knocked out in the assault and he was left with displacement of the brain, skull fractures and stab wounds.

Redacted

All Australian
Sep 16, 2019
Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Chief reporter for The Age on Twitter a few hours ago....
25e03b56590a8b9b385d84b483327184.jpg

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Tapatalk

It has been said. :loudspeaker:

"It began as highly irregular and unethical and deteriorated over a period of years to illegal and chaotic." - Sir Ken Jones

Sir Ken described using Ms Gobbo as an informer was an "industrial abuse of the criminal justice processes of Victoria".
He learned of it in 2010 and reported it to a senior judge and the state's ombudsman.
"I was doing what I could," he said.
"What that required, even then, was somebody to call for a royal commission. Pure and simple."
About the same time, Sir Ken said he received significant death threats and had a contract taken out on his life.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Sir Ken described using Ms Gobbo as an informer was an "industrial abuse of the criminal justice processes of Victoria".
He learned of it in 2010 and reported it to a senior judge and the state's ombudsman.
"I was doing what I could," he said.
"What that required, even then, was somebody to call for a royal commission. Pure and simple."
About the same time, Sir Ken said he received significant death threats and had a contract taken out on his life.

Okay, the OPI, VicPol, DPP and Ken bloody Jones all knew about this years ago AND DID NOTHING!

THE ENTIRE BLOODY SYSTEM IS CORRUPT!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, the OPI, VicPol, DPP and Ken bloody Jones all knew about this years ago AND DID NOTHING!

Ken Jones was making noise from about 2010 apparently. Problem is, nobody could do anything.

He learned of it in 2010 and
reported it to a senior judge and the state's ombudsman.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Ken Jones was making noise from about 2010 apparently. Problem is, nobody could do anything.

He learned of it in 2010 and
reported it to a senior judge and the state's ombudsman.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Righto, I got it.

I hope there's a revolt in the lower ranks. That might help restore some trust .... ooooh how do I start one?

The entire legal system requires a root & branch rebuild, complete with independent checks & balances.

VicPol has waaaaaay too much unchecked power, and the statutes need to be altered to facilitate greater defence disclosure powers. The Charter of Human Rights must also be expanded and have strict penalties included.

I mean, how can a ****ing Police Commissioner, A PUBLIC SERVANT, stone wall a Royal Commission??!!

How can the system get to the point where that can happen??!!

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
It's like some fairy land where (some) people think a police force is any different to the rest of society. Yeah 'should be' but in the real world it's 'can't be'.

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
The entire legal system requires a root & branch rebuild, complete with independent checks & balances.

VicPol has waaaaaay too much unchecked power, and the statutes need to be altered to facilitate greater defence disclosure powers. The Charter of Human Rights must also be expanded and have strict penalties included.

I mean, how can a ****ing Police Commissioner, A PUBLIC SERVANT, stone wall a Royal Commission??!!

How can the system get to the point where that can happen??!!
Because no one cares. System is rigged to the point everyone is exhausted and fighting to stay above water where their rights are just eroded.Dictatorship creeps in and under the auspices of democracy where people vote this s**t in.

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
How can they keep anybody Gobbo represented in prison now?

This could break our state. imo.
Because they are "bad" And law and order is what the public wants. Yet none of them can be kept inside without a trial said that from the beginning. And while I have no taste for thugs like Mokbel bad luck fair is fair better to let 10 guilty men go etc. Most in prison shouldn't even be there to begin with. Drug laws are a joke and where a lot of this started

Because they are "bad" And law and order is what the public wants. Yet none of them can be kept inside without a trial said that from the beginning. And while I have no taste for thugs like Mokbel bad luck fair is fair better to let 10 guilty men go etc. Most in prison shouldn't even be there to begin with. Drug laws are a joke and where a lot of this started

Tony Mokbel isn't a thug, he's a diplomat and a negotiator. He's also a drug dealer apparently because everybody says he is and most of us know nobody makes enough money to buy a Ferrari flipping pizzas.

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Tony Mokbel isn't a thug, he's a diplomat and a negotiator. He's also a drug dealer apparently because everybody says he is and most of us know nobody makes enough money to buy a Ferrari flipping pizzas.
Oh God.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

He's also an Australian citizen just like you and I, and we're all guaranteed the constitutional right to a fair trial.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Senior Constable Silvester is in full VicPol damage control mode.

Simon Overland had been headhunted by Christine Nixon to become assistant commissioner crime as a new broom, and then promoted to deputy. In 2009 he was appointed the new chief.

As a publicity stunt the then premier John Brumby pinned Overland's insignia on his uniform. It was a bad look, undermining the independence of the office.

The fall out was inevitable, with claims of media leaks, dodgy statistics, witch-hunts, political appeasement and backstabbing.

Friday's hearing at the royal commission was a public airing of a decade-long, festering feud. Both men and their supporters believe they were victims. Both professionally perished from self-inflicted wounds.

Jones paid a heavy price
– never returning to full time policing. Overland was eventually forced to resign and is now unemployable in law enforcement. This week he was sacked as CEO of Whittlesea Council.

Hate to see full on damage control if this is what you think. Listen I get your pathological hatred of Silvester - he writes better than you - but you need to let it go.

He has written what most of us saw occurring. Overland was an ambitious jumped up wannabe. Gobbo was a symptom of that that reckless ambition. Overland cut corners all in the name of ''gangland wars'' . He will see his day in court

I see no damage control here.

Back