Official Team Thread Roys FFC - Season 24 Team Thread - Broken Medal Count Finished!

Remove this Banner Ad

Staaaaaaaaaaats!! My favourite time of the week. Yes, even more than the afterglow of a comfortable win.

Mind you, my stats look horrible. I've clearly made one too many handballs.

Can you share this week and let me kick more goals? I want a rising star nom!

TWTWTW.png

The night was dark, the air smelt like deep heat, whiskey and broken promises. I don't know what drew me to the coaches box at 3am on a quite Monday, but something told me i needed to be there. The room was a mess. Tables topples over, chairs on their sides, bottles everywhere. Everything was in the right place, but something felt off. I took a drag on my gauloise, the rich smell filled a room.
A cough.
I spun.
In the corner stood a shadowy figure. Unrecognizable in darkness, but familiar all the same.
"The local. 2 hours. Don't be late" the figure rasped, and pushed their way through the door. I stood there for several minutes, taking in what i'd just heard. The Local? which local? There were several locals. There had to be more clues. I inspected the spot where the shadowy figure had stood, all that remained was two damp footprints, and some pistachio shells. I knew exactly where i needed to go. There was only one place it could be. I grabbed my trench-coat and hat as swept out into the cool night.
I trudged across the BJO, my footprints clear in the early morning dew. I pulled my hat further down, as to hide myself from peering eyes. My head raced. Why was he here. What did he want. We were due to head to his place later in the week, but he'd come here? It made no sense. Something must be up. I patted my left pocket and felt the safety that comes with a loaded pistol. I swore never to fire it again after the last time, but it was reassuring all the same.
I made my way through the back streets, zig-zagging back and forth, making sure nobody was following. I didn't need any prying eyes.
A noise.
I stopped and stepped into the shadows of a doorway. I squat down to avoid detection.
Mooch, Allikat, Klim, Mobbenfuhrer and A Bit High round the corner, singing as only victors can sing. I pull myself deeper into the shadows. There joy is evident, even in the dark, they glow with happiness. But something is missing. I wait until their dulcet tones drift away into the distance. I begin my prowl to the local again.
I finally reach the paint-chipped door. It says closed, but there is light leaking around the edges. I push on the door and enter. No one budges. The barman nods. I head to the bar and order a whiskey, neat. I snack on pistachios. A young lady sits next to me, she smiles. Not tonight doll i say, not in this gin joint. She wanders away.
I wait
"i am glad you could make it" he says. haydo23. baby-faced haydo23 doesn't look a day over 23, but we all know he's been around and seen a lot. I say nothing. He smiles "You have a mole"
What do you mean we have a mole? i growl not in the mood for his games.
"you've got someone in your midst that has been telling me about all your movements, all you tactics, all your plans" he smiles even wider "and now is the time to come out of the shadows"
My mind races, a mole? But how? Then it hits me.........@nahnah. He'd been acting strange recently, painting his locker in a gold and blue motif, etching 4:hearts:23-4eva into his notebook, and come to think of it he wasn't with the leadership group before.
nahnah is all i say. A figure stands up from a nearby table and approaches us.
"Sorry cap"
he says, eyes downcast
Don't you ever call me that, i ain't your cap i snarl
"it's not what it seems" he mumbles
Then what is it then, cause what i see here, is a trusted friend, throwing his lot in with the other side, selling out the rest of the team, a team that stood beside, fought with you, fought for you, but if it's not that then what is it. I say through gritted teeth.
nahnah goes to speak, but hadyo places a hand on my shoulder. "It's done, go back to the BJO bowiedog, The Roys are done. The 7th Wonder will rise again, nahnah just wants to be on the right side of history, isn't that right boy" nahnah meekishly nods "Let's go, let's leave bowiedog and his team of washed up has beens"
They turn and and leave. nahnah glances once over his shoulder, i can't tell if its fear or sadness in his eyes. Probably both.
I finish my whiskey and slam it down. One more i spit at the barkeep. Fury building up inside.
"You sure you don't want some company?" It's the young dame "i'm xenxen, i think we can help each other out"

We sit in the rooms. It's Sunday. The game is mere minutes away. Matt_352 and Stoods look worried, but don't say anything. mike123 comes up and sits next to me "some of the boys want to know where nahnah is and who the **** is the random sitting over" he asks.
I look him in the eyes "nahnah's gone" I say aloud so everyone hears me.
Silence.
I stand. the gun a soothing presence in my shorts pocket.
"nahnah is gone, and he ain't coming back. I know it, you know it, but you don't want to admit it. It's done. He's done. That there is xenxen, a new Roy, a Roy that will help us turn the tide. She knows the wonders, when she speaks listen." Wise Guy Sam pats me on the back, his eyes say everything.
The siren goes.
We run out.
Let the battle commence.

