Current Royal Commission into Lawyer X gangland convictions on tainted evidence & police corruption

Remove this Banner Ad

Was he? Or did he just look like it scooting about in his Ferrari and Armani suits? I heard the only reason the police went for him initially was because he just got too cocky and lodged an application to build apartments that crossed over Sydney Road from one side to the other ... something like that. A very ambitious plan and wouldn't take no for an answer.
I believe it was called “The winger wonder” but eventually was knocked back, i recall reading he wanted it to rival buildings in Paris and Rome.

David Miechel today did come out and deny the Oakleigh house was associated with Mokbel as well.

David Miechel today did come out and deny the Oakleigh house was associated with Mokbel as well.

I believe David Miechel.

They should have let Mokbel build his winged wonder, I was in Sydney Road today bumper to bumper traffic it needs something architecturally interesting to look at. Or have a laugh over.

I believe David Miechel.

They should have let Mokbel build his winged wonder, I was in Sydney Road today bumper to bumper traffic it needs something architecturally interesting to look at. Or have a laugh over.
As an aside I think ''tunnel housing'' is the future. Utilise space above the roads.

As an aside I think ''tunnel housing'' is the future. Utilise space above the roads.

Agree, with walkovers. Sydney Road would have been a good place to do it in too, I cant remember the timing of it all but I think there were plans being formed for a major redevelopment of Pentridge Prison (on Sydney Road) into retail, commercial and residential. There might have been some conflict.

I wouldn't live on that site with the ghosts of the tormented.

Zero appeal.

morelandcouncil.jpg

He might still feel he owes Paul Dale something but he has nothing much left to lose imo.
Yeah, I don’t see the point in covering for Dale, he didn’t say anything then and still refuses to say anything now.
He was interesting to see on the stand, was a little odd to see him claim he was innocent in the burglary though.

A nice side note to add is that Gobbo’s first client gave evidence secretly to the commission.

Yeah, I don’t see the point in covering for Dale, he didn’t say anything then and still refuses to say anything now.

Paul Dale will have something else on him.

A nice side note to add is that Gobbo’s first client gave evidence secretly to the commission.

This guy? I don't understand why he can't be identified.

A gangland killer who was represented by barrister Nicola Gobbo in 2003 and 2004 has said he would have "sacked her on the spot" had he known she was a police informer.

The man cannot be identified and gave evidence to Victoria's Royal Commission into the Management of Police Informants on Wednesday — in, at times, colourful terms

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05...all-commission-hears-gangland-killer/11137978

Paul Dale will have something else on him.

This guy? I don't understand why he can't be identified.

A gangland killer who was represented by barrister Nicola Gobbo in 2003 and 2004 has said he would have "sacked her on the spot" had he known she was a police informer.

The man cannot be identified and gave evidence to Victoria's Royal Commission into the Management of Police Informants on Wednesday — in, at times, colourful terms

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05...all-commission-hears-gangland-killer/11137978
There was a heavy insinuation that Miechel & Dale had been in contact and have seen each other’s statements so they aligned.

Yes, that’s him,
Not too much information about him but he is a killer who got 10+ for manslaughter, likely not a name many people would recognise either.

"The runner"?
no no,
in other articles they give you a little additional information about them.

Currently serving a long stretch for manslaughter, there was a mention that he was involved with police corruption but refused to testify against them.

I believe it’s Nicholas Ibrahim.
Shot Sam Zayat dead back in 03 I think, got a long sentence for manslaughter.
He was also involved in a drugs rip off in St Kilda back in the 90’s with a few officers including David Waters and Glen Sandler, this particular story came up at the commission a week or 2 ago.

A few seperate news articles mentioned he had a dealing with corrupt police but refused to testify against them which all links up with Ibrahim’s history.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be a very long time before he can spend any of it. If Paul Dale hasn't been dipping into it and it's still all there.

When Miechel was released there was a nice write up about him and the very strong possibility there was cash stashed away, how much who knows.
This is obviously not an isolated incident so you would assume there’s something stashed away somewhere.

The book by Andrew Fraser & Malcom Rosenes mentioned Miechel and that he would steal a lot of hardware and so forth for his tool shed.

Strawhorn was said to have paid cash and so significant home renovations, apparently has a very nice house on Caulfield and a tradesman said he paid him $20,000 in cash.

Which book was it do you remember? I read Snouts but tbh only because it was banned in Victoria and someone gave me a copy.

That’s the one, snouts in the trough, in in the back portion of the book somewhere.
I don’t think he gets a mention in the others, certainly Strawhorn, Rosenes and Paton do.

That’s the one, snouts in the trough, in in the back portion of the book somewhere.
I don’t think he gets a mention in the others, certainly Strawhorn, Rosenes and Paton do.

I don't remember Miechel in it but might not have got all the way through iirc. I read it around the time Fraser was putting it out that he had cancer in the spine and had shrunk a couple of inches. I saw him speak at a gang summit which was hilarious because he platformed with the Commissioner of Police and some other high ranking cops. Had his anti establishment rant, did quite well because he was posted up there totally on his own and surrounded then he bolted, at considerable speed for someone who only weeks later announced he only had months left to live.

I don't remember Miechel in it but might not have got all the way through iirc. I read it around the time Fraser was putting it out that he had cancer in the spine and had shrunk a couple of inches. I saw him speak at a gang summit which was hilarious because he platformed with the Commissioner of Police and some other high ranking cops. Had his anti establishment rant, did quite well because he was posted up there totally on his own and surrounded then he bolted, at considerable speed for someone who only weeks later announced he only had months left to live.
Still alive too i believe, surely if he passed by now we would know about it.
Last i heard about Fraser was he pocketed a good portion of the million dollar reward for Dupas and he would make an appearance when Dupas goes to trail for Kathleen Downs and there was something else which is slipped my mind.

I believe David Miechel.

Just keep driving, it gets more scenic eventually. I think it's called the Fawkner cemetery

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Hearings to continue until March, 2020 and another near $21 million to go into it. Gross.

Given the “seriousness” of the matters before the state inquiry into Victoria Police’s management of informant and barrister Nicola Gobbo, the Andrews government has given the royal commission more time to report.
The Royal Commission into the Management of Police Informants was initially supposed to report on the number of cases impacted by Ms Gobbo’s conduct, and the extent to which those cases were impacted, by 1 July 2019, with another report on other matters listed in the terms of reference by December.
However, the Victorian government has extended the commission’s timeframe, with a progress report now to be provided by the original completion date and a final report on all of the terms of reference to be submitted to the state’s governor by 1 July 2020.
Public hearings will continue to be held until March 2020, with the extension and broadening of the commission’s terms of reference to “significantly” increase the volume of material required for examination.
The government has also approved a request for additional funding, in light of the amended terms of reference, with a further $20.5 million to be injected into the royal commission.
Commissioner Margaret McMurdo explained that the quantum of activity undertaken by Ms Gobbo meant that more time was needed.

https://www.lawyersweekly.com.au/wig-chamber/25710-lawyer-x-royal-commission-extended

Commissioner Margaret McMurdo explained that the quantum of activity undertaken by Ms Gobbo meant that more time was needed.

She did get herself around didnt she

Eighteen years undermining the criminal justice system. Not one or two where damage control might be possible, eighteen years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back