Current Royal Commission into Lawyer X gangland convictions on tainted evidence & police corruption

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Who will be first do you think?

Who knows? They have only unearthed the tip of the iceberg.

You would reckon that Gobbo is in strife, and then she'll take down as many as she can with her, in true psychopath character, in order to gain herself some mitigation or immunity. It's incomprehensible for these corrupt pieces of s**t to ever believe that they would be on the receiving end of their own treacherous little games.

This isn't over by a long shot.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Out with a retrial you think? and any evidence gathered through gobbo etc not allowed, real can of worms

Out with an envelope containing a water tight "non disclosure" clause.

If they attempt to retry him, then all this disgraceful corruption will get exposed, and he'll end up with a nolle.

Out with an envelope containing a water tight "non disclosure" clause.

If they attempt to retry him, then all this disgraceful corruption will get exposed, and he'll end up with a nolle.

Agree. They can't retry him after all this.

It's about negotiating the right deal now and how to effectively gag him.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
The remaining aspect is how VicPol & the state government stage manage the whole charade.

I mean, I predicted they would prostitute the "gangland war" to death, but there's only so much bullshit that an increasingly cynical Victorian public can swallow. The "we're just good blokes doing a difficult job" crap has well & truly run its race.

Agree. They can't retry him after all this.

No chance. I'm not claiming the bloke is an angel, but the fact is that he IS the victim of a disgraceful injustice.

It's about negotiating the right deal now and how to effectively gag him.

I doubt he would speak publicly anyway, and they'd know that. He deserves to be compensated and then I'd guess that he would retire to a quiet life.

Then the circus moves on to the next claimant.

The remaining aspect is how VicPol & the state government stage manage the whole charade.

I mean, I predicted they would prostitute the "gangland war" to death, but there's only so much bullshit that an increasingly cynical Victorian public can swallow. The "we're just good blokes doing a difficult job" crap has well & truly run its race.

How much stage management can they do? Why even try? It's as bad as it gets on so many levels and everybody knows it.

They'll have to start sending some of them to jail and seizing their assets to help pay for some of this. Their superannuation, the acreage at Wangaratta and Kilmore, the mistresses apartment at Docklands, holiday shacks, the Winnebago!

I doubt he would speak publicly anyway, and they'd know that. He deserves to be compensated and then I'd guess that he would retire to a quiet life.

Safe in some respects there, agree to that also discretion was a key attribute and I can't see him speaking publicly either. He can still rattle them a bit though, I'm thinking he might get a decent payout. Not enough for a Ferrari and a spare but enough to get out and live comfortably.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Mokbel has a former judge, Richard Maidment QC acting for him and he's already signalled plans for a petition of mercy.

This is a political convenience.

It allows for release without corruption being exposed.

spike101

All Australian
Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Are these diaries mentioned in paragraph 15 and 16 likely to be found in the same place as Overland’s. What is so special about Sandy that he cannot be named when so many others have been?

Crimewavex

Debutant
Dec 10, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Are these diaries mentioned in paragraph 15 and 16 likely to be found in the same place as Overland’s. What is so special about Sandy that he cannot be named when so many others have been?
Apparently nothing is special about him, I’m told if you were to read/see the name you wouldn’t recognise it at all.

I believe he claimed it simply because he was SDU & for anonymity

Of course, it was never about the money...

Getting some pricey face work done too I noticed, botox and fillers even an implant that I can pick so far, I'm seeing shades of Mickey Rourke there.

LOL, it's really warming up now.

Wait until they all start lagging each other.

BTW, $80 million is not even close.

Have you seen the figures?

I stumbled over a NSW Crime Commission report not long after Mokbel did a runner to Greece but it can't have been the whole story and not sure it should have even been on the net. For the year they took less than $200k.

Chameleon75

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Have you seen the figures?

I stumbled over a NSW Crime Commission report not long after Mokbel did a runner to Greece but it can't have been the whole story and not sure it should have even been on the net. For the year they took less than $200k.

I don’t know the amount but I’d expect it to be much higher than that, didn’t they seize properties he had placed in relatives names?

Anyway I got my $30k invoice paid and I’m sure there were others he owed money too that got paid out of the proceeds too.

I don’t know the amount but I’d expect it to be much higher than that, didn’t they seize properties he had placed in relatives names?

It was a legitimate document, quite sure because I had names of investigators in NSW they had chasing up there and some of them were on it. Might have been a team report or something.

Who did you have to deal with? Was it in Canberra?

Chameleon75

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Did you also get a grilling about where the rest of his money was or where you even thought it might be?

We wrote it off, being Mokbel it wasn’t worth pursuing. When he got extradited back, we received a cheque out of the blue. Honestly do not know if it came from seizures or if he was settling debts to deprive the state. But we neither asked or got asked about it.

We wrote it off, being Mokbel it wasn’t worth pursuing. When he got extradited back, we received a cheque out of the blue. Honestly do not know if it came from seizures or if he was settling debts to deprive the state. But we neither asked or got asked about it.

One of my family businesses took quite a few cheques off Tony over the years, he never once asked for a better deal, they were always good, paid on time and I never heard of him owing anybody. So it might have been him.

Back