The siren goes
The battle is done
Both side have been hit hard
But it's the Roys who stand tall.
i make my way over to where nahnah is lying on his back looking up, dazed.
"you have been weighed, you have been measured and you have been found wanting" i say to him.
I turn my back and walk away. leaving him to his thoughts

Roys by 56

Gorilla of the Week.png

gorilla-silverback.jpg

We tackled the Wonders and won. A big resounding win. It was a whole team effort, but this week the Gorilla of the Week goes to someone who had more than usual to deal with. xenxen arrived at the BJO mere days before the outing, and was immediately tasked with facing her old team. Some posters go angry, some just disappear. Not xenxen, who got stuck in, and took it to her former teammates. Come game-day the pressure was on. The pressure to best the other that had traded places. Xenxen rose above the pressure and had a formidable game off the Forward flank, with 14 touches, 6 Marks and Goal. A terrific debut in the Maroon and Gorilla, made even better by the fact she outclassed the former Roy now wearing the Wonders strip with ease.

Well done xenxen

Gorilla's of the Week

R1: Matt_352
R2: Barrels
R3: MannumPower
R4: 3KZ is Football
R5: Wise Guy Sam
R6: Mooch
R7: Dicky Fitzwell

View attachment 421307

View attachment 421314

We tackled the Wonders and won. A big resounding win. It was a whole team effort, but this week the Gorilla of the Week goes to someone who had more than usual to deal with. xenxen arrived at the BJO mere days before the outing, and was immediately tasked with facing her old team. Some posters go angry, some just disappear. Not xenxen, who got stuck in, and took it to her former teammates. Come game-day the pressure was on. The pressure to best the other that had traded places. Xenxen rose above the pressure and had a formidable game off the Forward flank, with 14 touches, 6 Marks and Goal. A terrific debut in the Maroon and Gorilla, made even better by the fact she outclassed the former Roy now wearing the Wonders strip with ease.

Well done xenxen

Gorilla's of the Week

R1: Matt_352
R2: Barrels
R3: MannumPower
R4: 3KZ is Football
R5: Wise Guy Sam
R6: Mooch
R7: Dicky Fitzwell
Well done xenxen

Thank you for the lovely story FBD. It's beautiful and made me a bit sad. Well nahnah's loss :p his new captain is not going to write him stories :) well I am also touched that I am Gorilla of the week. Yeah that was a difficult week for me but I got through it because of my new captain and my new team mates. Thank you so much for the welcome. I know I had a bit of a meltdown a day or two before game day. But you all made it so much easier and that win on Sunday was amazing and how you all mentioned me after that win. Thank you so much Roys! We will have a great season. I just know it :) xxx

Thank you for the lovely story FBD. It's beautiful and made me a bit sad. Well nahnah's loss :p his new captain is not going to write him stories :) well I am also touched that I am Gorilla of the week. Yeah that was a difficult week for me but I got through it because of my new captain and my new team mates. Thank you so much for the welcome. I know I had a bit of a meltdown a day or two before game day. But you all made it so much easier and that win on Sunday was amazing and how you all mentioned me after that win. Thank you so much Roys! We will have a great season. I just know it :) xxx
Nahnah who?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 421285

