Official Team Thread Roys FFC Season 31 Community Rooms - Congratulations Supersuns !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Z80sfWQ.png

Normally I'm a little more organised than this (well, that's not actually true and likely not fooling anyone), but our very own Zevon got a vote in another thing !!!

You can find out more about it here, from a few weeks back now....

Congratulations to Zevon for winning a weekly rookie thing - he joins Freo_4eva on this list and hopefully our very own Aristotle Pickett picks up one as well in the near future.....

Alright I'm happy, 2 points is better than none and we're in the 8. We now need a solid win over The Filth Wizard and his Royal rabble to boost our percentage and cement our spot.

MindlessSnoopyGull-max-1mb.gif

So I can't really be such a campaigner that I don't update my beloved compatriots here at the Roys FFC (and indeed the wider Sweet FA) about my recent news.

Most of everyone knows some level of my situation. Since 2007, my wife had been ill and progressively deteriorating.

She'd been bedbound for the last approx 8 years, some small walks with assistance. No ability to use phone, computer, hold a book. Could watch movies if I set them up and could sometimes grab pencil and paper and draw.

On Wednesday evening she passed away, in hospital. I was there. She wasn't alone, and won't be. She was generally comfortable/painfree at that time.

Of course it's rough, and I'm busy making arrangements etc, but I'm still fully (and I mean fully) invested in the Sweet FA hijinx as it's a perfect escapism - which is absolutely necessary.

Just letting everyone know. My persona here is unaffected (as far as can be ensured), because that gives me the most distraction.

Soon today I'll actually go out of the home (to a supermarket) for the first time in many years that wasn't en route to a hospital. It's gonna feel pretty surreal!

My coping is currently ok, might have a bit of a freakout after the funeral (which is likely to be about a week away).

So, I urge everyone to carry on as usual in terms of dealing with me in the fantasy world here. But it'd be a dick move if I didn't give an update to you, my friends.

This is for those outside the Roys too, I just have an aversion to media threads in general, and something felt super icky about announcing this in a new thread.

Cheers all. C'arn the 'rillas!

We are always here for you Mobbs - whether for big things or small !! Your creation brought us all here and helped us make lots of new friends - that we never would have made without you !!

1567583629837.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I can't really be such a campaigner that I don't update my beloved compatriots here at the Roys FFC (and indeed the wider Sweet FA) about my recent news.

Most of everyone knows some level of my situation. Since 2007, my wife had been ill and progressively deteriorating.

She'd been bedbound for the last approx 8 years, some small walks with assistance. No ability to use phone, computer, hold a book. Could watch movies if I set them up and could sometimes grab pencil and paper and draw.

On Wednesday evening she passed away, in hospital. I was there. She wasn't alone, and won't be. She was generally comfortable/painfree at that time.

Of course it's rough, and I'm busy making arrangements etc, but I'm still fully (and I mean fully) invested in the Sweet FA hijinx as it's a perfect escapism - which is absolutely necessary.

Just letting everyone know. My persona here is unaffected (as far as can be ensured), because that gives me the most distraction.

Soon today I'll actually go out of the home (to a supermarket) for the first time in many years that wasn't en route to a hospital. It's gonna feel pretty surreal!

My coping is currently ok, might have a bit of a freakout after the funeral (which is likely to be about a week away).

So, I urge everyone to carry on as usual in terms of dealing with me in the fantasy world here. But it'd be a dick move if I didn't give an update to you, my friends.

This is for those outside the Roys too, I just have an aversion to media threads in general, and something felt super icky about announcing this in a new thread.

I'm so sorry mate, 6 months ago after my mother passed away you gave me some really brilliant advice, as you said above use the SFA as an escape, it totally works.

Mobbs, it's saddened me to hear your news and my thoughts are with you, your family and your friends.

Through the community you have built here, please know that you have so much virtual support that you can rely on if needed. We can and will spring in to action if you need anything from us.

Much love to you Mobbs my friend in this difficult time.

Thanls for all the words guys and gals. It's very appreciated. :)

We push onwards.

Teh qooty:

17 people having a chat this week again, nice work all :)
Remember it’s not about how much you post but how much fun you have and giving your team a bit of support too :)
Great too see Aristotle Pickett getting into it and hopefully Freo_4eva and our old mate Zevon will grow into it a bit more too, both quality rookies. I’m enjoying my time here, great bunch of people 👍🏻
Being in a team with Mobbs is an absolute honour and pleasure 👌🏻
Lets all jump in and have a great run to finals the next few weeks!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back