The night was dark, the air smelt like deep heat, whiskey and broken promises. I don't know what drew me to the coaches box at 3am on a quite Monday, but something told me i needed to be there. The room was a mess. Tables topples over, chairs on their sides, bottles everywhere. Everything was in the right place, but something felt off. I took a drag on my gauloise, the rich smell filled a room.
A cough.
I spun.
In the corner stood a shadowy figure. Unrecognizable in darkness, but familiar all the same.
"The local. 2 hours. Don't be late" the figure rasped, and pushed their way through the door. I stood there for several minutes, taking in what i'd just heard. The Local? which local? There were several locals. There had to be more clues. I inspected the spot where the shadowy figure had stood, all that remained was two damp footprints, and some pistachio shells. I knew exactly where i needed to go. There was only one place it could be. I grabbed my trench-coat and hat as swept out into the cool night.
I trudged across the BJO, my footprints clear in the early morning dew. I pulled my hat further down, as to hide myself from peering eyes. My head raced. Why was he here. What did he want. We were due to head to his place later in the week, but he'd come here? It made no sense. Something must be up. I patted my left pocket and felt the safety that comes with a loaded pistol. I swore never to fire it again after the last time, but it was reassuring all the same.
I made my way through the back streets, zig-zagging back and forth, making sure nobody was following. I didn't need any prying eyes.
A noise.
I stopped and stepped into the shadows of a doorway. I squat down to avoid detection.
Mooch, Allikat, Klim, Mobbenfuhrer and A Bit High round the corner, singing as only victors can sing. I pull myself deeper into the shadows. There joy is evident, even in the dark, they glow with happiness. But something is missing. I wait until their dulcet tones drift away into the distance. I begin my prowl to the local again.
I finally reach the paint-chipped door. It says closed, but there is light leaking around the edges. I push on the door and enter. No one budges. The barman nods. I head to the bar and order a whiskey, neat. I snack on pistachios. A young lady sits next to me, she smiles. Not tonight doll i say, not in this gin joint. She wanders away.
I wait
"i am glad you could make it" he says. haydo23. baby-faced haydo23 doesn't look a day over 23, but we all know he's been around and seen a lot. I say nothing. He smiles "You have a mole"
What do you mean we have a mole? i growl not in the mood for his games.
"you've got someone in your midst that has been telling me about all your movements, all you tactics, all your plans" he smiles even wider "and now is the time to come out of the shadows"
My mind races, a mole? But how? Then it hits me.........@nahnah. He'd been acting strange recently, painting his locker in a gold and blue motif, etching 4:hearts:23-4eva into his notebook, and come to think of it he wasn't with the leadership group before.
nahnah is all i say. A figure stands up from a nearby table and approaches us.
"Sorry cap" he says, eyes downcast
Don't you ever call me that, i ain't your cap i snarl
"it's not what it seems" he mumbles
Then what is it then, cause what i see here, is a trusted friend, throwing his lot in with the other side, selling out the rest of the team, a team that stood beside, fought with you, fought for you, but if it's not that then what is it. I say through gritted teeth.
nahnah goes to speak, but hadyo places a hand on my shoulder. "It's done, go back to the BJO bowiedog, The Roys are done. The 7th Wonder will rise again, nahnah just wants to be on the right side of history, isn't that right boy" nahnah meekishly nods "Let's go, let's leave bowiedog and his team of washed up has beens"
They turn and and leave. nahnah glances once over his shoulder, i can't tell if its fear or sadness in his eyes. Probably both.
I finish my whiskey and slam it down. One more i spit at the barkeep. Fury building up inside.
"You sure you don't want some company?" It's the young dame "i'm xenxen, i think we can help each other out"

We sit in the rooms. It's Sunday. The game is mere minutes away. Matt_352 and Stoods look worried, but don't say anything. mike123 comes up and sits next to me "some of the boys want to know where nahnah is and who the **** is the random sitting over" he asks.
I look him in the eyes "nahnah's gone" I say aloud so everyone hears me.
Silence.
I stand. the gun a soothing presence in my shorts pocket.
"nahnah is gone, and he ain't coming back. I know it, you know it, but you don't want to admit it. It's done. He's done. That there is xenxen, a new Roy, a Roy that will help us turn the tide. She knows the wonders, when she speaks listen." Wise Guy Sam pats me on the back, his eyes say everything.
The siren goes.
We run out.
Let the battle commence.

The siren goes
The battle is done
Both side have been hit hard
But it's the Roys who stand tall.
i make my way over to where nahnah is lying on his back looking up, dazed.
"you have been weighed, you have been measured and you have been found wanting" i say to him.
I turn my back and walk away. leaving him to his thoughts

Roys by 56

compelling reading

he ain't coming back. I know it, you know it, but you don't want to admit it. It's done. He's done.
have to retire one day

"you have been measured and you have been found wanting" i say to him.
Don't act like you didn't know my size

Round 10 - The Bombing Raid

tumblr_lv5fzqe78i1qa59bo.gif

Well that was both expected and unexpected. We were always going to be the team that would let a struggling team get a leg over, but also you always get a feeling that it would be different the next time around. Apparently not. Ah well. We pick ourselves up and dust ourselves off.

This week we have the Bombers, an unruly bunch of angry so and so's, a massively maligned groups, led by the massively maligned Haro.
Let's not slip up again, let's hit abdu prison with all the firepower we've got, let's ground these bombers and clip their wings.
Let's do this fellow Roys.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...d-bombers-vs-roys-ffc-at-abdu-prison.1179186/

3KZ is Football mike123 xenxen Reardo Klim Barrels Roylion Dicky Fitzwell A Bit High Papa Juggs Azarole Mobbenfuhrer Allikat Mooch Slax Carn the Roys! royboy2 CALL ME SNAKE Chezzalenko Reborn Mighty P Freakie MannumPower ChookNorris Wise Guy Sam Stoods Matt_352

Where's our match thread captain FBD? Did you forget ours? :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back